To everyone who is complaining about getting ganked on a PvP server

Like… What did you expect? It’s a PvP server. Killing other people is the whole idea of what server.

Do like me and roll PvE if you don’t want to be ganked.

5 Likes

You have no clue what you are talking about.
View is too narrow outside of your pve cave.

1 Like

which PvE sever?

seems the pve servers are full, reason why I joined a lower pop pvp server, now if a fresh pve server is released will 100% reroll

I play horde on PvP server and in general are the dominating side (luckily not by a huge amount on our server).

I used to share the opinion that it is a PvP server and comes with the package. Vanilla also had a period of honor system pre BG’s.

But to be honest, it’s getting out of control. Classic is not Vanilla. People know what is coming, everyone wants to HK grind for ranking and rewards now already in much bigger numbers than Vanilla. They know the tactics, the spots to camp. And there’s not much else to do for many outside of a weekly raid night.

Combine this with the much bigger server populations, and the faction imbalance. It turns any non PvP aspect of the game nearly unplayable.

Again, it does not hurt me much, we have a fair balance, not overpopulated and I do not need to level anymore. Also I am on the “dominating” side and am a rogue so can escape most gank groups.

Just seeing corpses piled at any point of interest of level 50+. Be it dungeon entrances, flight masters, leveling/grinding zones. It’s just silly.

Don’t really see a solution to it except common sense and decency of players leaving leveling players alone with their epiced out gank squads. But that’s not gonna happen, so…

19 Likes

But I do know. I played on a pvp server back in the day (Bloodfeather). Ganking was always part of the game and is the main draw for bored PvPers when there are no BGs to put them in.

1. Whine and cry on forum
  2. I see them and gank the cry babys
  3. Rank 13 kork pvp rank 0 cry baby
7 Likes

Im on Pyrewood Village. We havent had a queue since the first week and theres plenty of people.

1 Like

Blizzard needs to rethink their ranking system.
Obviously Kork is going to blast through the ranks with much ease.
I’d suggest opening a 15th rank reserved for him.
Avatar Kork, no honor points attached to killing him, because let’s be real, nobody can kill Kork.
Kel’thuzad is already reconsidering his comeback with him around.

7 Likes

So to people who are trying to level up and they cant, you are actually saying to go fack them self? Good sh-it bro. You are just a typical human, ME ME ME… what about others? No!! Only ME ME ME… PvP on PvP server, yes ofc, but oly for lvl 60’s. Why? Because all players below 60 will quit otherwise. Reason is they cant quest, they cant do dungeons, they cant pvp. Do you udnerstand? Do you? I think persons who are ME ME ME dont understand, their brain cant think of something else than ME ME ME… blaaah, disgusted!!

8 Likes

I’m saying that they knew what they were getting into. Lets be real, has any MMORPG with open PvP been a good experience in the last decade?

to everyone without friends in real life: sad

Those who knew what was coming compared it to vanilla pvp, but this is out of control. The problem is almost every pvp server have 70-30 faction ratio in favour of the horde. Also the servers have to many people on it. Another factor to this sh*tshow is the mentality of minmaxing players.

I was thinking it would be more like vanilla, gankings will increase sure and there would be more pvp out in the open overall. Now its pvp raids in every zone, and if you happen to be alliance then its gg tbh. Even if you form a raid then you will be fighting 2-3 raids and so on. Boats and FPs were never camped like this.

On Stonespine, IF and SW are being raided everyday. After a while, its not that fun anymore. There are less and less people in IF and SW each day.

4 Likes

Does your ego allow you to walk through doors? Don’t think so.

I was playing Back in vanilla too. I was ok with sometimes got killed. It was fun :slight_smile: but nowday i simply cannot do anything. In a 4 hours gameplay i finished only 4 quests. My lifetime is from 1 to MAX 10 minutes,70% time u spent by walking to your corpse :slight_smile:

Do you remeber in your old Times pvping was like this?

6 Likes

PvP servers were always about the ganking to me. I’ve always played healers, and was thus always an easy target. That’s one of the big reasons I only got single character to a high-ish level back in the day.

In my mind, people who though they could go on a pvp server in todays internet culture and have a good time completely forgot that the atmosphere is completely different today compared to 15 years ago.

1 Like

Cork needs to stop smoking his socks

2 Likes

made my day :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s sad for Classic - the Honor system is broken. Everywhere big to huge groups prevent people from questing or even just get to a dungeon. The Honor system should implement not only Diminishing returns on honor but penalty for camping. Ie. you get honor for the first 3 kills outside of BG for 1 hour after that you gain no honor unless attacked first. 4th kill could be a warning not to kill again and all consecutive kills should withdraw honor gained equal to honor gained for the first 3 kills. Killing people more than 15 levels below you should yield dishonorable kill and a honor reduction! Everything outside BG’s naturally.

1 Like

Nah bro i dont play wotlk bro saw on utube that was easy mode boss only classic has real challenge and more ranks should be cool so its more of honor to climb rank 13 high warchief

It’s not that they get ganked it’s that they try to do anything and a 40 man raid camps them anywhere they go.

It’s not how vanilla was, it’ll settle down in a few weeks but right now everyone is corrupted by the fel bloodlust that the orcs suffered from etc.

Hell I logged on at 3am sometime during p2 to kill some whelps with like 5 people in the zone and got ganked.

And no I’m absolutely NOT saying ganking wasnt a thing in vanilla. Because I know someone will try and claim that I said that etc.