To the person who designed and approved goblin event

PLEASE never make any design decisions like this in the future, thank you.
reasons;
-it’s lagging so hard that you basically randomly push buttons to make sure you hit the goblin , nothing fun about that
-rng loots make it annoying, i’ve done it more than 50 times, still couldn’t get the mount, there should’ve been a bad luck limit because this is not any different than farming any other mount , only ‘‘event’’ that’s happening rn is lag
-you keep making us use 3rd party stuff to keep tracking the event, it wasn’t really hard to put a tracker in-game.
-loot sometimes gets bugged and we can’t trade it so i destroyed like 5 extra pets till now
-nothing other than cosmetics we loot from this event gives any resemblance of diablo

10 Likes

I turned my spell effects to the lowest value and it’s fine.

3 Likes

i’ll try this too, thanks.
they suggested goggles but i don’t have them so couldn’t try that one

lower particle density as well.

1 Like

didn’t help :confused: i even lowered some more stuff but still lagged so bad , this time it was extra crowded tho

1 Like

It’s on a fairly easy enough to memorise schedule. Even I figured it out on day 1 and I forgot to buy toilet paper yesterday even though I went to the shop just to buy toilet paper.

The people who actually spent the time to write it down and publish it on twitter/wowhead are just helping hands.

Not had one issue with lag whilst doing the event, admittedly I do use the corgi goggles but that is mainly because I get bored whilst waiting for the goblin to arrive and it’s funny watching players turned corgis scrape across the floor and then sniff it…

Lag is likely to be an issue your side, not enough ram is the usual suspect.

Not convinced this is actually a bug, I think this is something on the player end. Either players are in groups and trying to share with people not in their groups, they never tagged the goblin and therefore are not eligible for the loot or (and this is most likely) an addon is causing a conflict.

So why are you constantly complaining about the event and not getting the loot? This is just complaining for complaining’s sake :roll_eyes:

It will end up on the trading post or as a twitch drop/prime gaming loot before too long and you will have a 100% chance to get it then and no doubt we will have to listen to your 101 complaints about why that isn’t fair and is a terrible decision too…

1 Like

i have too much in my mind theres no space for them so i use the weakaura(thank god someone made it)

try a few times without goggles and come say again that lag is not an issue xd

i shared with some people that weren’t in my group , i couldn’t share it with others so groups is not related i guess if they haven’t hotfixed it to be like that but people keep giving pets to each other

i want the mount…

that’s not certain tho , what if they won’t put it ?, it’s just not a well designed event , nothing about it is fun , i’m not crying because i couldn’t get the mount, it’s just bad like objectively bad.

1 Like

I turn my graphic settings down to 1 before the Goblin spawns. This helps massively with the lag.
I turn it back up to my usual setting when the event is over.

i’ll try this too, thanks
edit: didn’t help much :confused: i have more than enough as a pc build but it still throttles ram

Can confirm everything you said.

The lag isn’t only client based but server too. Servers are not designed for this amount of people.
I’ve had the whole zone disconnect and not get any loot because server couldn’t keep up.
I’ve had a goblin desync and 80% of the people looting it while the rest were hitting the massive health pool of the desynced goblin.
Waiting 10 seconds between casts because the server can’t catch up.

The rng is horrible for a FOMO event. I have 50-60 kills and looted 18 goats at this point, still no mount. My girlfriend looted it on her 2d try…but i can’t queue for mythic+ because i need to stay out and farm the goblin every 30 minutes…just to get 3 gold and a goat.

This is bad game design and should not be encouraged.

2 Likes

exactly!! even if fps stays high, ping starts and goblin teleports away.

ALSO THIS. I can’t farm ksm right now because of this event and my whole wow experience is about laggy goblin …
Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

Issue with these events is mainly the fomo nature of if.

3 Likes

When will it next be in Stormwind?
I’m just back from holiday so already missed a week of this event but at least I have two more weeks to not get the rewards. I googled Greedy Emissary Tracker but all I tind are guide telling me what it is and what the rewards are, nothing saying it will happen here at such a time.

I wish they’d stop with these stuff might happen somewhere at sometime type events. It adds nothing to the game.

It’s not lagging in any way on my PC and I am barely entry-level of high-end hardware.

That’s not a game issue, that’s a hardware issue (due to so many players in a single shard). It was the same with World Bosses in SL and S1 DF.

RPGs have no replay-ability with no RNG systems. Imagine Skyrim without RNG systems. You would find in every chest pre-defined loot, can only loot once and bandits and all enemies wouldn’t drop items aside of gold.

There is a marker of the portal 5 minutes before the goblin spawns on the ingame map (no addons needed). You have to be in the zone to see it. Also, WoWHead did release a spawn schedule graph, you can find it here https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1109775.png

Afaik the loot trading of the event works correct when the people were in group. Maybe try that if you haven’t already.

Because it still has to fit the Aesthetic of WoW. The Banner for sure reminds me of Diablo and I am happy they implemented it. Same for the Pet, the Bag transmog and the Scroll Hearthstone.

15 mins so 4pm server time (3pm UK)

It is (server time) even hours SW and odd hours Org and every xx:30 hours in a DF zone, You just missed waking shores at (ST) 3:30.

The DF zones go: Valdrakken - Waking shores - Ohn’ahran plains - Azure Span - Thaldraszus.

If you want the mogs and mount the best plan is to alt hop, park an alt in SW, one in Org and one in DF. You need to be in the zone to see the portal on the map, so if it is spawning in Ohn’ahran you need to be there. This is also important for the Thaldraszus one, you can’t see it if you are in Valdrakken, you need to be outside the city!!

2 Likes

I like your avatar cube head

Thanks. great info.

Any level reqs? I’ve only one level 70 and a bunch of 60s.

No, I’ve been doing it on level 50 somethings and looted the bags and charms no problem and the mount dropped on this char at level 66.

It doesn’t give great XP though, around 1-2k depending on level so not even a good way to level :laughing:

1 Like

shame but I read that your first loot of the day has a higher chance than the others so I might just do it once a day.

Honestly, I got the bag on most chars on my laters kills and the mount I got on my 5th or 6th kill of the day. My first kills nearly always only give gold so I wouldn’t rely on the “higher” chance.

I’m still doing a few to try for the bag on my main and if I get any extra drops (mount or mogs) I’ll trade and others are doing the same so I think everyone will have their fair chance of getting everything.