To the warrior designer guy - Thank you!

Hi. I preordered Shadowlands but never played … I had the choice paralysis where I wouldn’t know which covenant is the best hence why I delayed playing until this patch.

Anyways.

I just want to say - BIG THANK YOU to the Warrior designer guy !
We have SHATTERING THROW now ! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !
Also - thank you for letting us use spell reflect again in PvE! Also Thank you for ignore pain! Also - Intervene !

I can finally play my Warrior !!! I am so happy i literally shed a tear when I saw that I can use all my old skills.

Thank you for making the game fun for me again.
Thank you !

4 Likes

Ignore Pain so good :raised_hands:

All those additions you mentioned are really nice! I have enjoyed them myself too.

However, the core gameplay of a warrior is lacking in terms of sounds and visuals. Rampage, Raging blow, whirlwind, bladestorm, slam, overpower are just all terrible to look at and listen to. I’ve said this in multiple forums, but the classic warrior from vanilla/tbc/wrath looks and sounds better in every way.

I think animations are really important to gameplay and character immersion and blizz is griefing itself by not improving it.

They did good with Spell Reflection in Shadowlands, it can be used for millions of things in dungeons and raids, it’s truly a powerful ability. Shattering throw is much more niche, I think I use it only in PVP and occasionally in Torghast.

But yeah it’s a much better design to give Warrior the core tools and not lock everything off like they have done in the past.

I love fury animations. I recently started playing it and I think this is the first spec where I catch myself watching animations during a fight :joy:

2x 2h giant swords, top notch animations imo.

1 Like

You probably havn’t played warrior before. It used to be much better.

1 Like

They partially given us back some of the tools we used to have. But Imagine if a dps warrior could use By the sword, shield wall and defensive stance at the same time? Imagine having some of those active talents as baseline abilities?
We’re still missing some of those things…

Spell reflect used to reflect everything in 3 sec and even before (in Wotlk) used to have 15 (or was it 10? ) sec CD. It was better but waaay overpowered (not that it’s not now hehe )

Shattering usedto be 5 min CD and work only against Pala and mage, now it’s 3 min and works vs monks (and shields in general) too.

Intervene seems the same and it’s awesome.

The fact that I remember using this tools and how my gameplay hurt without them is the reason I am happy, mate :slight_smile:

Also I don’t mind my guy shouting all the time, I am an orc male so it’s kind of good, If i don’t want to listen to them I listen to music anyways.

I was not replying to you In that comment btw, I was actually talking about Radahn 1 comment above me.

As I said also in another comment, I really enjoy the several additions that you mentioned that do indeed add to the toolkit of the warrior in a meaningful way.

My comment was about the current animations and sounds of the warrior that are simply worse than the old ones. Everyone who played a warrior in vanilla, tbc, wotlk can confirm this.

No ure wrong

Everyone was a wrong thing to say. Obviously there is some people that like current, just very few of them. However, judging by your achievements, you started playing in 2016 so how would you even know :slight_smile:

I think I was clear when I was referring to people that played back in the day.

Your self-confidence is extreme bro :muscle:
Of course people cant create more than one account at all right? :thinking:

P.s. started playing in tbc when russian realms were made

I do believe you but i do think that people who enjoy current gameplay are very few. In my opinion there are plenty of problems with retail that have resulted in such a low current population, and one of them are the major animations and sound overhauls that came in legion.

Alot of specs lost their touch and feel due to bad animation and VFX artist tastes and decisions. The biggest victims of this are rogues, warriors, mages, warlocks and more.

Big multiplayer combat specifically feels bad to look at when you cant distinguish anything happening due to overimposing aoe effects of unimportant abilities.

I’m not gonna get into the specifics of itemization, content and character progression, but I do believe there are fundamental issues there too.

That’s not true. Spell Reflect worked against one spell only but would sometimes reflect more if the spells landed within the server spell batching window, so if a few spells landed at pretty much exactly the same time they would all get reflected, depending on the timing.

This is the same reason 2 mages could sheep themselves at the same time, or two rogues could gouge at the same time, effectively just lag. Spell Reflect in Shadowlands is actually far more powerful because it doesn’t require a shield, no stance dancing required and no need for tactical mastery talents to keep your rage so you’d actually be able to use it outside of tanking.

The Shadowlands one lets you outright immune a massive list of dangerous boss spells and abilities in dungeons and raids, effectively turning it into an invaluable and powerful utility that is used all the time, where as in TBC it was generally used just occasionally by tanks (example Mana Tombs last boss and ROS in Black Temple) and PvP.

I’ll give you some examples. In Sanguine Depths the 2nd boss does an ability called “Castigate” - This ability can easily kill the targeted player, if you use Spell Reflect the boss is unable to target you so nothing happens. In Castle Nathria the Dark Lady boss would target players with a spell that spawned dangerous adds every so often that had to be constantly interrupted and killed before they wipe the raid. If you spell reflect just before she casts and you get targeted the add doesn’t even spawn, making the fight much easier.

On the Artificer Xymox boss in Nathria (also in Sepulcher) the boss puts traps on the ground throughout the fight. Warrior can spell reflect the traps, meaning a Warrior can help clear the traps away (can also use Bladestorm for this).

2 Likes

He hasn’t entered pvp yet solo… : D

Agreed. Vanilla/TBC Warrior was bae.

no gladiator stance = thrash design!

1 Like

Ignore Pain was my big reason for taking up Warrior. :slightly_smiling_face:

Before we got that spell, Warrior felt absolutely unusable in casual PvP, and a healer was REQUIRED. It also suits the fantasy of the class to reduce dmg taken, rather than good self heal, and with the Impending Victory talent it feels amazing.

I can finally main Warrior without feeling like I’m tossing myself at my enemy, with the task of just having to deal as much damage as possible, before I inevitably die. :joy:

1 Like

Wait, you actually press Ignore Pain? Oh yikes.
:melting_face:

Don’t embarrass yourself too much now… :joy: You realise that there exists specs outside of Fury right?

On Arms it’s a huge defensive benefit so you don’t cap on Rage, and it made Arms playable in solo PvP. Not just playable, but Arms is incredibly fun in solo PvP. :slightly_smiling_face:

And even though you don’t use it on CD as Fury, you still use it when you take sustained dmg.

1 Like