Today's heroic dungeons have been ungghh

Forgive me, but I need to let off some steam. Yesterday I got my new alt to 120, so I was excited to jump into some heroics and gear him up today. Sadly it hasn’t been that easy, nor enjoyable.
Three out of five queues I get placed in the middle, or at the end boss so I get very little chance at loot.
Then there was the time I hopped into the dungeon only to be welcomed by our tank running past me being chased by 60 packs of mobs and everyone dying.
There was the guy yelling at someone on the last boss of Motherlode because she didn’t know to stand near the post when he has the shield up. Instead of politely explaining it to her he felt the need to call her names.
The rest, are full of boosters. Now I have no issue with boosters normally, and many would welcome them, saying they make your life easier. Just stand there and pick up your loot, right? The problem is, I get to mythics and I have no idea what I’m doing because I’m so used to, well, doing nothing. I barely know the layout of dungeons because we blast through it, blindly following the 900k tank dps in normals and heroics. Then there’s overconfident clowns who think they can pull everything on the map, see Figure 1.1

https://i.imgur.com/crlTVq6.png

Yeah, I’m sorry. I take part in content because I enjoy it, and I want to be involved. I don’t want to just stand there and “get my loot”.
What an awful experience it has been today, seriously.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I had to get it off my chest.

Peace.

1 Like

Heroic dungeons wouldn’t really prepare you for mythic dungeons anyway: because they don’t need to. Normal mythic dungeons are still very easy. All you need to know is the general layout as in where the bosses are and if there are important mechanics what they are/what they do. You can find this out in the dungeon journal.

For this reason I’d recommend that you start doing normal mythics instead. They’ll give you a better overview of the dungeons and they’re not hard even though the name could suggest otherwise. The end goal should be in mythic+ if you’re into dungeons anyway. Heroics are there just so you can see the dungeon: they’re really bad for trying to learn anything. Because that’s not what they’re meant for.

True, they don’t fully because the mechanics are different, but at the very least you learn the layout of the dungeon and the enemies basic abilities. Unfortunately when there’s an overgeared character in there stuff dies too quickly for you to notice anything.

That’s also the problem. There was a particular mechagon dungeon I had never seen before, which is the one I had to leave because we kept wiping thanks to the guy pulling the entire map.
I just want to enjoy the content without being told to sit down and shutup, then awkwardly collect my loot once everything is dead.

The only way to “fix” that is to implement a system where you get to choose the players, and that’s called mythic dungeons. Any content where the group is formed randomly will suffer from that problem, because in the end you cannot choose who you’re playing with nor do you have any control over it after the fact.

Of course it can still happen even if you hand pick the players if you don’t personally know them, but it doesn’t happen as often especially if you indicate that it’s not a zerg/rush run. Best way to get around annoying or rude teammates is to play with friends/guildies/people from communities that you know won’t go over the board. And if they do, you can simply stop playing with them :slight_smile:

You are not alone, ive noticed exact same issue.

I even wanted to try out some tanking myself, and jeessus the trolling i got…

Everyone ninjapulling and not respecting others at all.

This is the reason i dont tank for random groups no more, not worthy, i rather just take the longer que time and keep on howlingblasting…

The system needs to be redisgned for damagers only.

The weirdest stuff you see in dungeon finder omg…

What Blizz could do is limit the ilevel to enter dungeon finder.

Lets say the gearlevel that it drops could be a thing.

+430 ilvl should not be able to join heroic dungeons anymore…

You can do is lower youre gearset and then you cant go into full rampage mode, you would have to play nice.

If you still wana try to farm some special item or do a quest you missed.

Yeah I thought about this too, because I figured there was no point for anyone above that gear level to be in a heroic. But, what if they geared up to that level via quests, assaults and WQs and want to practice dungeon runs before they try their hand at Mythic. While the mechanics are different, running it on normal/heroic can help you get acquainted with the map and where to go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.