Too many spammers

Guessing there are alot of these on the forum, but I’m making this post regardless.

I see so many people spamming “WTS 15-24 FREE LOOT” and other similar spams. The dungeon/Raid finder is literally packed with spammers who have no issue advocating their website in the description.
I also have encountered an issue where a spammer named Sbsboost is impossible to ignore. It says “stop ignoring” but he/she are still able to keep spamming.

I have not read the ToS, but does it say anywhere that this kind of selling is not permitted?

If not should it be, or should there be a section(similar to dungeon finder) where, if you want to sell boosts, are forced to post it.

I scrolled down the m+ list today around 3-4pm and i counted 32 accounts of people trying to sell, and 15 actual groups. Is this what the game is meant to become?

Sorry for the rant but its kinda bugging me and i hope shadowlands wont have this issue(though im sure it will)

Be safe :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yea it’s darn annoying .

You’re about to get lots of boost sellers and spammers to defend their “business”

5 Likes

A neutral decision would be to give them a separate chat so they can go be annoying there.

A positive decision would be for the practice to go back in the grey sector and every spammer like that to receive a temp.

1 Like

That’s not all, i’ve been searching on the forum for the newcomer channel, and i can’t find anything about this, but wait until shadowlands pre patch hits, if blizzard don’t do anything about it, the newcomer channel will be “just another channel to spam with that trading services”.

Don’t get me wrong, lately i’ve been using my game time to report them, not sure if it makes difference or not.

1 Like

Sadly much like in Diablo 2 they did nothing about the spam and it just got so bad that people either stop caring or find easier solutions like an addon to filter it out… Because having to stop and report stuff constantly, is a detriment to gameplay.

It’s why I think Blizzards ‘hands off’ approach unless it gets a ton of reports to be a very poor choice. We need GMs in-game working and taking action in real time too, because if being in BGs has taught me anything it’s that a large portion of the audience does not utilize reports including report afk, report spam, or report language.

On RP servers that also goes for non-RP names and guild names which has just gotten to the point no ones names get flagged unless you make a guild angry.

3 Likes

Selling boosts for gold is not against the rules. So Trade is pretty much taken over by boost selling to the point people either leave the channel, separate it into a separate tab or use an addon like badboy and it’s plug in badboy cc cleaner to get rid of all the ads.

Advertising runs in the group finder is not allowed and it’s very frustrating seeing both mythic plus and raids filled with WTS spam. I keep reporting them but it seems to be doing nothing to deter people.

Yeah hope they find a solution to that.

badboy addon works

Thanks for providing that info, was not sure but I figured it would be against ToS. It shows a clear lack of effort and care from Blizzards end. I’m hoping for a representative from the GMs will post on here, but I’m sure that will never happen

The “WTS” adverts in the LFG tool is something that is actioned - if you see it, please do report it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Do you have an average time it takes for the report to be actioned?

btw I have just reported 6 with websites in them.

Can you PLEASE have Blizzard make Ignore account-wide and not character specific…

6 Likes

Four years. Except if it’s Christmas, then add two more.

It’s not as simple as that. There are insane amounts and people aren’t going to sit around reporting people all day when the same websites come back 5 minutes later with a fresh character to do the same thing over again. We need need account wide bans to have any shot at dealing with this issue. Please, please take this seriously, it is a real problem that is ruining the game experience for a lot of people.

3 Likes

It’s SUPER simple actually. Have only level 120 chars be able to join LFM. Have account-wide bans. Problem solved. The issue is Blizzard’s lack of willingness to do away with these practices as they generate cash for them. Crap, but true.

3 Likes

I only reported because I was flying somewhere.

1 Like

Well it’s not as simple as proposed by the GM. If you have to change the mechanic then it’s by definition more complicated. Now I do agree with your idea, that would be a good start, but also enforcing people breaking the ToS is something that is lacking.

All actions taken are account wide. It’s not possible to suspend a single character from using the LFG tool.

It’s complicated in that some of these adverts potentially come from compromised accounts, others are throwaway accounts, then some are players who do not know better.

@Dottie - no details on how long it takes - generally it would depend how many others have reported the advert before the report is escalated up for review. But they are investigated and actioned.

3 Likes

It’s very random. I know someone who got a 1 day ban for selling boost in LFG after literally 5 minutes from posting the group, and someone instead got banned after few days.