Too much instance difficulties = worthless

I dont know how dead retail has to be till you realize PVE instances are 100% worthless for everyone if they have 10 different difficulties. And some idiotic key settings that are hard to understand for new players.

Should switch back to a single difficulty on every dungeon/raid/whatever now instead of waiting 3 more expansions to realize it yourself.

When everything has only 1 difficulty, make 80% of PVE instances easy and 20% very hard.

1 Like

And then people will cry because they can’t do that 20% and can’t experience part of the Lore. After which they will complain that it should be changed.

How are they worthless for everyone? That doesn’t make sense. Not every difficulty has to be relevant for everyone. Hence the ability to choose from multiple ones.

If they want people to keep playing their game for a long time, they can’t do this. Majority of the hardcore raiders already log only in for raid related reasons and will immediately sod off the game as soon as the tier is cleared. And they do also make up a significant portion of player base (not the majority of course). Seems like a loss of revenue to me to have an easy raid come out and the raiders stop playing after a single week. Or won’t even bother with it.

There are also features in Classic, that are confusing to new players.
Also it’s not the amount difficulties that is pointless, is how gear is treated that makes said gear pointless.

who care for lore i just want deam toons lvl 120 reap reward

they could watch a streamer do the raids lul

Each player can choose the level of depth he is going to invest in WoW, as well as players have different preferences. Some likes raids, some like PvP, some like the lore, some like to have many alts, some like RP, etc.
I don’t see how having different difficulties makes a content irrelevant, it’s actually a choice to make more options available to fit the different players’ playstyle.
It’s impossible to make a player 100% happy without annoying some other. Restoring a single difficulty is a certain way to annoy many, though.
Raiders will be soon get bored of the content, while more casual players will quit because they can’t experience the whole storyline.

2 Likes

No thanks, i prefer having different difficulties. I dont have time to raid anymore so i like that dungeons can offer challenging end game content without ever becoming faceroll.

Yeah, let’s go back to the format you are playing, i had a blast playing HS while spamming flash of light on the tank.

While i do agree that there are too many difficulties atm, one difficulty create a problem on the other side:

Boring content.

Personally i would remove Normal from the pool we have now.
I mean i would remove LFR too but people would cry so hard for that idea i have no desire to get in that topic.

“people” cry about everything… yet they still post on forums regardless of expansion, i dont know why we take so seriously opinion of 10yearolds who play the game no matter what.

My proposal of a single difficulty would bring a level of value to the pve instances, noone can even remember.

To those to cant understand that the 80/20% example, was an EXAMPLE… go watch the first blizzcon where Jeffrey explains how it makes the game more epic for everyone if there is some very hard/unbeaten content.

There is hard content in the game already. High keys, mythic raiding, high rated PvP is all content that majority of the player base will not do because it’s too hard for them.

What value? Please enlighten me because I can’t see the point of a single difficulty. I can only see problems of it being either too easy or too hard. Which will always leave one half of the player base annoyed. At least with the current system people who find LFR/normal too easy can do hc/mythic and people who find hc/mythic too hard can do LFR/normal.

1 Like

Lol wut?.M+ is great. and we all understand it, i think ur alone there in not getting it.

mythic+ gives Non-raiders a Opportunity to grind towards Decent gears and to a Level BiS Armour… prior models, basically made the game Lack luster for those who didnt raid.

u may personally be able to raid and more, but theres lots of us unable to dedicate specific hours every week to participate and its ridiculous to beleive its a great idea to alienate those who cannot.

M+ Is fine… and its done nothing but improve the game for those unable to raid.

80% of the M+ Key difficulties are Easy… its only the very ceiling thats extreme in difficulty.

M+ is what keeps me playing tbh, seeing how high I can go, a challenge. I am sure, if you remove M+ from the game, I’d be bored way more faster.

2 Likes

So different difficulties is a problem? Something that’s been in the game since TBC?
You do know why it got implemented, right? The reality is that without them, dungeons would just become irrelevant.

And i’m sure you’ll come back and say “uhhh, they’re not irrelevant in classic” they will be, ones the raiders get the gear they want, there is 0 reason to do them.
Ones i was decked out in MC/BWL gear back then, i certainly didn’t waste 2 hours of my life to do something that could give me 0 rewards.

This so much, i am so hyped to get started again now that part of my M+ team is returning :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.