Too outdated for me Classic

I’m a returning player, quit 10 years ago when my daughter was born, got the game originally back in 2005 and played till 2011.

I’m in retail mostly but back playing Classic and I’m currently level 34, was in 2 minds to play Classic again because of the creature comforts of retail, easier to get into dungeons, BG’s etc etc.
I think Blizzard have missed a trick here, the should of modernised it, kept it the same but revamped it…

1. updated graphics,
  2. added in more flight paths,
  3. added in the dungeon queue system (BG’s too) etc etc…

you get what I mean, the could off called it Classic + or something.

thoughts…

6 Likes

Classic+ is a non-starter for Blizzard, but TBC is coming, probably within 6 months.

1 Like

No, just no.
No offence but no.

14 Likes

If that’s what you think, you weren’t the target audience.

The game has improved graphics.

No.

…Alright, so you’re just trolling then. That’s not very original.

13 Likes

If someone is not enjoying a game, do you…

a. Make changes to the game to please one/a few individuals, risking to lose some of the people that enjoy the game as it is.

b. Tell the one/few individuals that this game might not be for them, and that there are other games that they can play.

10 Likes

When someone suggest LFG option, are we talking about teleporting to the instance, when the group is (automatic) filled?
If so, I hate that option.

-----> retail

7 Likes

I think you’re playing the wrong game, those are my thoughts.

Stick to retail.

3 Likes

Thoughts?

Stay where you are.

no need for the toxicity! I love the game, always have, just an idea.

please don’t call me an F’ing troll either!

I think they should leave it as it is. Thats for most the reason to play it… knowing it wont get those things added from retail.

1 Like

Activision/Blizzard was at least smart enough to recognize that there was a huge audience who thoroughly enjoyed Vanilla WoW and chose to capitalise on this by releasing Classic which was pretty close to Vanilla. You on the other hand are apparently not smart enough to recognize why Classic was released in the first place. So no offense, but if that’s what you enjoy, then “go back to retail”

3 Likes

No thank you.
No offence, but please stay in Retail and let us have Classic.

3 Likes

Well, give it some time and TBC (and eventually WotLK) will be released under the Classic banner.

Until then, run like the rest of us. :joy:

People wanted the exact same experience as in 2004 and that’s what Blizz delivered. Took people a while to get used to things after playing retail with all handiness associated with it. Hell I even got excited at getting a blue polearm for the AV quest then remembered druids can’t use polearms in Classic :confused:

1 Like

No.
No.
No.

Next question…

2 Likes

You know what some people will attack you no matter what approach you take if they think you’re undermining something they like and to be fair I’m not so sure they even know why they’re doing it.

I was a vanilla player and loved it back then. WOW classic is not vanilla, we’ve moved on and for me there simply is no going back. Personally speaking, I don’t believe you should go back and an attempt try relive the experience because long-term that stuff only leads to depression. On the other side Retail isn’t much better but in today’s society it caters more for how people interact online now and so for me has the edge but tbh I think the concept of WOW is old now and we should move on, onto fresh ideas and not just same old grind only longer, or put behind time-gating etc it’s killing the game.

But we also have to remember that Classic players and retail players are the same people.
That said if you never played vanilla by all means go back and enjoy all the old stuff but on the flip side if you love retail then yea by all means keep on rocking!

Personally, I like neither now so I’ve decided to unsub but only because I was becoming cynical and kept wanting to blame something for the game’s decline in fun.

Anyways, none of that’s important and I’m free.

Good luck to you all!

1 Like

If it is outdated for you then you are NOT the targeted audience.You have to deal with that fact and that is that.

3 Likes

I loved that “etc etc” :slight_smile:

You dont want classic+, you actually want retail 2.
Go to retail.

OP, I feel you. I absolutely hate anything after the wotlk. But still, when Classic was announced and vent live I’ve was hopping that only the gameplay will stay the same. Instead, is like playing Minecraft or Mario. And no classic player wanna change it.

This reminds me of the Silent Hunter series, a game where players in range of 60-80 year old had ruled out every graphic improvement, mostly because their setup was 40 year old. And is not a joke, most of those players still had a tube monitors and a I3 processor.

I were also asking for an updated graphic of Classic, but the main majority gave me the typical “go to retail” response. We live between two worlds … we love the classics gameplay, but also hate the old graphics. An option in the graphics for [use classic/new graphic] may solve this problem. I love the gameplay, hate the visuals!