Torghast as Demonology

Does anybody else begin having issues doing Torghast as demonology? The pet needs some serious buffing before it stops getting more or less 1-shot in nasty packs.

Basically I can leave after 1st and 2nd floor if I don’t get pet buffing powers or it’s going to be a waste of time.

1 Like

If you’re talking about layer 12… The recommended ilvl for this is 252, so it’s going to be rough for a few floors. It’s doable, but it’s just fairly miserable for a while.

1 Like

Well after doing few runs it wasn’t really as hard as I thought. Although the pet does indeed seem very weak compared to what it used to.

I am not certain what exactly has changed from 9.0 to 9.1 but Demonology definitely feels worse in Torghast. I wanted to get the back from the Adamant Vaults and Demo had alot of issues with getting the flawless score. It felt slow, it didn’t hit as hard as i thought it would, pet died quicker? I don’t know.

But Destruction though holy moly i burned through everything with ease and even saved 1000 + 300 anima to buy the transmog back + shoulder.

They added extra bad anima powers.
Demonology as strong as it was, if we are lucky to get pet buffs on first layers.
Also there were different anima powers for pet’s hp pool and pet’s damage, that now are merged (so drop chance decreased).

Yes, I had this issue today. If you get the power that increases the pets hp and damage by 100% for each floor you are on a good way for a pleasant torghast run, if you dont get that you are in for a terrible run in my opinion. Implosion damage, shadowbolt and demonbolt damage increases are to low to even matter I feel. 10 seconds cooldown reduction on Tyrant… like really?

I have played ele shaman in torghast too and they feel great without the “need” of any epic powers. Warlocks feel terrible if you dont get the “Right” ones.

3 Likes

You don’t need Pact of infernal intimacy - epic pet trait, to finish torghast, but i had to swap my felguard to void, because Felguard was simply unable to keep agro on packs.

Does this anima exists anymore?
I havent gotten in in a ton of runs.

It does still exist but its pretty rare

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.