Torghast disconnects

Does anyone get constant disconnects in Torghast as a druid?

These aren’t your typical latency disconnects.

As a preface, my machine could be considered as pretty high end (3070 / 5900x / 32GB) and my net runs through cable (obviously :slight_smile: ) and is decently stable (1 outage in 2 months at most).

These disconnects occur when in Torghast and when completely beefed up on anima powers. It happens when in Balance spec or in resto with balance aff.

When going nuts with starfall + hots + dots , paired with stupid amounts of haste , then the game just disconnects you out of nowhere.

There’s a few posts about it here and there, mainly from druids.

I would like to see an official statement on why this happens.
It’s not my machine, even with 5 ppl going insane my fps is still a solid 144.
It’s not my net, that’s stable and sufficient.

So what is it?
Is it too many spell effects?
Is it some anti-botting mechanicsm kicking in?

This is ruining Torghast runs for me and my party.
I literally have to hold back because otherwise I get disconnected (or rather ’ kicked’ as it feels like).

What is this sh!t?

I think it’s to do with the anima power that slows you for each attack you do combined with doing big pulls. The game just instantly boots you when you press Trash or other big AoE ability.

Yup I had this, in regular torghast i dont get this issue, only in twisting when a lot of effects are procing.

I think its purely down to too many spell effects happening from you at a short period of time, I did raise a ticket but when you think about it you are upwards of 150+ damage ticks every second all of which can proc themselves and snowball.

Reducing the pull size greatly limits it, but the biggest area where i had issues were the skeletons.

Usually the game is used to working out maybe 30 damage ticks but after a certain amount the engine cant handle it.

Well, when I did my TC layer 8, it was hell. I was Guardian with Bala affinity (and all Epic animas for dmg/utility etc). And I went full yolo Convoke build + FullMoons from Moonfire(+with Galactic Guardian ofc) and so on …

When I pulled everything with that monstrous HP of mine (800k ±), dot everything and just Convoke, I was freakin done. It kicked me everytime I cast Convoke or if more full moons procced from Moonfire, it happened too (I had to skip whole 17 floor, because it was nonexistent. Went only for last boss and then Boss on 18 floor).

I never stepped into TC since then, because its unplayable :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.