Torghast has Broken me at Last

I have been running Torghast and the issue of unbeatable end bosses has finally broken my patience with this Company. I put in a ticket and GM Ratacoatl said that the issue with the final bosses is known but Blizzard hasn’t done anything about it.

This issue has not been resolved. I have run Torghast on several characters now and I have found that while all of the bosses offer stiff resistance some of them are impossible to defeat (you know this is true Blizzard, look at all the posts on this topic on Wowhead. The response I received from Rahacoatl admitted that there is a larger problem and I have now given up up running Torghast as after three hours of slogging it out and finding that the end boss is invincible leaves me feeling rather miffed. In fact if I go to do Torghast now I get a knot of fear in my stomach at the possibility of another lost three hours. This is bad as a PVE player Torghast is currently the only “end game” content open to me.

How about this for an idea. You return all of my monthly subscriptions that you have taken from me since Shadowlands came out and make the game FREE TO PLAY while we, the players, work out the wrinkles in your BETA mode. I am loathe to pay to play this broken game. I have been with you since 2007 but you are losing me as customer with your broken product.

1 Like

What in the world are you doing to make a single run take that long? If you clean sweep every single floor a Layer 8 Twisting Corridors takes like 1-1½ hours, 2 hours if you are extremely unlucky with AoE powers early on.

Most of the time the bosses are beatable, you’ve just made a mistake along the way that causes you trouble. You are forewarned of what type of abilities you’ll encounter as well as what type of damage scaling is increased in any particular run.

This is incorrect. It’s the only content you choose to do. Don’t mix up what’s available and what you chose to not participate in.

It’s not broken. Sometimes the scaling and RNG makes your chances of success worse, but then again the content released with a warning that it will be difficult and require more of the players than other content will.

I can’t know for sure, but I am inclined to guarantee you that most of the problems you are having is a piloting issue rather than the game itself.

1 Like

Hi. I was expecting a reply from you. I assume that you are a fan boi of Blizzards. I would like to point out that this is not my own opinion or evaluation of Torghast alone, it is the opinion of a GM that admitted the end bosses were, in some cases, unbeatable. This is not acceptable. And if you still don’t believe me go look on Wowhead, where there are hundreds of people having the same sh***ty experience.

As for time considerations: I like to take my time, pick up every single anima power, every single Phantasma and look up each power choice as they turn up to try and put together a build to beat the end boss, but pointlessly in most cases. And why I am at it I mention “end game content” as PVE as the toxic attitude of how long you take etc makes raiding an unpleasant experience due to the small number of toxic players that make it miserable for the rest of us. I consider the comment “piloting issue” is the comment of a toxic player and not particularly helpful at this point.

But we digress, the point of this post was to lend my tiny voice to this Torghast mess and let Blizzard know that many of us are very unhappy.

1 Like

I’ve been telling people this since the first week TC was released. If you want to clear TC 8 just don’t try to go in there ALONE. It is utterly broken and unbalanced.

If you play the wrong class or are unlucky it wont work.

Just search 4 other people and go in there as a group. It will be childs play to clear this with some meta classes (dk or mage)

1 Like

^ What this guy says.

It is utterly difficult for TC8 because it is meant to be like that. The entire instance is not designed around which class can solo it the fastest, it is more about the group content and synergy you can bring to complete it.

In fact, the classes that can solo it are either the overperforming ones (i.e Paladin, Druid, DH Tank) or the ones with conveniently strong powers to last long enough against most packs.

The layers have always been item level gated and they will update this in game with the next patch. Just dont always go for the highest layer and you wont be as frustrated

Telling you that you’re not entitled to complete difficult content if you don’t play well enough is toxic? Seems the other way round to me. The toxic player is the one who expects Blizz to remove any challenge for better players by dumbing down content to cater to his sense of entitlement.

If you can’t solo it as you are, do some mythic plus and raiding, and come back when you’ve got better gear. If you don’t want to do that, get a group together for Torhast. (It’s more fun in a group, in any case.)

But stop trying to spoil the fun of people who are completing Torghast and who are enjoying the challenge because that is the act of a toxic player.

Once again I feel the need to remind some users that most low level forum character = troll posters. Rather than responding to them, just ignore via their profile and move on.

1 Like

Hey dude, dont be like that!
You could always try to spend like 10-15 hours to clear M+ dungeons and get nothing but anima from end of dungeon loot only to get your hopes destroyed by great vault RNG and end up with 750 stygia you could use to socket your ilvl 197 covenant gear with.

I could make a lot of arguments against your post. Though I’m sure majority of them, if not all would fall on deaf ears.
So I’ll say this instead.

You claim that Last bosses of Torghast is unbeatable. I would gladly do a playthrough as any of my four druid specs, stealthing past majority of the mobs to show you that it is in fact, not unbeatable as you claim.
If you would also do some of us the favor of posting in your actual main, rather that hiding behind you lvl “cover”. We could pick apart your argument even further, as we would be able to see what content you’re doing and how well prepared you are for torghast.
Yes some people do different content on different levels, and that is okay. My point is that if you complain over content that seem trivial to (in my experience and the people around me) majority of the players I meet. I would understand your frustration if you didn’t raid or do m+. But no way for us to know that.

Since you seem to be talking about twisting corridors, it is indeed supposed to be a challenge. Of course there are a few overtuned bosses (say, Malleare’s ground crush is already a 1 shot in a wing run, let alone TC and he casts it fairly quickly, and Synod is also a heavy DPS race I don’t like), but they can still be countered, and you will likely get the needed powers for your final enemy if you don’t rush it but look for powers actively.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.