Torghast has to be removed immediately

Torghast needs to be remove the aspect of it being mandatory for player power as soon as possible. I don’t know if you blizzard thought it will be an amazing idea to introduce this type of the same repeatable content required to do on your main character + your alts if you want to play them in the first patch of an expansion and planning to keep it for the rest 2 years ? Everyone went crazy with visions and they lasted only 8 months and immediately after that you introduce the same kind of dogpop repeatable content which rewards main player power.

In addition the 1st patch lasted 8 months and during that time you thought it will be a great idea to keep torghast for the next patch by making it harder and more time consuming? Everyone playing the game at high end content wants to do either +m,raids or pvp literally nobody wants to motherfcking to torghast. Just make it optional and give rewards for achievement/mount/appearance collectors.

Just take it up a chin and admit that you failed another of your projects and dump it, every single one of the prisoners of torghast got released by our mighty champions, done lore is there just fcking remove this pooop out of the game already. It’s a joke and you just introduce another currency in the new patch (soul cinders) and bam problem fixed forcing players to do the same horrible content for another patch :smiley: Even if somebody wants to play their alts and not stop playing the game until the next patch they will still have to do it again and again, whoever thought about this idea should get fired like do you even play the fcking game ?

3 Likes

I do, thorgast is good fun.

4 Likes

As long as we sheepishly pay the subs, they don’t give a flying fck about our opinions…
Only thing Moneyvision-Blizzard cares about is… well… money.

1 Like

Huh? It’s stupidly easy with the Box of Many Things buffs. And once you unlocked L12, you can speedrun it and ignore score (unless you want the adamant vaults), just like in 9.0.

I do want to run Torghast. It takes ~30 minutes a week, and is immense fun. I also get a chance at a conduit upgrade thingy dropping from adamant vaults.

2 Likes

Just dont do it lol

Havent done it in like 6 weeks

4 Likes

With the blessings and the other buffs from the box, I’m enjoying Torghast a lot more than I did in 9.0. I do it as havoc now rather than vengeance and with all the extra haste, havoc is starting to feel like it did back in 8.3, just without the big, purple beam.

1 Like

I’m with the OP, refuse to interact with 9.1 Torghast
9.0 Torghast had potential, but 9.1 Torghast is just hamsterwheel design on par with island expeditions

2 Likes

IIRC in 9.1.5 caps for ash and cinders get removed, souls freed in Torghast count towards the souls weekly (which will also be repeatable), and there wll be leveling quests in Torghast.

At that point, I’m very positive that Torghast will finally be totally fine.

Kinda. We didn’t have a cap on either, but Cinders were time gated. In 9.1.5, the gating is removed, and repeated runs of a wing will grant the full amount of both cinders and ash, making farming easier.

Souls freed on Torghast counting towards the 20 souls quest is nice, but at this point, it would just make more sense to remove that currency alltogether.

At the moment, the daily quest for Torghast awards the same amount of XP for completing two wings as any other daily. That’s abysmally small, if we consider the time spent clearing both wings. The XP from the mobs is also kinda low… So Torghast alone isn’t a viable leveling path yet. Hopefully they’ll tune that a bit.

Oh, I hope so. If they made it as efficient as dungeon levelling, some of my characters that are stuck at 50 might make it to max.

1 Like

I dont know why they thought it was a good idea to have to do two runs per week to max out the rewards. Having had it once would have kept it a lot more bearable. I would even go as far as to say that I wouldnt mind to do one off twisting corridors type of run (even if 18 floors) since it captures the spirit better of what Thorghast was trying to achieve in terms of stacking powers. Otherwise the idea of starting the other wing anew as if you failed the first one is kinda off.

I wish they’d have added a new Twisting Corridors for this patch. I really enjoyed progressing that solo with a couple of beers and some tunes blasting.

2 Likes

i enjoy Torghast but only on some weeks. i hate it when you have the stupid ghosts that disapear at some point, they debuff you with 10% less healing so pulling big kills you at some point. those coridors are design just to be annoying and take long, not fun at all. getting all that power and having to kill 1 or 2 mobs at a time is just infuriating

As soon as I got my bis legendary to 262 I more or less stopped doing Torghast unless helping friends.

It’s yet another piece of content plagued by mandatory participation and RNG. If you get the good anima powers early and decent blessings, it’s not too bad. The problem is on top of RNG from powers there is also a huge difference in time and difficulty between the wings. Some of them are packed with annoying mobs and take much longer to finish.

At least with the removal of soul cinders cap from repeat runs it’s possible to farm the less awful wings when they are up and simply skip the bad ones.

Torghast is my least favorite content of all times. No amount of tuning and tweaking can make it fun for me.

1 Like

This is the whole point of it, though. Have you never played a roguelike? The best ones tend to almost kill you off pretty early and you have to find a way, or make one whilst being completely under gunned. Making it mandatory in the state that it was in probably wasn’t a great idea though, maybe. I think there is so much more potential with this concept within WOW. I love a good old dungeon crawl :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t played any Roguelikes but the general feedback I’ve seen from people that do, seems to be that Torghast is a somewhat half-as*ed version of that genre. So it doesn’t really do the trick for players who like that genre and for those who doesn’t have any interest it just becomes a frustration because you have to do it.

While some builds can be fun, it still feels very disconnected from my actual class and spec. I’m not against new things, but it should never have been tied to player progression.

Nooooooo !

Torghast is a nice break from the regular play - I don’t do both runs on the same day so I have a varied week

Torghast can be done in any size group up to 5 so that also makes a difference

Mind you, Twisting corridors is a bit dull

I do enjoy torgast. Usually do it solo, with some morning coffee on the weekend. Chill, easy smth to do content when still not many ppl quing for M+. I appreciate part of it that it should be cleared 100%. Also strive to reach higher score than before even if not much of reward is related to it.

I’d rather do Torghast than do dungeons endlessly for AP / lego drops, island expeditions, world quests or Maw / Korthia dailies. Except for Mort’regar. That tileset can go die in a fire.

The current implementation may be a watered-down version of a true roguelike, but it sure as hell is better than all the other stupid systems Blizzard has come up with recently.

1 Like

Nah mang; they should remove the game itself immediately; it is not perfect /s.

Torghast can be lame, but it’s better than nyalotha’s visions etc. it replacess.

1 Like