Torghast now with timer?

Torghast Rework in Patch 9.1 Includes Score System Factoring in Speed and Deaths - Wowhead News

What if instead we had more of a rating or a score, where it was more of a spectrum, a continuum of success and trying to do better, trying to be more efficient, trying to be faster or have fewer deaths, but you have some reward to show for it?" Hazzikostas said. "You always want to do better, but you’re never leaving empty handed—unless you, like, fail on the first floor and your run ends there, that’s okay.

In this interview, Ion Hazzikostas also mentions that this score system would take into account things like speed and death count, leading to you always wanting to be better but you’re unlikely to leave with nothing.

5 Likes

Time should always be a factor when trying to make something score based. And score in Torghast doesn’t sound too bad. Time is also something that you naturally improve as you personally improve.

I know people love to lose their mind over any mention of timers, but this is fine.

The reality is you just don’t die in Torghast as long as you’re not purposely doing dumb stuff.
I don’t think i’ve encountered the Tarragrue once, on my grandmothers grave, it’s just a non-factor for me.

Looking at the other score factors time seems like a fairly minor slice of the pie.

Also:

When the multiplier timer is below 5 seconds, a Score Orb [TBD] will summon nearby. Claiming it will reset the timer and award 50 score.
This effect can only occur once every 3 min and not while no multiplier is active.

It mostly depends on the reward structure but so far it sounds good.

A real timer would’ve kicked you out at some point, but a score would allow to make up for a slow run with more exploration / kills if you want to. Doesn’t have to be a bad thing and I’ll stay tuned to see how they implement that.

They can do whatever, they ain’t making it fun

45 Likes

a continuum of success and trying to do better, trying to be more efficient, trying to be faster or have fewer deaths, but you have some reward to show for it?" Hazzikostas said. "You always want to do better, but you’re never leaving empty handed

This is what’s wrong with Ion as lead game dev right there imo. He was great at designing dungeon/raid encounters but this ridiculous desire to make everything into some competition really irks me.

Why do we constantly have to prove if we’re good or not… I don’t always WANT to be efficient, faster or be better at something I just want to have fun damnit.

The only good thing from this change so far is being rewarded for bothering to do boreghast in the first place. Though I doubt it’ll be fun even then.

Or should we start calling it Scoreghast now? Gogoghast?

Coming to you soon; Torghast speedrun ads on LFD.

54 Likes

It’ll all still be determined by RNG anima powers, though. I’m calling it - SL is broken beyond repair.

9 Likes

Timer is killing wow in a slow rate but i guess blizz likes that.

29 Likes

That pretty much sums it up. If i wanted to be better faster more efficient I would play LoL, Fortnite, Csgo or other purely competitive games.

17 Likes

They have already demonstrated that they are either incapable or too lazy to balance classes and specs for Choreghast in 9.0. Without that balance I can’t see how a timer is going to improve things? And then of course you have the anima power rng. I call total bs.

5 Likes

Personally, I prefer to be done with Torghast as fast as possible, so this won’t really change much for me.

That said, I still think this is a mistake.

So in other words “Choreghast” sucks, that’s your opinion.
So a complete overhaul and restructure can only be a good thing, if they mess it up it still sucks, you hate it either way, but maybe they improve it.

I think Torghast has potential to be incredible and a lot of solo play fun, to see them investing into it opposed to ditching it is good news for me personally.

They won’t improve it, they demonstrated that they were incapable of that in 9.0.

8 Likes

Torghast was a big pile of poop , they smacked that pile with a hammer and it splashed everywhere now xd
Guess they really will stop developing wow with SL

1 Like

Good i can tank and i will take only the most broken specs in Torghast.

1 Like

Seems ok to me, a small ash reward from each floor (not layer). Looks like they have seen players avoiding it like the plague and are trying to address that. However as the old saying goes ‘you cant polish a :poop:’.
Slightly off topic but still related to 9.1 - legendaries dont need soul ash to upgrade them after rank 4 - you still need it to go from 1-4 though

Getting sick and tired of importing speedrun and competitive mentality into everything in WoW.

One could easily do leaderboards/timeboards for the ones that want a challenge in everything without the need to tie rewards to it.

32 Likes

nice, choreghast was already a complete bore, and now on top of that we’ll have to speedrun it, good grief they just have no clue

11 Likes

Timer=stress=poor design=no desire to play that content,not for everyone,but for many thats true

6 Likes

Scoreghast !

7 Likes

Me : I love torghast its fun! :smiley:

Blizzard : You cant change spec inside anymore

Me : :confused:

Blizzard : Oh you cant even swap gear either, restart the run if you have wrong legendary or trinket

Me : Choreghast

Blizzard : OH YOU THINK YOU ARE SO FREAKING CLEVER?! WE’RE GONNA ADD A TIMER THEN!

Me : :sob:

33 Likes