Torn Completely Torn

Between Classic and Retail, I’m a returning player, returned last October into BFA, quit the game 11 years ago during Cata.
Was disappointed with BFA, but got through it, SL is better than BFA by a country mile and managed to get my character to a respectful item level of 206, there is something missing with retail, not sure what it was until I got into Classic again.

I keep playing Classic, I tried to get back in retail but keep finding myself logging out and logging straight into Classic again.
Item sets are great, professions are great, the farming to progress my character is great, mats farming, the quest lines stories etc etc.
Yes it’s old content but I keep getting drawn to it, It’s just chilled WOW content.
I think it’s just the memories of the past that draws me to it.

What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I like them both but mostly play retail because it’s new content :slightly_smiling_face:

whats a non respectful item level in your book? and Why?

Umm; Cataclysm ran from 2010 -2012… n/m

That’s what she said

I think you are just another jester who just try to fan the flames of the dying Classic vs Retail discussion
We already had two similar thread today
So yeah… if you sniping for cheap drama and wants argumant, great, you porbably achive that

4 Likes

Good question, for a nub casual like me item lvl 206 I think is a respectful level, I was told anything below 210 was below average.

Totally realistic outlook on the player base as a whole… Mis-read, again.

Hey being casual is absolutely normal, in fact it was a casual playerbase who helped to grow this game into a legend.

( And a pityful band of elitist jerks plus overly biased writers to make 2004 version more popular than retail )

3 Likes

I fully agree, I’m a casual solo player who has heavy work and family commitments and I’ve said this before that casuals are a big part of the game, 70% of the player base is casual but these days, I’m not very good at the game, so nub was aimed at me.

5 Likes

I’m Eighjan’s in-game main; AiL 201 with only ONE Keystone run is what I would say is ‘about average’ for a casual.

1 Like

For a Raider… maybe.

1 Like

Why is a Vulpera that always quote stuff allowed to post on the forums? Why is a Vulpera allowed to share its opinions? :thinking:

Exactly this.

Just play whatever you want. If retail doesn’t suit you but Classic does? Great. Go play Classic and enjoy yourself.

I also play video games purely for my own enjoyment and I dont require a :+1: / :-1: from some random internet Joe if the game is good or bad.

1 Like

Is it bad that I originally read this as “Tom Completely Tom”?

I think people should play the game or all the games they enjoy.

I like Retail. I don’t like Classic.

There is nothing wrong with preferring one over the other or playing both. It’s all World of Warcraft after all.

5 Likes

I’m glad both exist. Classic got to scratch the itch I was missing from retail and now retail is scratching the itch I was missing from classic while I wait for TBC.

2 Likes

play whatever you enjoy man, i dabble between the two but mainly playing retail while i wait to make my draenei paladin in classic tbc

1 Like

Shush!..or I get the peppercorn sauce ready.
:plate_with_cutlery:

1 Like

Simple question: What is stopping you from playing both, one less, one more, or both just equally as much?

If Time is your issue, I dont think Classic would be the best choice for that. Its extremely time consuming in comparance to Shadowlands, where you can just log in and instantly do something.

For a very slow, casually taking it player I dont doubt that leveling takes the couple weeks/months.

1 Like