Tourney Thoughts

Highest Dampening achieved ever.
Class stacking rdruid boomie.
If you see the thought behind this comp is to just do max damage while not getting spam cced.
Necro trinkets are the win condition for most teams.
0 set ups
Land beautiful cc on enemy healerbut watch warlock and boomie hp not drop.
0 excitement in the games, PvE fest
Rdruid + caster meta, wtf is this
Make melee caster good again instead of this mongo PvE best gear best comp wins fest. Its digusting.
If blizzard dont change anything after watching this tourney you will know they are rather completely clueless or just dont care about pvp.
It is nothing but damp + 3 spam trinkets where you hope it kills someone, wait 2 more minutes try again.
Really sad to see
Can i get peoples thoughts on the state of pvp, need to get a discussion / rally going

15 Likes

I thought that it would be impossible to create worse pvp balance than s1 bfa, but Blizzard never ceases to amaze.

11 Likes

Yes, it’s awful, casters are too tanky, rdruid too op.
I expect heavy nerfs on druid after the tourney and on some casters though.

4 Likes

There is a reason i cba watching these tourneys anymore.

2 Likes

I watched the NA one.

I liked the first arcane mage game, but then was too boring to watch.

1 Like

RMD mirror was alright

2 Likes

its funny that they recently “adjusted” resto druids. like always, weeeeeell done blizzard.

i didnt watch the tourney and im not sad i missed it either, what a clown show it was from watching a few minutes of the replay. The game looks so sluggish and clunky.

huh? what do you mean :d

As usual the dampening games were a snore fests.

tourney thoughts

druid druid druid druid druid drui druid ruid rdurifduiduriduridurdirirudi

4 Likes

Highest dampening achived? If my memory serves me well, i do think, at an earlier tournament, they got to 81% damp in 1 game. This with the tankingtrinket from s1 bfa

Yeah, you’ve missed nothing. Especially some of the games were a total disaster that dragged on and on.
2 teams of rdru + 2 casters - a pve fest that goes to deep dampen.
Twitch chat was more interesting than that
imagine

I once had discussion about why people watch PvE (M+ invitational) and not so much PvP. A friend pointed how people can actually see the boss’ HP go down and know that he will soon go down. In PvP I can see some spell effects, I can see people in crowd control and using some cooldowns but nothing happens.
It would be awesome to see the healer’s mana actually go down like a boss’ HP or if players don’t get topped of in an instant heal. I’ve seen so many times players go 20% HP only to be 100% again in a few seconds. Well dampning is taking care of that second problem but still.
TL & DR :

1. Make the healer’s mana bar move when they heal
  2. Make the games start with higher dampning
2 Likes

You’re right would be so more fun to see melee claves pveing each other.
The most fun part was when rmd gone into deep dampening while ppl like crĂłws tells us that they are squishy. Guess the baise is real.

I guess you can’t make a difference between a melee trying to fight f2f another melee and switch to the healer or another target and back and a stationary “turret” that doesn’t even move most of the time, just 123, 123 + occasional tab

And yes, melee meta is more interesting and dynamic than that abomination we watched yesterday with the 2 caster teams, at least to most people, according to the reactions of the watchers.

It was super boring, I couldn’t watch

If they started every game with 30% dampening or so, it would be much more interesting. The amount of healing and cc / disruption is insane. If you balance that out, you will get much better game.

As you saw, before 30% dampening, you cant even play the game
 They could just afk

1 Like

Why cant we have a balance between the two? Turbo is mongo boring just like 70% dampening wizard game.

2 Likes

Oh, I think there’s no arguing about that, we all want balance. It looks though, blizzard are incapable or unwilling to do it, so we are stuck with either one or the other. And if we have to choose one, it seems more people dislike the caster and/or the rdruid meta most.
It’s like choosing the lesser of two evils.

Beside shorter games, and not having to look to so long this garbage, what is more enjoyable in a melee meta?
Maybe for you is more enjoyable the melee meta, personally I still vote fore melee/caster/X.
Also I’m the one who can’t tell the difference between 2 melees mongoing each other and a switch to the healer while youre the one sitting on 1750 as a warrior. Feels bad man👏

Wow, bringing rating up, when yours is even worse, you couldn’t even reach rival in S1.
And though I usually don’t judge people’s opinions by their rating because that’s quite misleading, by your thoughts and the way you think and resort to rating bashing instead of rational thoughts - yes, it seems you can’t make a difference between pretty obvious things. I put this down to your inability to have a logical process going on in that head of yours though, not to your rating, stay calm.

1 Like