Tourney Thoughts

Didn’t watch the whole Turney but what I’ve seen is the whole meta is about healer mana now. Good way to make even less people play a healer

Where are my spells then ? I feel worse than Legion ? That this is even possible !?

1 Like

It’s clear as crystal to whoever saw the tourney.
If there are not 3 druids on each game it’s a surprise!
Games were won / lost when healer was oom, during dampening! It’s IMPOSSIBLE to kill someone even if you CC healer forever…how is this reasonable? Healer out of CC for 1 second, you are saved!

Imagine how interesting it was for viewers to see the plan of DH training healer to make him oom and not let him drink the whole game. So you have to wait for X minutes for the game to start and then why watch? I was watching sc2 or other streams until like 10+ mins of game because before the 10m it DIDNT EVEN MATTER

Really what is the point of playing outside dampening if no one dies before high damp?

1 Like

Were any hpalys or priests participating at tourney? I have seen a couple of games and i have only seen monks, druids, shamans as healers.

Here’s my feedback.

1. Looks like casters (desk) were told not to make jokes. I remember last year there ware many times when desk was literally dying and so was I, in front of the screen. They seemed like a group of pals, enjoying what they do and don’t have to hold back. Right now, on the contrary, it seems they’re nervous and hold each other back, especially when one of them tries to go off the script and the casting seems way less natural and forced, compared to previous editions, with fake political correctness. Definitely less enjoyable experience.

2. Changes to healers:

• while I support taxing healers mana more, it should not be at the cost of utility or dmging spells, as it turns them into healing PvE bots, and makes things even more boring
  • if anything, healers should be rewarded for high risk plays, such as setting up cc, or contributing to the dmg with a risk of getting interrupted ( and by no means I mean former way of the crane which was low risk, high reward)
  1. It looks like everyone has to be proficient on at least a few classes, except for resto shamans. If Cdew and Absterge cannot be S-Tier for a month the change will come immediately. I have serious objections about having Blizzcon champions and finalists being able to play only one healer, while everyone else has to multiclass, or they cannot compete. This has prevailed for pretty much 2 years, with 2-3 months of flavour of the week / month healer, but hardly while tournament season was on.

2. In the last tournament we’ve seen 1 Hpally and 0(?) priests. Previous one we’ve seen 2 Hpallies and 2 priests (Hpallies with v. limited success and priests utterly destroyed). Maybe it’s time to look at these classes?

1 Like

don’t forget 0 Demonology dude , we also need something :<

Not really news that if people that wants to compete in tournament needs to be good on rdruid and rshaman and is by that set. Being good at other healers are not needed, and when it comes to priests it’s mostly just a waste of time.

I kinda agree, but also hate previous experiences (like in Legion) where a single interrupt could have been enough to kill someone 100->0.

Also CC is kinda limited to ranges (except for Rogue maybe), so in order to fix cc machines if CC becomes the mainpart to kill someone, they would actually need to reduce the damage of those classes/specs. But that wouldn’t fit with PvE… which is the main reason why RMX always shines!

That’s why I liked MoP and WoD (only last season) so much. They weren’t perfectly balanced (LockShamanDruid (the abbreviation for the comp is not allowed :grin:) in MoP last season / RMD+Turbo in WoD last season) but still fun to play, since skill mattered or at least equaled comp disadvantage if you were the better players. Also most classes felt powerful, there were only other classes which were more powerful. That matters a lot: If your class/comp feels powerful (even if it is actually onle average) you have a lot more fun to play!

Only problem were the ton of botters - which is the only good thing right now. Maybe I’m wrong, but feels like we have a lot less botters. Sure, since there are only 3 button classes left and most comps are pretty scripted as well, they don’t need bots anymore - but feels like Blizz has done something so there aren’t as much as we had in the past.

I think that paladins are more reliant on their heavy CDs, sac / bop / bubble
Given the fact that games last that long, the above CDs are expended and paladin looses his usefulness

I disagree, tune pvp via pvp talents and even add one more.
Pvp talents seem much better implementation than azerite traits in so many levels…

Hmm?

That would actually mean they have to put every cc ability into pvp talents and also implement something like “If you pick this talent, you do 25% less damage”.

Is that really what you were thinking about? If not, please explain me your solution with my text you quoted. :wink:

I agree , skill should mattered .

It’s so disgusting to loose vs people that have no clue on what they are doing , got faked at 20 kicks in a row but still win because they are doing 15k dps , or playing broken/stupid spec .

Like Destro? :wink:

1 Like

In 3 talents it might be a bit hard, but there should be an ability that defines the class as a pvp talent. For example mistweavers have their best heal as a pvp talent. Rdruids also have nourish, holy priests have greater heal, DKs have necrotic and so on, elementals have lasso…

Of course, this results in a diversity of pvp and pve, but how else can you balance 2 things that can’t be balanced?

…removed !

I’m really glad Demo is not Fotm. Its so cancer to play against this zoo.

I liked the WoD Demo way more. Today from my point of view its just a zoo zerg that is not fun to play against.

I dont mind buffing Demo if the gameplay gets healthier for both sides.

1 Like

I don’t want Demonology to be Fotm but atleast more tankier than actually and it’s not like a Bm Hunter . Idk if you play Demonology but you have 2build actually.

I know of the 2 builds. But only from the receiving side tbh. One is the zoo with the 4 fellhounds i absolutely despise.

The whole game gets so confusing and that you can’t kill some totems because you can only target the god damn zoo.

I dont think that its a healthy play style. My concern is not even OP or not OP. Its just not fun to face even if you know you are 100% the better specc and probably will win because of it.

What Demo needs is to revert back to previous expansions. This “demon army” fantasy just doesn’t work I don’t like depending on NPC’ to kill someone i cant even punish people for stacking behind pillar and im getting sick of getting constantly kicked on everything including shadowbolt

Nameplate cleave.

Saw it in twitch chat.

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s fine like that (every demonology know the problem with this spec), but let’s be honest .
Blizzard will never revert anything , so it’s the reason why i’m asking something to be more performant atm.