Transfering data to a new PC

Hey! So I have just recently ordered a brand new PC which should hopefully be arriving in the next couple of days. However as it is a new PC I will be starting fresh when it comes to installs and what not.

I have an external harddrive that I am using to transfer all my data from my current PC to the new one, but I have some questions when it comes to transferring my World of Warcraft data.

I’m looking to make the process as seamless as possible, I know that I will need to reinstall World of Warcraft from scratch onto the new PC, I already know that, but I would love to be able to keep my User Interface, Addon setups, keybinds and all the rest of the stuff.

In as simple terms as possible, could I get some advice on what files, folders, and whatnots I will need in order to achieve this. I especially don’t want to lose my Weakauras as I make them all from scratch myself and that is potentially days of having to re-do everything.

Thankyou in advance!

Just copy your WoW folder or any other game folders to the external hdd then copy them over to the new pc should work fine for all your games no need to download or reinstall them although if you have any EA origin games they can be a bit of a faff to get working sometimes but if you get stuck just google it or look up how to do it on youtube :slight_smile:

Hello Sanroja :slight_smile:

What Allnon mentioned is indeed true for WoW and our games in general, you can simply copy the game folder as a whole on your external drive and then put it back on your new system ^^

After that is done open up the Battle.net app, click on the Blizzard logo and go to SettingsGame Install/Update. In there you should see a button “Scan for Games”, click it and the app should be able to automatically locate the game :wink:

Copying the whole folder should also keep unchanged all the interface modifications you have installed.

Thank you to both of you! When I said I wanted it to be seamless, I didn’t quite expect it to be that easy. ^^;

I’m happy with this answer if you wanted to go ahead and close this thread. :slight_smile: