Transmogrification restrictions & discrimination

I think it’s time that Blizzard seriously considers revamping some aspects of this, some of the changes I would like to see that are all related to each other:

1. Allow for 2-handed staves to be transmogged into 1-handed weapons for classes that do do not use them in combat roles. We know there is no technical reasoning for why this can’t be done, as Artifact weapons already have this ability at the moment.

2. Allow for daggers to be transmogged into other weapon types and the opposite for classes (casters) that do not use them in combat roles. For rogues it makes sense why this restriction is in place, but it doesn’t make sense for casters for which the weapon type is strictly cosmetic with no combat animations.

3. Druid/Mage/Warlock/Shaman restrictions when it comes to being unable to wield 1-handed maces/daggers/swords (depending on the class in question) are extremely outdated. It didn’t make sense even when it was introduced in the original game and it makes even less sense now with transmogrification in the game. Yes there is some traditional aspect to 1-handed maces for casters generally being healer oriented, but all of this is already broken by melee/caster distinction of 1-handed weapons having no restrictions. I am wearing Thunderfury on my mage for example.

All of these things combined makes it very restrictive to what kind of weapon transmogs you can do as a caster (except Druid in regards to two-handed weapons) since you are always limited to the exact type of weapon you are wearing, melee classes have no such restrictions.

Don’t forget things like hunters not being able to use enchant illusions on their ranged weapons anymore (they used to be able to, a long time ago), and how basically most (if not all?) fist weapons are taken out of nowhere when you start hitting something when you’ve got weapons xmogged into fist weapons or without mog and wearing fist weapons.

There’s also off-hand “stats sticks” for casters that aren’t shown without unsheathing it or by hitting something in melee, although they’ve made a lot of the new off-hand “stats sticks” into being shown when sheathed. But the vast majority of off-hand “stats sticks” for casters are still invisible when sheathed, overall in the game.

And of course, my personal favorite:
Artifact weapon transmogs still don’t show enchant illusions. In Legion you could argue it was to make them seem more special in the eyes of players, since they stood out like that, unless you transmogged over them with something else that can show enchant illusions, since artifact weapons were used by everyone in Legion when it was current content.

But now, the transmog appearances still can’t show the enchant illusions. It’s not even current content anymore, so there’s no reason to keep that restriction any longer. It’s not like we’re running around hearing references to the artifact weapons in Shadowlands lore, for example. They’re just simply part of appearance collections now, and there’s absolutely no reason why Blizzard shouldn’t let those appearances show enchant illusions.

Just wanted to add those points as well, since they’re kinda related.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.