Trident/void stone REQUIRED to be viable

Funny how you have watched a highlight video of him and you think you know how the meta is :sweat_smile:

I understand it is hard to admit you’re wrong. Though u sort of admitted there it’s a git gud problem.

I didn’t, but okay. PvE trinkets help, I never said otherwise.

I’m wrong and I can get higher cr than you ever get with fresh char. You have no clue what you’re talking about but you stick to what you’ve seen on youtube. It reminds me a scene from a comedy:

-“I know how it is in USA”
-“Have you been to USA?”
-“No, but I know someone who has and told me this” xD

Dude stop plunging yourself in these non senses.

Yes you’re wrong. It doesn’t remove the fact that I’m worse at playing this game than you. Nor is that relevant.

If you insist on having Xaruy as your key argument, be aware that he uses BoD tank trinket. He doesn’t use trident because Mages can’t wield it, and he doesn’t use Void Stone because in the comps he plays the tank trinket he has ends up absorbing more damage than a 2-min CD Void Stone (since he’s the kill target almost all the time, he only needs absorb on himself) aaaand whenever he plays with a healer who’s a top streamer or something like this that guy has Void Stone to add even more PvE protection to the tank trinket.

If you had listened to his stream or videos once in your life instead of just watching a random fire mage one shot that represents 1 min out of 18h of his playtime you would know that.

I rest my case.

You should rest your case if you’re not able to read basic words and understand their meaning.

The issues these PvE trinkets bring as very much present. That was the point of the thread. I’m not sure what you’re on about here.

2 Likes

Yes those trinkets are not required to climb as I’ve said.

They are required if you are a healer (you lose if you don’t have Void Stone and queue into someone who has it and has about your skill). They are required if you are a feral (ferals need tank items to simoly be playable without being crushed). They are required if you’re playing an arms warrior, same deal, lack of defensives, you need the PvE to make up for it. And last they are required for any class that can use them without losing something big as long as you queue into people who have them, otherwise you will lose the game unless you outskill them by far.

When these items were first released (before the soft nerf to the gloves which didn’t really help) there was a R1 DK on stre who had trident, gloves, and tank trinket. Over a whole 3vs3 game that dragged into dampening at 2.6 he had 12k hps. As a dps.

Can you provide any proof?

With your game knowledge you wouldn’t climb even with them.

By denying is you are making yourself a clown.

You base on random US Fire Mage. I’ll ruin your dream but there are plenty of better mages than him in EU and probably few in US.

You can’t play Warrior or Feral unless you have opulence trinket and Trident…

Without them you can sit at 1600 like you…

Yes I’m aware I wouldn’t climb even if I had full set of items from the next expansion 100 ilvls higher. And there being better mages than him is most likely very true aswell. Doesn’t have anything to do with my point though.

Your point is wrong. Just because few specs: Mages, Ele, Boomy don’t need items to climb doesn’t mean that healers or meeles don’t use them.

If you read my last post you’ll understand that you can look for that on google. Feel free to spend a bit of time watching better players, R1 ones, playing, look at their items, listen to what they say about items when an item decides the game. The best solution would be to play yourself but as I understand it you cannot reach that level to actually live what we’re talking about.

I’m sure you can find info about that, it caused quite the reaction. And you’ll understand that when a dps in the enemy team has 12k hps when being the class with the most interrupts + necro strike, you lose because you can’t kill anything and you aren’t as durable.

Yes that indeed sounds more like a class design problem than itemization problem.

Do you know why Cloth players don’t use items from CoS? Because they are disabled in arenas while Trident and other armor type items don’t…

He’d need to play arenas to know what happens inside.

Class design is other thing and I agree that it’s a problem but not as huge as this PvE clown fiesta.

Lose by default because warriors are paper > Farm pve gear to finally ALMOST be on par with warlocks soul leech. > Get spat on every game and hear multi r1s complain about your gear, " r*tard warrior 0iq full pve absorb only won cuz of gear" … idk I like this meta its super enjoyable.