Trident/void stone REQUIRED to be viable

I feel your pain mate. I have few friends who play warrior. Trident is a bit bitter for them because one hand it’s broken crap but on the other is the only thing that makes Warrior viable.

anyone saying you dont need void stone as a healer to push high rating has some mental problems

It’s a terror balance. Either everyone needs to have them or nobody should have them. Added bonus to this pve fiesta is that every class can’t even get their hands on broken items.

As soon as you come across opponents of your own skill level those items will become the deciding factor. There’s no way around that. If you “outskill” them they are most likely not on your level.

But even with the pve gear removed there’s still the problem with bad class design with far too many defensive cd’s on low cd and far too much self healing.
It’s a combined problem. Bad design combined with pve gear.

Agree OP, im already out though. I couldnt stand the game anymore as necklace + azerite amor bonuses was available in rated pvp. I saw ziqo having like 20 different azerite pieces in his bag in 8.1, like screw that.

I cant imagine what the game looks like when you have additional items on top of thay from pve (and more stupid procc stuff comming in 8.2).

Please blizz just realize that we want fair arena matches and disable all of this pve CLUTTER thats destroying it.

Same here litereally f@#$ this game

1 Like

All that has to be done its so damn simple…

• Disable from items obtained in PVE their on proc and on use effects in pvp.
  • Make the necklace the same “template / level” for everyone in pvp. “alt friendly”

In pvp means = when entering pvp combat "arena, bg, rbg, duels & world pvp"

GG game fixed ez clap !!!

Its not hard to understand but do you see it also Blizzard ?

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

But take trinkets as an example. Almost all PvE trinkets have a proc or on-use effect.

If those trinkets are effectively disabled from PvP, then how is anyone supposed to acquire 2 trinkets to use in PvP to begin with? :thinking:

It is not so easy to just go out and farm 2 trinkets that don’t have a proc or on-use effect, just so you can play PvP without being crippled.

Play with inactive trinkets. I’m able to get +1500 cr with less than 300 ilvl. You get first trinket after 40 wins which you can aquire within 2 days - no problem.

That presumes you play Rated Arenas – and that you’re capable of winning despite wearing 2 inactive trinkets (on top of what else you might have that’s inactive).

To use myself as an example, I play mostly Random Battlegrounds and Skirmishes.
I don’t really see a short path to 2 new trinkets that I can use for PvP.

I get that it seems like an easy fix, but it’s not an elegant solution.

“Hi, welcome to Arena! First time here? Okay, here’s what you need to know: Your trinkets don’t work anymore and you’ll need to win 40 games to get two new ones so you’re not at a severe disadvantage. Good luck with Arena, have fun!”

To answer on your Q how to acquire 2 trinkets for pvp to begin with is simply to do pvp lets say bgs “'for blue item as it was in the past” and lets say do arena and acquire the trinket “purple” via the loot table or via cp vendor or via conquest cap rng or out of the weekly pvp chest.

Aint hard to fix this… Blizzard is just in denial to implent this in retail while in the AWC Spring Cup all PVE on use or on procs effects where disabled in those arenas “i wonder why…

It’s because the AWC is a closed, isolated and temporary environment which only exists for the purpose of the Arena tournament.

It doesn’t really translate smoothly to the Live servers where the “fix” opens up a can of worms for the general game design.

But the point is that you don’t have anything to start out with.

The consequence of disabling PvE procs and on-use effects from trinkets is that everyone’s starting experience in PvP will involve not having functional trinkets – because PvE trinkets is what you have by default until you’ve earned anything else. And they all have procs or on-use effects.

It kind of feels silly that you have to play dozens upon dozens of PvP games just to get 2 functional trinkets for PvP, so you can do PvP without being severely handicapped.

just return the pvp trinket set bonus from wod so its actually worth using 2 pvp trinkets over pve trinkets at the very least defensively. it worked out great for everyone.

1 Like

Its answered if u can read better… I gues u always try to make a point even if its already answered or if its invalid.

Q: Do u have to do dungeons for gear in order to go Raids et ? A: YES

Q: Do u have to do bgs et in order to get gear for pvp ? A: YES

If this system was working flawlesly then there should be NO issue in order to gear or to get for example a “blue of the same type trinket” instead this ofcourse trough bgs…

There u go…

It’s difficult to imagine that a stat bonus or anything like that will outweigh the value of what’s effectively an extra defensive cooldown (Void Stone). And putting a set bonus on PvP trinkets doesn’t take anything away from the value of the Trident of the Deep Ocean for example, which is a polearm and not a trinket – i.e. the perceived problem isn’t specific to trinkets alone.

But there is.
The game design as of today works from the presumption that a player’s first step into PvP will be wearing PvE gear, because that’s what everyone has by default after leveling. PvP gear is something you earn afterward.

To answer with my last reaction to you on this stated above.

Yes, you start with pve gear while u leveled your way till max level.
What then ? then you can decide pvp or pve whatever you would like.

What if the gear as stated above was earned trough pvp if u pvp without being forced as it is now in BFA to do PVE content ?

What if the items from PVE where not higher in ilvl neither easier to obtain neither active in pvp ? “talking about the on proc or use effects tbh”

What if this also counts for pvp gear that trinkets for example are not active in pve ?

Its a mess how it is atm the separated content what it always was before “pvp / pve” is gone.

We pvp-ers are forced to do PVE content like raids / mythics + in order to be competive in pvp. “otherwise we get smashed till pieces in a few seconds”

Why we got to do Raids and Mythic + in order to get gear to do pvp ??
Why are trinkets from pve active in pvp ?
Why are on use effects and on proc effects from pve items active in pvp ?
Why are pvp trinkets active in pve ?

As stated above and before as I do again now i want this to be separated content.

That its in both ways possible to get gear for the chosen content.
That’s its fair in both ways content wise whatever you have decided to play.

That isn’t the case atm because we as pvp-ers are “Forced” to do pve because trinkets like Diamond-Laced Refracting Prism, Void Stone & Trident et and all other on use or on proc effect items are PVE items and active in pvp !!!

Do u get it ? or are u really that stupid for how u come over all the time u write something down on these forums @jito ? iam wondering… are u a troll or dumb ?

gl

yeah I realise it won’t fix the pve weapon problem, I was aiming my comment at trinkets. If memory serves you got a 15% dmg reduction set bonus from using 2 pvp trinkets which made it far more beneficial than any pve trinket, and I do believe it would even now unless you are 100% certain you will never be the target in the arena

I completely understand your dissatisfaction. All I’m saying is that the particular suggestion you had isn’t without complications. And therefore Blizzard will not consider it.

Smarter people than me will know whether a passive damage reduction is better than a Void Stone. But if it is, doesn’t it drive the meta-game toward more dampening, because you’re effectively giving everyone +15% damage reduction (even classes who can’t use Void Stones today)?

What complications ?

Blizzard can easy clap fix this crap what THEY caused…

They had a good system before… and the system is how it is now “wich i can kinda live with” but still i want to mention how hard it is to “increase drop change for items in bgs by a small %” and how hard it is to “disable all on proc and on use effects in pvp this counts for PVE items” ?

And on top of that how hard is it to make it more “fair” to also “disable all on proc and on use effects in pve this counts for PVP items” ?

Tell me @jito how hard can this be ?

I bet this takes max 1 hour to do this with a couple code implanted for the items / rules…

Idk rly, no words for this

grtz

I thought I outlined those in my initial post(s). :yum:

I’ll see if I can illustrate it in another way.

Problem: PvPers are forced to get PvE trinkets, otherwise they are handicapped in PvP.

Solution: Disable procs and on-use effects on PvE trinkets, so PvP trinkets are the best for PvP.

Side-effect: PvEers are forced to get PvP trinkets for PvP, otherwise they are handicapped in PvP.

Conclusion: The problem hasn’t been solved, it has simply been passed over from PvPers to PvEers.

Blizzard will not consider that, because whilst it may please some, then it will also upset others. Status quo ultimately doesn’t change, hence the solution isn’t warranted.

So basicly what u want to say is that PVE-ers who want to do pvp are forced to do effort for the content they choose for and they shouldn’t be forced to but instead right directly being able to step into the arena with PVE trinkets on… ?

So they don’t have to do bgs or skirmish arena or whatever to fill up the gear for pvp wich is acquired within this content in this way. “if the system was working flawlessly, wich isn’t the case atm”

So basicly what u trying to say is that for pvp their should be no goal “grinding gear” via this content but only via the pve path…

Again as stated before… i link u again my quote because u seem to be in denial and approve what Blizzard decided.

There u go again read it… Do some bgs et for it… “if the system was good” what i mentioned and all i wrote there should be no problem or what u call “complications” for this.

But Jito always knows better, why blizzard for example in this case don’t wanna change its path / direction because of so called “complications” lol…

grtz