Trident/void stone REQUIRED to be viable

In the exact state the game is in right now, I believe games would overall last a bit longer since classes don’t do very much damage in relation to health pools right now, however I think it would be more fun (or less shít?) because you wouldn’t be able to set up a good kill opportunity and then have it denied by a bunch of tank trinkets, wards, and void stones out of the blue.

So overall you would take less damage, but you would never survive and recover seemingly impossible situations like now. If people did a bit more damage though I think the set bonus approach like in WoD would work without too many complications.

Yes, that is the game’s current item design. Gear is meant to be universal and function the same regardless of the game activity you do. Blizzard seem willing to bend that rule slightly by nerfing some items in PvP, but I don’t think they will consider outright disabling the functionality of a whole item slot. That conflicts too much with the game’s general item design.

I should just make it clear that this isn’t necessarily what I like, prefer, or want. It’s just the principle for Blizzard’s item design in BfA, how they seem to approach it, and why they may not consider the proposed suggestion.

Then tell me why we PVP-ers are “FORCED” to do pve content ? “Raids, M+ et”

Explain me… you’re toughts behind this…

Why should a pve-er who does m+ et having a huge advantage over a pvp-er being able to join arena with BIS gear and BIS trinkets what could decide a arena match by far “simply because these trinkets , proc or on use effects are to strong in pvp” just join arena without to do any “pvp content” for example bgs beforehand or something pvp related and “just join” and smash peoples head with the BIS items they got while being competive in pvp ?

And why we pvp-ers who just only like to do pvp content “bgs, arena and world pvp” are forced to do your content first beforehand in order to be competive in pvp ? “i wonder…:thinking:

So you as a (pve-er) don’t have to do bgs for pvp gear…
And i as a (pvp-er) gotta do dungeons M+ for BIS “pvp” gear ? makes sense and seems fair to me… :rofl:

And as for BIS “pvp” gear i mainly talking about the “on use or proc effects on pve items such as the trinket Void Stone or all other effects wich are on gear…

grtz

Because Blizzard are not infallible.

The intended design was that PvE gear would be best for PvE, and PvP gear would be best for PvP.

The former half of that sentence is successful, the latter is not.

Let’s look at why.

Blizzard designed some Azerite Traits specifically for PvP that would be obtained through PvP. These were meant to be the best for PvP. But it turned out they were not. Blizzard made some balance changes to Azerite Traits in PvP to alleviate the problem, but alas, it has persisted.

The PvP trinkets were supposed to be the best for PvP, but again it turned out that they weren’t. Blizzard tried to alleviate the problem by introducing new and more powerful PvP trinkets to the game, but alas, the problem persists.

And now that Blizzard are introducing more unique item designs for PvE, the problem seems to spill over to even more slots – weapon, pants, gloves, boots, etc…

Alas, Blizzard have simply failed to accomplish the design they aimed for. That is why PvPers feel forced to do PvE.

The underlying problem is that PvEers request more interesting, unique and powerful items from Blizzard – and Blizzard gives it to them.
On the other hand, then the PvP community requests more simplistic, common, and less impactful items from Blizzard – and Blizzard gives it to them.
That naturally results in PvE gear being superior to PvP gear, and when Blizzard then tries to balance the scales by introducing more powerful PvP gear (Maledict & Safeguard), then PvPers complain, because that’s not what they want.
And there’s no easy fix for that.

Not easy to fix ?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

stop plz… STOP IT NOW !!!

Solution of the problem here described again below…

• Disable on proc and on use effects for pve items in pvp content.
  • Disable on proc and on use effects for pvp items in pve content.
  • Increase small % number on the drop chance for gear in bgs. “fair percentage”
  • “Blue version” of the Maledict and the Safeguard trinkets obtainable trough bg.

PROBLEM SOLVED BROTHER AND VERY EASY TO FIX

It seems a waste of time to consta sayin the same… u can read or am i dumb here ?

gl

And it seems an equal waste of time for me to say that it isn’t going to happen, when clearly it isn’t and it hasn’t.

Has it happened yet? No.
Will it happen tomorrow? No.
Is there any sign on the PTR that it will happen with patch 8.2? No.

So it doesn’t matter if you say it’s an easy fix – for Blizzard it seemingly is not. And that’s the conclusion that matters, because it’s them – not you – who is in charge of making these fixes.

A problem has never been solved by someone writing PROBLEM SOLVED on the forum.

That’s true and Jito u know what…

If i had a company i would defo hire someone like u “because its always good to see the point of view from the other side / opinion and trying to argu it to make solutions and the “right” decisions for the actual problems in the most balanced way”

Now we come to the conclusion that the problem lies within their “Blizzard and their developers” failures.

Wich is a fact and i said this already thousand of times as well what the solutions could be.

That it is not possible trough a forum to get into their minds…

Then i may ask why they maded these forums for then ? “Can we not adres the issues ?”
Then i may ask why they maded things like “submit bugg” or “submit suggestion” for ? “Are they even look at these things ?”

Because they simply don’t care to fix it now… even tho they know its a fact that the current state of the game “especialy for pvp-ers” is a fiasco and simple to fix.

That is outlined in the Code of Conduct:

Welcome to the Battle.net Discussion Forums! These forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspects of Battle.net games with other players.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en-gb/code-of-conduct/

I would wager that they do look at them, take them into account, and defer to them with developing the game. But still, a suggestion is not an order or a command – it is an idea presented for consideration.

If there where thousands of complains about the same issue and you would run a company wouldn’t u take these in account / consideration to take a look @ these and trying your best to make solutions for these complains ?

Even if this is trough lets say forum posts et…

I would at least… :sunglasses:

And Blizzard is failing at this by far and they could at least listen to a bit feedback from us “pvp-ers” to address these issues.

I would.

And like I wrote above, then Blizzard have also tried to fix this issue. They nerfed PvE gear and introduced powerful PvP trinkets. But alas, the problem persists.

So they have tried and they have failed – but they have tried.

The bottom line is of course that the problem repeats itself with every new raid, because that means new powerful PvE items with no corresponding items in PvP. And when PvPers don’t want powerful PvP items from PvP, then it’s difficult to address the problem at its core. There’s simply a dysfunction between PvE and PvP items as it is.

Solution there u go… again posted above and blizzard should only have to do these things… aint hard and best solution by far with the crap we got atm.

But it’s worthless if it doesn’t get implemented.

The goal isn’t to write a suggestion that you think is awesome and perfect for you.

The goal is to write a realistic suggestion that Blizzard will actually implement.

And this aint realistic ?

Its more in my opinion then realistic for a few code and click to add / change.

For the most less effort to be put in and so in return its the best solution by far for what we got atm.

grtz gn ill go sleep :slight_smile:

No, I would wager that it isn’t.

But yeah, nn!

With these suggested “best solutions” the effort and time spend from Blizzard is minimal to adress the issue in its whole and i think its the best they can do meanwhile to keep in mind to “take” it for what it is… “i think with this it would be at least better then what we got atm

Thanks for conversation !

Sleep well >3

Imagine there would be this currency that could be earned from pvp, and you could then take this currency to a npc that is willing to exchange items to you for this currency!

But… nah… I guess it wouldn’t work. We wouldn’t even be able to find that npc!

1 Like

Sad truth:
WoW was always more about meta shift than skills, and this tired me over the seasons and detered me from game.

I offten ask myself how is possible that in 15 years blizzard cannot balance PvP in WoW, answer is they can but they wont… let me explain

1. Once I lisened interview with one indian guy from Blizz, he was speaking how they purposly creating OP classes because people love to be OP, and how its good for game, I almost broke my monitor how I get upset after this stupidity…I always whished to ask him whats about people who suffer from those OP classes?

2. They earnining money with meta shifting… not long ago desto warlocks was very strong right? People saw how they destroyed alot of good guys in torurnament. Guess what? Tons of people and their moms, grandmas and cousins buyed boost for their warlock. Profit to blizzard (after they sold enough level boost they nerf them)… However this entire concept bringed torunament to the shame in eyes of world.

3. Of all games I ever played, Meta shift is most noticable in WoW. Let me gief you example: You can be unicum with Warrior, but if warrior is just not best this season and you will sit at 2100 while semi chimpanze with OP class will reach 2600 ez, so in WoW picking right class is like 60% of the job which is lame and pure reason why WoW woud never ever be serious E-Sport (but it has potential if they stop meta shifting)

4. Evry season new idiotic suprise… after suffering somehting for entire season, most of us wait a new season, just to see rotation of stupidity. You simply cannot have season without something stupid…aways somthing is significantly OP and terorize entire bracket… Fun for them suffer for rest of players.

Blizzard fails to realize that people hate word : meta, OP; in competitive play and in E-Spoort, it need to be around minimum all must be in line.

So basicly all we gotta do to stop this meta shifting is to stop re-rolling or at least don’t buy a leveling boost from Blizzard and might they change there minds…

Because only then there is no profit for them for this part.
Also if we people stop playing the game “for example when as it is now pve BIS OP trinkets, gear and weapons on use and on proc effects are enabled in pvp content.” then they might listen.

I’m very sad for how it is atm because BFA could be such a good expansion if they where better with the scaling between pve and pvp. I mean the design looks stunning for the eye and all these extra mounts I was hyped for et.

But sadly they destroy everything with all these stupid pve crap we get and i am not saying I don’t like pve i am saying that they destroyed in particular the way how pvp plays out. “and iam a pvp-er”

grtz

I don’t agree with what you say. We need meta shifts if you like it or not. Creating one balance and keeping it for whole expansion would be extremely boring and people would quit after some time.

On the other hand Blizzard’s meta shifts are too drastic. For example Shaman and Disc - from top tier into garbage.

Resto Druids - from mediocre to god tier.

It’s hard to play the same spec all the time. I have no interest in rerolling to other spec. I can accept I’m currently weaker but I at least want to be viable to play the content. Playing PvP as disc is possible but it’s painful tryharding.

1 Like

Thats too… meta shift in WoW is like: Evry season they will ascent one class to godhood, and player with chimpanze brain will get very high ratting playing it while other class will be burried below ocean bottom.

I can agree with you that if blizzard not make changes game can get boring, thats truth, but does change really need to ascend some class to godhood and destroying others? There must be other way, and i think blizzard need to learn something from Riot games from Leagauge of legends

Riot games from Legauge of Legends have BEST meta approach, they buffing, nerfing and changing classes on weekly basis, so there is always something new on the board and people not get bored but also people never know what is meta exactly, because changes comes so fast… even if they find something which is meta, things can change tomorrow. Now compare this to WoW, in WoW they overbuff something, and entire season suffer almost full duration until changes come, changes are so slow in WoW and thats why people always find meta and force it… (remember seasons when evrything you met has Priest or Rogue and you play entire day ONLY vs them)… Because slow changes in WoW people will always abuse meta to compensate their lack of skills.
Remember: Medium skilled meta class beats unicum non meta class and thats why WoW will never ever be serious E-Sport.