Triune ward bug

Yo. Sometimes Triune ward apply only 2 barriers ( blazing, prisma). Did anyone have similar problem or it’s only my imagination? :smiley:

It has some known bugs, especially when you cast barrier earlier than expected:

• Blazing soul causes you to gain only Blazing barrier (reduction still works),
  • if you reset Ice Barrier with Cold Snap, you proc only Ice Barrier if you cast it faster than usual cooldown
    So that would indicate that the other two barriers have a 30s cd that cannot be triggered earlier. Maybe this also solves your problem somehow, but I don’t know about it triggering only 2 shields.
1 Like

Ty for response :slight_smile: . Ye i know about these. But iam not using Blazing Soul. Idk if i have this problem during arena, but sometimes before arena, i use Blazing barrier and notice that i have only Blazing and Prismatic barrier. Not always, maybe i’am so stupid and accidentally right clicked on buff ?? :smiley:

If you have your barriers up and then change talents your ice barrier will dissappear. Number of times I had to use my NF ability to refresh ice barrier just before arena start is probably comparable to how many times I tried to mount up in the maw lol

Can confirm I’ve had that bug happen to me as well.

If you read the legendary properly the blazing soul talent is not bugged. (its not a barrier spell) but cold snap into icebarrier is a bug because it is a barrier spell.

Sometimes in arena Triune won’t give me ice barrier and I play fire while I don’t play the auto blazing barrier on blink, so IDK what happens

I think it happens if you use it before the 30 second mark in arena prep countdown

Technically thats why it is bugged. You dont “cast” blazing barrier when you blink because technically you are casting Blink which activates blazing barrier. If that blazing barrier gets reduced to 50% effectiveness then it should also cast all three barriers, but it doesn’t.

The tooltip of the legendary clearly states “casting a barrier spell” activates the 3 barriers at 50% effectiveness. Blink is not a barrier spell. Thus Blazing soul should activate only a blazing barrier at 100% effectiveness.

As it stands the legendary basically gimps a talent for no reason out of bad interaction. No other class has a legendary that negatively interacts with a talent. Funnily enough its still the best talent in that row, which speaks volumes as to how undertuned blast wave and, to a lesser extent, shimmer are.

The bug still persists.

For one - when you cast Blazing Barrier in the preparation room of an arena match, you’ll sometimes not get an Ice Barrier and
For two - if you refresh it during an arena match, you’ll sometimes not get an Ice Barrier, or even worse, you’ll only get a Blazing Barrier (no Ice Barrier, no Prismatic Barrier).
Note: in the latter instance, playing the Triune Ward legendary is an actual detriment to your class, since that Blazing Barrier is applied at 50% effectiveness. Thus leaving you with only half the benefit that you would get otherwise if you unequipped the Triune Ward Legendary altogether.

I could reproduce this bug with both a Night Fae Covenant Mage as well as a Venthyr Covenant Mage (playing shimmer, no Blazing Soul talent). I havent gathered reliable data on how frequently this occurs, however, i can say with high confidence that it happens at least once every other arena match. So much so that I would frequently spot a significant disparity between the healing done of each barrier (with Ice Barrier frequently being at the bottom of healing done) in a post-match analysis in Details! damage meter.

I can also confidently say that the data isn’t skewed by other game mechanics.
Even if the enemy team doesn’t have purges and always consumes all of our barriers before we reapply them, the same phenomenon still occurs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.