Trying to get into +10 mythics

Fairly hilarious these days, for some odd reason, no one wants mages.

:smiley:

1 Like

It works both ways, I was trying to get a +10 on my warrior earlier today but around 90% of them were asking for range dps :frowning:

Are you sure?

For the +10 level, frost mage is the most played ranged spec at the +10 level and 2nd most played dps spec in +10 overall, though assa + outlaw is above.

Same holds true for the all keys bracket.

I doubt no one wants mages, at least the statistics show completely otherwise, so it might just be you?

Thatā€™s why you take charge of the group and create it yourself. Just use tools available to filter people

You sound disingenuous. Mages are one of the most played classes so naturally, weā€™ll see a lot of mage parses. But because frost is so much popular than fire & arcane combined (10:1 ratio), we end up with frost being the 2nd most ā€˜popularā€™ dps spec. It is, however, by no means frost is the 2nd best performing dps spec - far from it in fact. For example, locks have similar number of parses but their top performing spec only outnumbers the other two by 2:1 - so although demo is a better performer than frost, we see less demo at +10 keys.

Yh but according to warcraft logs frost is the 5th best preforming dps spec in m+. Thatā€™s not bad. Also good week for frost this week.

That being said fire is 5th from bottom and arcane dead last. At least thereā€™s the other lock specs in between them.

Not sure why you dont get in as frost mage. I am also frost mage currently 403 ilvl, with around 880 rio score. I have runned atleast two +10 this week on my mage, and I got invited in some of the first I signed up for. I could have runned more, but basicly Im just running a 10 to get max loot in weekly chest. My mage, resto druid 405, holy priest 407 usely gets invite fast to a +10. However my retri pala 399, and my frost dk 404 can wait for like 2 hours each and have a hard time get invited to any +10 key. But retri pala and dos do not brung so much to the table, like a rouge or dh do for duengons. Frost mage brings alot. Sheep, tw, slowā€¦
We are a quite popular clas for m+. Itā€™s just rouge, Dh, and balance druid that is more popular.

This is what I think. Are you atleast around 400 ilvl? You dont get invited to a pug grp for a +10 if you are lower.

Do you got enough experience from m+? Have you done the duengon you que up for before with different affixes? Have you done many+9 in time? Have you ever done a +10 and do you know how to deal with reaping? And rio score also is importent. You dont be invited to a +10 if you only have 350 in score. If You have around 800 or more it should be nps for you to join a 10. But just remember that a lot of pugs want 1 k in score too.

Id say the situation has gotten slightly better with invites.

But raderio is also part of the problem as well. How are people supposed to build up some of these stupidly high raiderio scores when they donā€™t have a good one to begin with and no one wants someone with a low score.

Iā€™ve seen people with over 1k scores act like complete muppets and chain die over and over to easily avoidable mechanics.

Iā€™ve also seen people with low scores do brilliantly with hardly a single death.

And then of course there are the special people that post what their mainā€™s raiderio is, like it actually means something, when demanding people only apply with a high score.

Pugs are 90% toxic unfortunately, you get lots of little kiddies that as soon as there is 1 wipe, insta quit the dungeon, so at this stage, I will not use my personal keys on pugs.

Its not worth the time loss or trying to farm out the lower key every time some tard decides they are too special to finish what they started.

3 options:

1. Work your way up. Do the 6s,7s,8s to improve your score on the dungeons you donā€™t have high scores on. If you log into raider .io you can see your score for each dungeon and see where you can improve.

2. Use your own key and create your own group. Try and pick good scores, good classes for the affixes and/or dungeon and see how high you can get your key.

3. Join a guild, make friends. Ask in guild chat if anyone has a key, ask if anyone wants to do your key. If your in a good guild and you want to do keys youā€™ll soon know the players in your guild who are always happy to share their keys.

I slacked on mythic+ in season 1 and had to work my way up with a bad score in season 2 and did a mixture of all 3. My score now is only just under 900 I think but I have a +13 ml I did with guildies and thatā€™s good enough to get me into my weekly +10s-12s. Bottom line is it takes time and effort.

Frost mage very good mythics.

Thatā€™s fine Minnji if you have regulars you run with.

Not so fine if you donā€™t and have to pug, as I stated pugs are super toxic some nights, other nights not so bad.

Especially if your playing more than one character.

Also I remember reading that raiderio only goes with the top 100 leaderboard, which can unfairly affect your score depending on if your on a low or high pop server.

Iā€™ve pugged a lot and still do. Iā€™ve lost keys to quitters plenty.

I think raider .io used to do top 100 runs per dungeons on each sever or something bu5 that doesnā€™t seem to be the case anymore.

Frost mage is the most represented ranged dps spec in keys 15 or higher :^)
It is very good in m+ dps wise and id say it has better utility than things like spriest/ele/warlock, that being really good defensives/mobility + timewarp and invis and a ranged interrupt on reasonable CD. Together with the insane slows creating good kiting windows for tanks on raging/necrotic.

If you arenā€™t invited that is probably because of your raiderio score or your item lvl, because in keys <15 classes donā€™t really matter and people just get the easy 410+ players that queue up in hordes.

1 Like

I certainly agree with you!, here are no place for magesā€¦ Why to get mage if you can have rogue?, double rogue or triple rogue??? Blizz made gaping differences between classes without hotfixes ā€¦

Playing fire/arcane mage in m+ its the same as trying to succeed in F1 races with delivery carā€¦

Also all best world mages reroll to rogue/dk ā€¦ Why do you think they did it? ā€¦ yes they did it because mage is too poor to get successā€¦

Take ur mythic keystone and make a group of your own. Seriously, stop wasting time and nerve on trying to get to other groups until u get high enough in RIO. Simple.

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve experienced many issues in getting into groups, every now and then no one will want you, but thatā€™s something Iā€™ve experienced on all 4 classes I play at max. Itā€™s not just a mage thing, there will be times when all these groups arenā€™t looking for your specific class/spec/RIO/Ilvl and will thus, turn you down.

As Melvyr points out, just make one of your own, sure it might take you longer and you might have to do more than one run to get +10 chest, but no one can deny you entry since you are in control.

Though if you do want to get into groups youā€™ll probably want to only play Frost, itā€™s a good all round spec for trash and bosses and provides a perma-slow. Fire sucks so very hard for the 90% of the time when Combustion is on CD and Arcane, whilst great for bosses, is kinda meh on a good portion of dungeon trash, unless you burn all your traits on AoE choices.

How many mages are in top 100 World mythic+ runs?

(data from warcraftlogs / all dungeons / season 2)

overall dps players: 300 (all classes)

Arcane Mages: 0
Fire Mages: 0
Frost Mages: 17
Outlaw rogues: 130

1 Like

Itā€™s probably you and not the spec. I havenā€™t had trouble joining +10 pug keys with little to no score on my mage.

1 Like

Your not at that level though. You canā€™t pug at that level anyway. Any class can get in a +10 unless the person running the group thinks he should be in method and you donā€™t wanna run with that guy anyway.

At +10 you pick the player not the class/spec. In the top 300 runs you choose the player who then chooses his/her spec class for the season.

Donā€™t forget how many players the person running the group is likely to be able to choose from. If you have a healer and tank ready the lfg list gets huge. Mage brings int boost, timewarp and aoe slows which makes us a friend to the healer, dps and tank but if the guy above has a +14 on his cv and his io score is better than yoursā€¦ which would you pick?

Actually raider IO is part of the problem. You shouldnā€™t need the equivalent of a CV to get a group invite for a game.

Ill repeat that so some of you get it through your skull ā€œA GAMEā€.

I had a guildy with a great raider IO score, they died every single pull during raids, often 1st.

They also died repeatedly during the few mythic I ran with them before quitting our guild.

Turns out they were paying in game gold to get boosted.

BTW some of you sad people making snarky comments need to check when this thread was first opened. Getting into +10 now isnā€™t as bad as it was, but its still often a long case of looking and then watching the group fall apart due to toxic elitist prats who insta quit if even 1 group member makes a minor mistake.