Tune-Up services

Hi team, completely unrelated to WoW or maybe completely related, depends on your take.

I have a Nitro 5 laptop, powerful little thing for what games I play but recently noticed the Nitrosense stopped working, the app fails to load. I’ve done a lot to try fix it but nothing is working - I will get to the bottom of it myself somehow but it did lead me to wonder if there are any reputable, trustworthy and solid tune-up softwares out there.

I used to use Razer for it’s tweaking and such, it seemed really good but twice after installing that thing I would get weird messages after playing games about a buffer or something and there was a security issue.

I uninstalled it and that problem never happened again. I’m quite a savvy person when it comes to tech in general, I don’t fall for scams and free trials of products who then hound you and such but I would like to optimise my laptop for gaming to prolong it’s life.

Does anyone have any hints or tips on software that cna help me achieve what I’m looking for here? I downloaded an Acer reccomended program which identified my CPU was not optimised but then it prompted me to enter an email address to get a free trial… Uninstalled. Just on the principle that Acer reccomended this to me without notifying me of the fact it is a paid product.

Any help would be most welcome here!

i’ve yet to come across any tune-ups that aren’t a sham.

in most cases if you install one of their trails they’ll tell you “this and this and that” are wrong and we can fix it when it reality it doesn’t do anything other than try to convince you into buying their software.

From my experience in pc service they’re pretty much bloat and spyware, and you’d be better off staying away from them.

I’m not however claiming that there aren’t the odd one out that could have some effect, but i’ve yet to come across it.

I use System Mechanic, pretty much does what you can already do without it… just has the handy all in one tool at the click of a button. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, all of the tweaking programs are useless… Just turn off power saving modes from windows and make sure your CPU has automatic clocking enbaled in BIOS.

There isn’t a magical program that makes your turd of a laptop run games better. Most of them only just configure your game settings anyway and won’t even do a good job at that. Rather just do it yourself.

Not to mention 50% of those kind of programs are either scams or have some sort of malware inside.

1 Like

I had that problem with Nitrosense. It was caused by Windows update. I fixed it by uninstalling it and downloading new one from Acer website.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.