Tunk's Backscratcher doesn't drop... ever!

I am amazed to see a lot of people, who, just like me, are wondering why the staff never drops from Tunk in Darkmaul Citadel on Exile’s Reach. I feel like I have done everything to try and get it - nothing works. I run with 2 accounts at once, never seen any drop on either char, nor do the other people get it. I have done at least 100+ runs in my 17+ hours of farming for the staff and all my warlock keeps getting is the dagger. Same goes for other classes/specs, they too get the dagger or the 1hand mace. No one ever gets the staff. I wrote a ticket, but was informed about how farming low % items work - basically just telling me how to farm items in general, nothing about the staff at all.
It MUST be bugged. There’s no way a 0.1% drop chance staff is found in a dungeon designed to teach new players how a dungeon works.

2 Likes

Support personnel probably won’t be able to tell if there is a bug with the drop. I would suggest we all file a bug report so that we can raise this issue with the developers and catch the next wave of hotfixes.

1 Like

I already submitted it as a bug when I was around level 13. Level 18 from doing the dungeon now - can’t even get more xp from it now. I might just stop trying for the time being, it seems completely pointless to continue trying as it is.
I also made a video about this staff btw, it’s on the staff’s wowhead page as well. :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.