Twinking is CHEATING

I have never likes twinks, since i got 1 shot on my very first BG by a rogue in vanilla! :D…

I agree with what he’s saying thought… but my problem is the russian’s i JUST finished a AV and i was playing on my hunter, being chased down by a pack of them, i disengaged through a trap down… popped my turtle… (whilst not slowed) and was slower whilst in the turtle and they ran through my tar trap… not even slowed… then they got slowed for half a second when they weren’t even in the bloody thing… there ping is outrageous they need there own damn region!

These comments are entirely irrelevant. Classic is a different game.

Being better geared at max level where everyone is trying to gear up is not the same as twinking where others are never going to compete. How is that not obvious?

Twinking is being min-maxed in an area where most players have a third of your stats and are borderline unable to damage you, and unless they freeze their XP to cheat as well, never will.

That is against the spirit of PvP, of honour, and of gaming as a whole.

A certain spec being strong in a certain bracket is in no way comparable to a player having 2-5x another player’s stats.

No, it’s actually worse. First and foremost, a twink doesn’t have anywhere near “5x another players stats”, even with double crusader proc (An enchant that should be nerfed to be inline with others)

A twink has enough health to survive 2 people railing on him/her. The twink doesn’t have enough health to survive 2 people railing on them AND correctly using their CC.

And if you remove twinks entirely, battlegrounds are then won by whichever team is given a healer or two. Which is exactly what we had in Legion. Because everybody was on the same gear level, no DPS could hope to single out a healer.

The other day I fought a paladin at 110. My Ret paladin has 24k HP.
The prot paladin had (with priest stam buff) 98k hp. He then threw Avenger’s Shield (an AOE tank spell) at me which hit me for 10,000 damage, 50% of my HP. I literally took a screenshot in disbelief.

You REALLY believe that is reasonable in a game? Really? Do you even consider what it’s like for the people being on the losing end of your cheating?

Whilst tanks always have significantly more health than non-tanks, I’ll admit to not knowing the 110 bracket.

But no, it’s still not cheating. Cheating would be the paladin having access to items that he shouldn’t; such as using lvl120 gear. The paladin going out of his way to collect the best gear possible for his level and using the best possible enchants is well within the game design and isn’t cheating.

If you don’t like it, tough cookies. I don’t like pet battles, that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t be able to do them to quickly level their characters.

2 Likes

hpoe blizz ban the scrub twink exploiters…

Just bring back stat templates untill max level

BFA’s level scaling gave us the ability to use the old forgotten on-use and proc items from the old game, templates would throw them back into memory.

I can also already see the future crying “omfg my gear didn’t matter while levelling, now I’m naked at 120 and get rekt by everyone? What happened pls fix”.

Templates were bad, full stop. That’s why they were discontinued.

1 Like

I’d rather see them remove XP from BG’s. Only the people that actually want to PVP would be there then, rather than the “I want to semi AFK and get some fast XP” or " He has better than gear than me that’s why we lost crowd"

Take some fekin ownership of your own destiny, it’s an MMO and you should care about character progression though the game, if you still had to buy spell ranks as you leveled would you not bother?

For you Legion must have been bliss - no gear just templates, but that didn’t work either, simply manipulating iLevel made for some of the worst balance in some brackets. I had a 99 DK that was sitting at 18% over template stats, a 79 Lock with 19% over template, simply by using iLevel gear.

Just think what you are saying, it’s disgraceful to gear your character and play with friends? It’s an MMORPG, if you want another kind of PvP game LoL is that way.

Not sure which bracket you are referring to specifically as you haven’t said, but all the19 Twinks I know only play in the XP Off bracket. The games are better for it, killing levelers gets old very soon.

When I queue for BG I want to win, there are no prizes for finishing last in a 2 horse race, so I do what’s inside my control to win, gear, tactics and teamwork.

People always blame something external to themselves for losing BG’s, below Max level it’s Twinks , at max level it’s varies from pre-mades, Russians or the other faction always wins.

Before I get accused of exploiting, you can forget it, only played XP Off BG’s on my twinks since 8.1.5 landed and my account would stand any Blizzard audit.

4 Likes

nobody liked stat templates. It was the worst thing ever that happened to pvp, and only good for the most unskilled players since everyone had a ton of health and did no dmg so you could make a ton of mistakes and still be alive.

I played this game for 13 years+ and back then you tried to understand how the one ganking you could do it. Now these curling children came into this game and are crying all over the forums. Please just leave our game in peace, if you want a braindead game where gear doesn’t matter than a MMO is probably not for you and you should play all those fps games and battle royal and what not. Pvp is only and always was a sub thing in wow, the pve part is the main thing, you can easily see that since the bgs are almost untouched compared to raiding mechanics changes over the years.
This game is about progress and gearing, so you don’t like that, play another game and don’t come here and try to change the game that many of us love for years.

3 Likes

Kinda ran through the posts and since topic suits my post, I am posting here not to open another thread.

Have been playing PvP for a bit since got bored of PvE on my lvl 110 character that has no BfA. Since I have an exp locked 109 character, I know even 3 hours pass, there will never be a BG up. Thought the process was same for 110 bracket. I made a bit searching and learnt about the exploit.

Is it “ok” to report these twinks as cheating?
Will Blizzard do something about this since this seems to be an issue since BfA launch?

To the twink players that will probably love to eat my q.q. I will probably not respond to ya. I am just wondering whether reporting players that exploit the system has a meaning or do we just get done with all pleasurable spots?

Yes, you can report them.

It’s such a minor offense that I don’t think Blizzard will do anything. However, repeated offenses do mean increased punishment, so if it’s the same person you report multiple times, they eventually will.

HOWEVER. If the twink isn’t exploiting and is just a “throw-away twink” (remember, not everybody that enchants and uses consumables is a twinked character), then Blizzard wont do anything because that person isn’t abusing an exploit.

A throw-away twink is a character with exp on, that enchant their gear and use potions and what not, and level very slowly through battlegrounds. Then when that character outlevels their use, it gets thrown away and the character is remade.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I kinda know also that excessive unnecessary reporting kinda flags your account to be “less to be taken serious”. I added Pvp Link addon to the game. So whenever I get suspicious -while waiting res- I check the armory link.

I experienced how a “Legion end-game” player deals damage and survives and how a BfA twink does. The HP gives away a lot. “Legion end-game” player was sitting under 40k HP, while other 56k HP.

I would so bow to mythic geared Legion player since he/she earned the gear and just storms around while not being tanky. Other one is like 2 players coming to you at once :D.

Edit: Just google’d the player’s name and he is exp locked since last year but he is in exp on bgs. Also he published in a public place how to do the same (weeks ago). Back to PvE then; this game is half for me at this point, facing and handled by same exploiter over and over is boring. And Blizzard ain’t giving a channel to contact them other than their auto-self-care-system which is great in most situations. I miss the righteous power of GMs. Good or bad, they were always near players.

Instead of using the automated report system, you can still create a ticket. Inside the ticket, you can put all of the information about the character that you’ve posted here.

I can’t promise that a GM will act on it, but they’re more likely to look into the matter that way, and at least you know that it’ll be a human being looking into the matter instead of an automated system.

Its “cheating” til you make one yourself and find out how FRIGGIN fun it is!

memories of my lvl 60 tauren hunter with HW crossbow…

Throw away twinks … that got me thinking.

If people weren’t so salty about character / gear progression away from the end game I probably would n’t have tried with a throw away XP On “twink”.

1 Like

if only these casuals knew how much effort it takes to get bis, and how many days and months it can take to gear up and even years and gold, blood and tears. Then they probably wouldn’t call this cheating but effort. They just don’t know the effort behind it. At end lvl they usually have an idea of the effort required to obtain best in slot gear so they don’t complain at them because they don’t want to be told to just take the same effort and time.

Opened a web ticket, while checking the player’s server/NPC with a lvl 1 character. There is a group of players doing the same thing on different brackets as well I believe. Since all I see are 19, 69, 110 players enter/leave a BG and then talk with the exp-on/off NPC.

I kinda feel ashamed for going far for a ticket but in-game-reporting system has no real feedback. Forum has good/bad feedback but from community mostly. And as a player that has twinked, myself, I cannot agree with that part of community to abuse the system just to get into carnage.

What level is your character you have been doing BG’s on?

I’m going to assume it’s 110, but I could be wrong.

You do know that non BfA 110’s ( as far as know this hasn’t changed ) are classed as XP off and have a queue of their own with 110 BfA XP off toons.