Twinking is CHEATING

It’s a never ending battle every Expac, something changes making previous BiS items trash. Now we have a slot machine ( Quest Reward Epic procs ) you probably will never see absolute BiS.

Or like some people go to extreme lengths for the 1 BiS item - most i have heard of is 36 attempts at getting Fallen Apprentice Robes to proc purple. Thats leveling 36 times 1 to 19 and doing a 5 minute quest … then deleting the toon when it failed.

Wish they kept rng for end game TF procs and left the rest of it alone.

New information to you:
XP off players turn on XP, queue, do something at some point which is not allowed in normal clicking means, be XP off in XP on BG.
It’s not a hack nor something big. It’s something overlooked making exploitable and regular player has no knowledge how to do it without learning.

Btw my 110 balance druid has now 2 legendaries with 204 ilvl and sits around 25k hp; while full mythic geared player has 36k hp and leveling players that has gotten their BfA items are 41k-46k hp. So once you face a 61k hp rogue or a 75k hp warlock player day after day, you should be feeling something is off.

And I do not have BfA, so I am stuck in the 110 bracket. I read around this happens on other brackets too. Personally I do not want this game to be exploited or allow others to exploit it. We all play together, random or as friends. Let’s have fun together, not one sided.

I think you missed my point - you are in the same queue as a 110 Twink, because you don’t have BfA. 110’s have their own queue, the ones you are seeing aren’t doing anything wrong, they are in the same queue by default.

Or if you want to look at it another way, you are in their queue.

I’m not saying people don’t exploit the queue bug, but they aren’t in your case. I’m afraid you have 2 choices - buy BfA and level out of the bracket or suck it up.

You are wrong, actually partially. I share the same bracket with rest of the players that are 110 no matter what. But I should not be facing exp-off BfA players that are level 110. They use an exploit to enter the bg where leveling 110 players and Legion players dwell.

I kinda do not understand how can you not know exp-off and exp-on players are not supposed to enter the same bg. I would gladly get beaten whole day by full Mythic Legion players and leveling BfA players. I would still not prefer to get beaten players that uses “spoilers” to enter exp-on bg and still do not gain exp.

Come to me fair! Beat me fair… Or if you are hunter, I will die from your cooldowns anyway. I will not stop fighting those that are not fair. Even if that player would be from my team! He/She has his/her own ‘exp-off’ bg. Just to lol around, he/she should not be ruining fair-play.

Victory without trying ain’t delightful; nor being a sandbag with no option to retaliate.

Edit: Yay support gave me a link to report hacks/exploits/bots/etc. Thank you Miylee. At last I can report to a correct place. :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry you still don’t get it - there is only 1 queue at 110 - you aren’t separated - you are treated like your XP is off.

Not sure how else to write it so you understand at 110 - you aren’t separate from twinks and they aren’t exploiting to get in “your” bgs. This only applies at 110 as it always has at the old expansion cap.

Not sure how else to explain it …

Like level 20 vets / starter accounts get to queue in the regular queue even though thay cant gain XP due to the level cap. But as they haven’t turned XP off they are treated like it’s on.

BTW I’m not defending people who glitch into the wrong BG’s but in your case you have got your knickers in a twist because you are seriously out geared, due to other 110’s being able to access what you can’t

twinking not cheat

1 Like

Agreee. it was always a part of the game and they just play how the game works lol.

Before long, you will see Pre-made twink groups with EXP on, enter your battleground, savagely increase the size of your butthole, not capture flags, not let you capture bases, push the timer right to max, and then mass leave, closing the BG as there aren’t enough players.

You push, we push back… we don’t need Exp off, to ruin your day in PVP… Just saying

Wait till Classic - then there is no XP lock, you will have every little b!tch - who thinks they are skilled, but really its the item powah, ruining BG’s while trying to act magnanimous. Twinks always defend their right to steam-roll over with one-button macro’s and call it skill and dedication. I am going to partition that they introduce the XP lock in Classic - so the rest of us can actually enjoy PVP.

I’ve levelled with a friend through almost every bracket in the last few weeks now.

Aw good job buddy, you did some PvE that took some time so I guess it’s fine that you can destroy us all without any talent or hope of retaliation now! :slight_smile:

Gearing up at max level is not the same as over-gearing at low level to destroy people who are just trying to level up and have a good time. How is this not clear?

People don’t level to “have a good time”. They level quickly to play at the current max level because that’s how this game is designed.

The difference in power between a twink and a non-twink is lower than the difference in power between a fresh 120 and a max geared one. However, there’s a lot more people spread out across the gear spectrum at max level, there’s much more contest for the maxed player.

A twink however, doesn’t have a great deal of contest because as I said in my first sentence: people want to level fast. They don’t give a monkey’s about getting decent gear, or enchanting gear that they intend to throw away in a couple of hours.

2 Likes

like point out it not cheat twink allow

I’d say it’s very much relevant, because the gear and stats difference is the very point that people complain about. They hate that we outgear them, so they want us gone. You either die a scrub (fresh 120) or live long enough to see yourself become the twink (maxed out 120). However the main point of having a twink is not to outclass others, but to not have to keep buying expansions nor keep up with the end-game grind that never ends. Seriously it’s been well over a decade, some of us are understandably sick of it and use twinks as our mains. And for others it’s just an alt project for when the grind starts to burn them out, something to just jump into at any time and have fun without worrying about whether the char is still up-to-date. Balance and stats difference is a different issue that can be addressed with preset stats templates (like they do in GW2 structured PvP, not the failed method they used in legion). This ‘segregate twinks’ mentality some people seem to have is just going about it backwards.

^ this
Thx for your patience in engaging ppl in discussion on this topic. As a twink I very much appreciate the time you put into this. :+1:

Honestly if the shock from going to an equal environment to one where they are outclassed is too much then maybe it’s time to do the same with max level pvp as well. When everybody becomes a twink nobody will be. I’ve seen guild wars 2 easily manage to do this in their own structured PvP and it works like a charm. Best thing about that entire game hands down. And if people really want to lord their newly acquired seasonal gear over lower geared players they can just turn on war mode and go hunting in world PvP. The concept of templates in structured pvp is exactly what this game has needed for years, perhaps since the beginning.

As long as this game clings to the outdated method (i.e. the illusory seasonal progression) it currently uses we will continue to have problems like this, and this time it came at the cost of our twinks. For me personally that’s too great a price. if we look beneath the surface of every ‘twinks bad’ arguments and consider what about this game is causing people to complain, it always boils down to the noticable stats difference between these groups (twink vs non-twink) in structured. What everyone takes for granted at max level is considered a serious issue while leveling. Solve that and you take away their reason for complaining about us in the first place. :wink:

I can understand that, and with twinks outside of the regular queue (or with our stats inside instanced PvP being templated as you later mentioned) this becomes not a problem. Heck, I’d quite enjoy raiding with an entire guild of twinks within TBC.

If that were the case, with twinks gone EVERY SINGLE ALT YOU EVER PLAY will be up to date and ready to play in any bracket it is in except the very highest level.

This is feasible, certainly for lower than max level. At max level that’s a separate debate that I might open another thread for, though I’m on the fence so I’ll just be watching it.

The entire point of BGs is to have a good time. It’s probably more efficient to not even queue for them whilst levelling. Certainly if you’re gonna have your time wasted sat in the spawn for 20 minutes whilst a 2/0 flag carrying enemy team of twinks refuses to end.

Then what the heck is the point? If you want to feel like a god, play a singleplayer game with a bunch of mods on and kill everything. Or try Dynasty Warriors, it’s great.
Some other venue where it’s not spoiling the fun of everyone else, in this; our multiplayer game that we all play together.

Oh god yes!

Yet, the only thing people ever do is cry about battlegrounds. That doesn’t sound like a good time to me?

Battlegrounds offer exp because people kept asking for a way to level through PVP many years ago, since they were bored of levelling alts through the same quests over and over.

I’ve had more games like that without twinks than I have with twinks. So really, you’re complaining about issues completely unrelated to twinks, but blaming them for it. Incidently, you’ve been doing that in every post you’ve made in this thread.

The point of twinking varies from person to person. Some players want to feel like gods, some want to see how strong they can make their character, then compete with other people that have made their character that strong.

Some people even twink their characters as a way to “boost” their friends. Higher chance of winning a BG if one of the players is stronger than normal?

But me personally? I made twinks because making them was fun. I’ve always had more fun creating my twinks, customising them and testing the best enchants and consumables. It was a solo project that I could do with just a small amount of help from a friend; I didn’t need a guild or to stick to raid times, I didn’t need to group with randomers, it was just a side project.

Haven’t played that since I was a young teenager. Perhaps I’ll go find my old PS2 later.

Oh please, everything you do is “spoiling” somebody else’s fun. Do you think “maybe i shouldn’t do this?” When you stomp fresh lvl120 in a battleground on your main?

When we had Legion’s awful templates, did you every destroy people and think “maybe my OP class is ruining somebody else’s fun?”

No, you damn well didn’t. Twinking causes no harm. If you dont want to enchant your gear or buy food and potions, then that’s your problem, you have no right to tell other people they they aren’t allowed to because you dont want to.

1 Like

Matter of opinion,

I don’t feel satisfaction in those fights, it’s arguably a good reason for templates because I’d actually like my opponents to have a chance of beating me.
But in that particular case they’ve chosen to join a BG on a fresh-ding which in the current game is suicide. By your logic every non-twink is signing up to get shafted just for queuing for BGs.

That’s a class balancing issue which is arguably easier to handle when templates are in use.

“If you don’t want to do this set of abnormal things irrelevant to levelling your character then you deserve to have zero fun in Battlegrounds.” - That’s exactly what you’re saying.

If you’re in a separate queue then you can play with like-minded individuals and nobody has to have a bad time.
You guys can have fun doing what you’re doing, and everyone else can have fun playing their alts and PvPing whilst levelling up.

No, it’s not. Look at this forum, it’s people complaining. Join a battleground? It’s people complaining.

It’s always been the same. Some people have fun in battlegrounds, I usually enjoy them; but the reality is that people complain about them all the time; that isn’t a matter of opinion.

We’re going around in circles here. If you want 100% fair fights, MMORPG’s aren’t your thing.

The logic is exactly the same, except there are FAR less twinks than heavily geared main characters. Also, enchanting your levelling toon is MUCH MUCH easier than getting good gear at max level. It’s a 2 minute job, as opposed to farming dungeons and praying for good rolls.

Yet it wasn’t fixed and was actually made worse with templates. So I don’t know where you got the word “arguably” from.

No, what I’m saying is “if you dont want to spend 2 minutes throwing some cheap enchants on your gear, you have no right to cry about the people who do”.

Effort, my dear friend. Just because you don’t want to put any effort in doesn’t mean those that do should be penalised to suit you.

Except for the people who can’t play their character any more because there aren’t any battlegrounds? Twinking is a minority, outside of the 19, 29 and 110 bracket, there aren’t enough twinks to get a BG to pop, let alone to get them all online at the same time.

Repeating yourself doesn’t substitute for a valid argument. No queues - no fun.

And “anti-twinks” still get no fun because something else is going to make them cry anyway. You submit to the whiners and what do you think you get? More whining.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between complaining about general frustrations within a game, which is going to happen in almost any game ever, and complaining about mechanics that make a PvP scenario unwinnable for one player.

My main is an enchanter and absolutely stacked with old-world mats, it’s no effort for me at all. But you can’t be telling me that sticking a set of enchants on my gear is the entirety of twinking.

They did templates poorly. It works in Guild Wars 2. I’m not saying the templates we had are the solution, and templates aren’t the purpose of the thread per se.
But think about it, you’re a developer, you know (for example) that ALL shadow priests in the level 89 bracket do 150 damage per tick with Shadow Word: Pain. Shadow priest is presenting itself as OP in that bracket by spamming SWP on everyone, so you tweak that flat number. That’s gotta be a whole lot easier to balance when you know what their numbers are.

When your enjoyment as the minority is taking away all of the fun of the majority, I think that’s a cost you can basically expect.

If some children are playing catch and one kid takes the ball and prefers to just keep it to himself, the other children aren’t going to want to play with him anymore.

I do agree with you, but as someone rightly pointed out in another thread; minor grievances shouldn’t mean we should let major grievances remain.