Twinking is dead. Blizz killed it

Its fine. A perfect maxxed twink isn’t twinking to gank levelers anyway (in most cases) and are a minority even amongst Twinks.

They’re not really an issue in the whole “Twink vs levelers/New players”-discussion.

Its really aimed more at the semi-geared Twinks that make their characters to shred randoms in bgs and those tend to not go all the way either due to lack of motivation or lack of funds.

1 Like

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

thank you blizzard we love you <3

1 Like

So now that particular crusade is over what’s next of the list?

1. Removing Russians from the EU BG group
  2. Removing Pre-mades from the queue

Lets do 2, because it will also fix 1.

why not maybe enjoyable without premades but les face it they would never do that

If you don’t realize that using your gear at 120 and twinking at intermediate levels is not the same, you are a simpleton.

2 Likes

Is it? Im seeing 1.6K HP Outlaws still swarming and 1 shotting folks in 10-19 bracket. How do they do this?

Because I 'm a simpleton explain it to me then Mr Genius.

Using a gear advantage at Max level is acceptable but not at any other level is what your saying or is it you’re not allowed to progress a character until 120 ?

I’m waiting for your superior logic and brain to kick in to explain why.

3 Likes

Several things come to mind:

Queuing abuse - Queue with XP On - Lock when BG pops
Throw away Twink - Mainly Heirlooms / weapons with BiS chants - few enchanted greens
Queuing WSG in a group with XP on - having someone hold the flag and HK farming until bored
Queue WSG with XP on - and /afk before Flag cap

Personally I 'm not interested in doing any of the above, but I hear they are all possible

Geared 120 vs non geared 120: Ali vs random heavy weight boxer.

39 level twink vs 31 level noob player levelling: 17 year old fighting vs a toddler.

Do you understand the difference? Do you need me to explain it further?

And again, twinking is not bad, per se. The problem is facing twinks when you are simply trying to learn your class and the game mechanics in a random bg. Having them in a separate queue is, in that regard, perfect. If you are not finding matches, it is probably because twinking was not as popular as you think, meaning most of the matches you were trashing inferior geared opponents, which makes your point of “we play it for the challenge” not that valid.

2 Likes

Your analogy of 120 is way off - my Fresh 120 lock with 112K Health vs an i400 toon with 220K plus health and 2K More primary stat, that difference is on toon of the same level. The relative power levels aren’t even close.

Based on your answer then should your Combatant rated Lock be able to meet a R1 multi-glad player in the same BG ?

The Level 31 makes a choice to enter a pvp environment where it’s kill or be killed, the same player learning his class will also have slots without gear, and wont have keys bound. He will also be cannon fodder for anyone who has the basic grasp of their class and abilities. For him the lack of twinks won’t change anything.

If there was no XP gains to be had in BG’s would the same player be there?

That’s pretty doable just by having a loom in every slot and enchanting them appropriately.

Smart move just like the timely race change promo, people leveling and alt should be separated from twinks and able to learn their class and different spec against other human players and do battlegrounds when they feel bred from quests and dungeons without being disguted/farmed at the graveyard.

No sympathy for twinks nor for low level ganker if you want to see where you stand, try against something that can bite back.

2 Likes

Where they can enjoy being farmed by alt levellers in their cheap throw-away enchanted heirlooms.

It wasn’t twinks destroying new players, it was always alt levellers destroying new players. Twinks just went out of their way to destroy the alt levellers.

It’s fine if you hate somebody’s play style, but don’t try to claim the moral highground when you’re just a big hypocrite. You don’t care about new players.

Going to say that to the fully heirloomed alt levellers that camp the half naked lowbies in battlegrounds, or is it only bad when twinks do it, because twinks killed you too?

I read quite a lot from this thread; god knows why. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned from it, it’s that Hotsndots is a massive moron. My god, stupidity and toxicity combined together; it reminds me or my time playing League of Legends.

1 Like

I’m so happy to see twinks get smashed. Now disable all enchants, buffs, and heirlooms too, and it will be perfect!

Even though I got a few l 60 alts in classic gear with weapons enchanted to mess around bgs, I agree that twinks were cancer and it is a good riddance. Twinks are one of the many reasons why new players do not try pvp as a result, pvp community dwindles and then you same people complain how you only get to fight russians at maximum lvl

Heirloomed geared people are a problem only till you get all your item slots filled with gear, afterwards they are as dangerous as anothet person geared in greens

No, enchanted heirlooms are stronger than greens.

You loom levelers are just as much a problem to new players as twinks were to you. Face that reality and stop trying to place blame elsewhere.

2 Likes

What level do you think you are likely to have all your slots filled as a new player?

Trinkets arent available until the late 20’s, and then it’s a crit with on use Agi iirc

Personally I’d like to see the evidence of all these new players people keep talking about, the game pop is dwindling not increasing.

So did you twinks! I remember when I started this game I tried WSG when I was level 24-25 and all I got was getting one shotted by BoE equipped and best in slot people doing 3-4x normal damage. Oh and the insane enchants they put on the weapons… Wow! Crusader enchant on a 2h wep nice! It almost ripped a hole in the universe so OP was it on low levels.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t have your fun but how is it fun to destroy other peoples fun? Maybe you should just twink your lv120 character with ilv415+++ pvp gears. The only reason why you guys twink is because you can’t compete on the highest level with pvp or at highest level you are lucky to get like 1-2 kills maybe 3 if you’re a little accident killer. The rank 13-14’s in my guild well they called twinks what twinks really are. Toys for old men in a non-platonic way.

1 Like