Twinking is dead. Blizz killed it

False. 10char

1 Like

I should know better than to respond to a blood elf paladin… But it has to be said:

Not a single person believes that twinks “ruined” the game. Giving somebody a relatively unpleasant first experience in PVP isn’t ruining the game for them. Want to know what my first experience with PVP was? Trying to quest while a lvl60 hunter was killing the quest givers in the Xroads.

He did a far better job at showing me how to abuse new players than twinks ever did. The result? I’m still here a deace and a half later.

Do you remember what “normal” damage was at the time? I remember the same thing, dying very easily to people when I first started. I later realised that it wasn’t even twinks that were killing me, it was levellers with their BoE greens and blues, when I had poorly itemised greens (and missing slots) because I didn’t know what on earth I was doing.

Crusader is still overtuned. But do you really think it’s just twinks using it? No it isn’t, every alt leveller and their grandmother throws crusader on their BoA item.

This is the part where you’ve been wrong the whole time. You know who hates twinks? Alt levellers. It’s alt levellers whose “fun” gets ruined by twinks, because alt levellers believe that they should be able to curb stomp new players based solely upon experience. Then they cry when their experience is no match for time and gold.

You ruin the fun of learning for new players, and twinks ruined your fun. It was full circle.

Maybe you don’t know what twinking is. Twinking is the art of creating a low level character and making it as strong as you possibly can, it’s a fun process that allows you to experiment with different builds. It’s a venture that you do SOLO, almost completely by yourself. No raid guilds needed, no praying to the RNG gods for titanforging, no daily grinding.

This is exactly the kind of comment I expected from your kind. Do you really think that the players interested in twinking ONLY played those characters?

Twinks were side projects, characters people created when they werent burnt out from max level content. Some of us have played this game for years, when you’ve played that long the end game content becomes repetitive and the same. No matter what flavour it has, the burnout phase is inevitable.

Twinking however, changes with every expansion. Legion twinks were Ilvl twinks, they were about getting ilvl as high as you possibly could.

Vanilla - WotLK twinks were carried entirely by enchants and some pieces of incredibly rare items; shadowfang and assassin’s blade, anyone?

BfA twinks were on-use and proc carried. You may not have noticed, but the level scaling introduced game-wide broke lots of low level items.

1 Like

Well it was not praying to gods for an RNG proc - now it’s completely that. You want BiS in that one slot, that’s a quest reward you better hope that the rng gods are smiling on you.

Watched a guy trying for a BiS Chest piece ( Soothsayers Vest ) for a 19 Hunter last night, he’d re-rolled 38 times in the hope of an Epic proc !

My 5 hours farming Murlocs for an Epic staff pales in comparison ( still not got it, 2 Blues and 3 Greens later )

hmm my experience whit twinks is totaly different again, I used to twink quite some time ago, and what I noticed again is that most twinks do not want to face other twinks, when I had full twinks and I meen twinks that where fully decked whit all enchants there was, most twinks I faced, ran away or let me be, they didnt bother to even try to fight me, they when´t for the the new players or levelers instead, and it happend a lot in almost every bg the other twinks just ran when they saw me, I even tested it out, I removed gear so my healt whent low, and every twink out there started to attack me, but once I put on all my gear then again ran away, in some matches I could go for the flag, and not a single twink even bothered to try and take it back.

I am not saying all who twinks are like that, but the majority only twink so they can kill others easy and once they face other twinks they stop and do not want to play.

1 Like

My experience is the opposite - beat the red teams twinks - beat the red team.

Nothing like making the other teams Twinks /afk out of a BG.

1 Like

It literally takes longer to farm all the stupid OP trinkets, grab enchants and overtune your character then just level out the bracket. It’s not game knowledge, it’s levelers vs people who are not leveling and have had time to overgear characters. Remember way back when leveling via BGs and we had a level 19 rogue that literally walked into a group of 4 of us and killed us all within 15 seconds. You can’t “git gud” against that other then by leveling out of bracket or twinking yourself.

Which expansion was “way back when” ?

Cata or MoP, it’s been some years and I had a long break midway though MoP into 7.3

If it was MoP then the queues were separated, if it was Cata it would have been pre-patch 3.2, that’s a long time ago and gear differences are now less.

Obviously if you have slots empty or insist on using grey items then you’ll get owned by levellers in looms anyway, Twinks or no twinks.

You are stuck in the past.

All you need is spend a couple hundred gold on your toon to enchant it up (crusader, elemental force, hidden satyr, all stats, armor kit, etc.). Trinkets only start to become tough business for levelers at lvl 70. Besides that, there are classes that simply dominate low level BGs, such as rdruids. However, that is an issue with game design. A lvl20 restodruid has every toolkit in the game that you need, meanwhile a level 20 warrior for example is only running around with 1 charge and it’s damage.
The power gap between a leveler and a twink has been severely reduced with BfA, which is a good thing. Semi-twink-levelers can reach up to twink levels of damage - even though the edge that twink gear provides is there. There is no more oneshotting - except if you are playing an MM hunter or Fire mage and run berserk+saltwater and all that crap. So the argument that “way back in the day” doesn’t work at all. Yes, it was hella annoying to be constantly 1shotted by lvl19 hunters in Cataclysm for example, but that no longer exists. That’s it.

Let is be very clear here that these are people putting inordinate amounts of time into getting minor upgrades, specifically so they can face OTHER TWINKS in XPOFF battlegrounds.

If people doing that isn’t enough to tell you there’s enough people playing the brackets for decent competition and good games, I don’t know what does.

1 Like

Then why don’t you just go and do that lmao. Problem solved.

What’s the difference between an ilvl 400 vs an ilvl 350 and twinks vs levellers?

Any player who uses heirlooms, enchants, elixirs/potions or any other consumable in a battleground, is by definition twinking their toon.

PvP is brutal, new players always have to learn the hard way when it comes to WoW battlegrounds, besides it’s 2019, there are no new players in WoW. Last time they segregated the queues, there were what 9 million+ players, lucky if there are even 2 million now. Queue times below max level for all brackets are longer and all Blizz have done is pushed committed players to roll F2P toons who crazily are still in XP-on battlegrounds. Thus braking the game even more because they are not even paying a sub now.

Blizz have one more month of a sub from me and then I join the F2P crowd. 14 years of paying monthly subs, never played F2P but I am about to now.

Hello there folks. What happened to the battlegrounds ? Im waiting since 2 hours, i am not able to access to BGs since days. Yes i am a twinker actually have 3 twinks, what needs more gear.

Edit: I already figured out that Blizzard disabled twinks, because of crybabies. We are not able to enter BGs as twinks. FIX IT

Lets not pretend that how they handle PVP queues has had a big impact on the game’s subscriber count. That’s a bit dishonest. And saying that new players need to learn the hard way by having absolutely no chance at all when trying out battlegrounds is pretty scummy, also.

How does that solve anything for a new player? XD

Well the problem is twinks scaring off new players and levellers from going into RBG. Not going to RBG kind of makes the problem worse, doesn’t it?

Quite probably. But the fact I’ve never come back to PVP leveling for that reason might be a good indicator of why Blizz won’t allow twinks to play against normal players. Anecdotal for sure, but to me this decision seems to make perfect sense. Twinks are only fun for twinks. Their entire play style is making the game less fun for others, their own team by making games trivial and taking out the challenge and for the enemy team by making it impossible to win without their own twinks.

Let’s not pretend new players can tell the difference between twinked toons and alt levellers.

There are no easy ways of learning PvP in this game, and hiding behind the phoney excuse that new players need a fair playing ground when no such thing exists is not only fallacious, it’s game breaking as what would be the point in gear progression or heirlooms or rep gates or any of the things it takes time to get in this game.

What new players, this is 2019 and the game hasn’t had a spike in new players since the movie came out. It’s alt levellers that make the most noise about twinks. New players can’t tell the difference between the two.