Twinking is dead. Blizz killed it

Funny now that we have our queues the 10 -19 bracket “normal” or “levelers” queues pop less than the WSG XP off ones do.

I was leveling a new Priest to 19 yesterday, Clicked the random BG queue at level 13 it popped an 1 hour an 48 minutes later when I had just dinged 19.

19’s are great, competitive games, everyone is actually focused on playing to win.

The issues are in the other brackets where the community is smaller and are spread far and wide. The random queue doesn’t work, you have to queue a specific BG to have a chance of a pop. 19’s the community is well connected and only queues WSG so it gets it’s BGs.

20’s are fine to as they mainly F2P and Vets - so get to play in the levellers queue.

If you are going to try and be a smart a$$ at least read the thread first - you would have seen the majority just want a queue system that works

I think twinking just clashes with the design philosophy blizz has right now.

You see with the templates, everyone is more or less equalised, reducing pvp to skill ( bar tuning), so when you pit two teams, twinks vs non twinks, the twinks will be on top regardless of skill.

Blizz wants it to be fair for the majority.

Twink put off a lot of players who enter a bg for the first time, because it isn’t really fair ( I understand, twinks put time and effort into their twink toon, but that’s not the point)

Twinks complained when they were placed in separate queues to face other twinks, but then you might as well face max lvl players. Twinks complained because their games weren’t skewed heavily towards them in their favour any longer.

Some classes simply don’t work on lower lvls. It’s always the same classes who are twinked.

Blizz would rather see those thousands join the others.

Personally I don’t see what’s fun about playing with an incomplete spellbook or be rewarded different gear ( specially trinkets)

Assuming they have a philosophy - seems like a jumbled mess atm

Is that statement somewhat contradictory?

Yes we do - other than 3 outliner brackets ( 19’s, 29’s and 59’s) the gear difference between a Twink and a leveler is less than it ever was. Even more so now that just by questing everyone gets to play the gear slot game.

Some classes are all ways going to be FoTM, classes at low levels have never been balanced.
Played some Twink 19’s earlier and every class available was represented, not every spec. But the same is true at max level where some classes and specs are, shall we say more popular.

Some Twinks complained - those of us that what competitive games are happy with the split queues, just not the broken queuing system.

It becomes much more tactical, and more about positioning and map control. There are a number of options for Trinkets, all the Heirloom ones, AGM, and some “interesting” Engineering items open to 19’s - so maybe more than you thought.

Ship has sailed. I know you feel you’re right on this one, but this isn’t one of the cases where being right is worth much. Probably best to let the argument lie, as much as it feels bad for you to do so.

I just wanna pick this point up, because I’d like to make it absolutely crystal clear to those who aren’t currently playing 19s, what is and isn’t in a good state to play at 19. The only specs I would consider bad enough to not play at 19 are as follows.

Assassination Rogue
BM Hunter
Enhance Shaman
Ret Paladin
Windwalker monk
Tanks

That’s pretty much it. Also because of the considerably more objective focused meta at 19, damage isn’t everything. Almost every spec brings something valuable to the table, because they’re the only ones capable of bringing it at all.

Yeah for sure. I’ll try and keep it buttoned :smiley: Maybe easier said than done.

Shame that list has 3 of my favoured specs in it, especially Ret and WW Monk. Luckily both have good Healing Specs , the WW changes in mid Legion ( ?) killed WW viability at 19.

Ret feels slow and clunky imo, and with reduced crit in PvP can’t even count on those 800+HP Crits I see in PvE.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.