Twinking is part of the game. ACCEPT IT

Sorry, I should’ve been more specific (because yes it is very contradictory); those who enjoy twinking find it enjoyable or maybe as an alternativ outlet because of the current state, but the problem is there aren’t many left.

People like to complain. That’s all it is, really. Most of the complaints people have are unfounded, which makes it even more laughable.

1 Like

Twinking is a form of ‘legalized cheating’, and only done by losers that can’t cope otherwise. ACCEPT IT.

3 Likes

Whenever I roll an alt, or I’m around the starting zones, I see everyone in Heirlooms and just assumed over 90% of new characters are twinks.
What I don’t understand is why you felt the need to make this post.

How is gearing a character cheating?

Seriously you shouldn’t sh*t talk on a character where you have 40K HK’s but can’t muster a 50% overall WR in random BG’s

1 Like

(edit; fixed some typos and restructured)

Need some cheese to go with your whine? In all honesty I have been playing since early TBC and I have rarely met more unpleasant people in this game than vehemently anti-twink players. With most people we can have a civil discussion about twinking regardless of where they stand on the issue, and what would be a good way to find a solution that keeps both sides happy and minimizes the imbalance. By your logic even people with maxed out gear at 120 are ‘losers’ and ‘cheaters’ too. The gap there is much larger, and far more time is needed to catch up if you are the weaker player in the equation (i.e. just dinged 120).

You will ALWAYS have a gap in gear between players in ANY bracket, that is just what happens when you have a game where stats play a large role. Disagree with that?, lobby for templates! But don’t start pissing on people for merely doing what makes sense at any point in the game. Which is gearing up with the means available to you. Twinking is simply a way to avoid the hamster wheel that awaits at end-game. Constantly grinding only to go in circles, never really progressing anyway, and falling behind the moment you take a break. I mean just look at how the community received BfA, can you really blame some for not wanting to flip that coin every expansion? Always having to leave good content behind eventually and hope the next expansion is at least decent enough to hold your interest. (looking at you BfA… for shame)

Most of us either play twinks as alts, or have at least been around the block enough times to no longer want to invest time in end-game. It gets stale. If you can’t be assed to obtain heirlooms and keep the few non-heirloom slots up to date every few levels then that is not our responsibility. Twinks in most brackets are nowhere near as powerful as they once were anyway. Besides, this is faction warfare not hello kitty island. This strawmanning bs about why we twink, and failed psychoanalysis about who we are as people, really needs to stop. We are merely trying to cling to the content we like, and avoid being forced into content we dislike. And I would expect that is something you can sympathize with seeing as you made a long post yourself about you quitting and not seeing how you can justify spending money on WoW as things stand. So is twinking really such a hard thing to understand? Any balancing issues that arise from that are on blizzard, and need to be addressed as balancing issues. But hey, why try using a scalpel when you have a sledgehammer lying around. Way easier to just segregate twinks and create (read; break) exp-off queues. Heck, I haven’t had a queue pop for long enough to declare my brackets legally dead.

We just don’t want to be forced into stale end-game content and a grind that only gives the illusion of progress. Maybe if they hadn’t made bg’s give so much experience we wouldn’t have this conflict of interest years later between people dedicated to PvP (twinks and non-twinks alike) and people that just use it as a leveling tool, expecting for everyone else to be as undergeared as they are so they can grab some quick experience. I have seen people proclaim themselves ‘pvp-oriented’ and in the same breath equate twinks to aimbotters in FPS games. Like WTF. Plus throw away twinks will still exist and require minimal effort to put together, especially at 19 and 29. All you need is heirlooms, a few dungeon drops, and some relatively cheap consumables/enchants. Nothing has been solved, except killing queues for people who had a twink they really invested a lot of time in and ran PvE and PvP content with, especially in the higher brackets.

Leveling used to be an exclusively PvE thing. Now people like you get all salty because there are still serious pvpers in brackets below max. People who actually put in the time to make a good character in a stats based game. Well I tell you I’d much rather make a character, level it up to a point where I enjoy the content available to me (in my case vanilla-tbc-wotlk) and be done with farming for good after only one grind for gear. Leaving the crapshoot that is end-game far behind me and never touching it again. This twinks are cheaters/bullies/etc. bollocks needs to end, it’s completely void of logic and adds nothing to the discussion. So can we finally lay that crap to rest and focus on the actual problems? I’d much appreciate it. I don’t want to take away your place in this game, and you shouldn’t want to take away ours either.

2 Likes

Theyre awful. I would accept better from a fellow Gnome

Sorry buddy but people who twink aren’t actually good at the game. They’re just a group of idiots who suck at end game pvp.

3 Likes

Twink players require competition-free safe space. Dont be mean to them.

I hope you aren’t serious? End game PvP has been destroyed by PvE geared morons chasing a carrot on a stick - at least you can actually get the best gear with no titanforged BS - and if you say “well they suck because they can’t be good in PvP without the gear advantage” then you don’t have any clue to what this topic is about, a newly dinged 120 is going to get raped by geared 120 and no one bats an eye.

1 Like

You also clearly don’t get what twinking is about. It’s about the ability to actually get the best gear and use it, instead of having to do crappy PvE content at endgame while chasing a carrot on a stick to get a lucky titanforge, if I wanted to play a slot machine game I would use my phone and not pay each month for it.

1 Like

and that is why the twinks got their own separate bg que to match against equal geared players so whats the problem? but they have to cheat their way into leveling bgs with the macro bug

or are you saying that its the fun to steamroll leveling pvpers ? as what makes you better then the pve geared noobs at level 120 then?
or you think we should get templates back as then everyone is equal :slight_smile:

I didn’t know people in this time can still be that one-minded.

As many people have pointed out thus far; just like the first time they implemented this our queues aren’t popping. Aside from there being relatively few of us per bracket which made it near impossible for us even when the segregation first hit (patch 3.2), there also seem to be some issues with the queue itself this time around.

Erikpreistly<Perfect Losers>
Logged on a 19 Twink today - spoke to my Guild master, queued WSG - he confirmed both factions were queued up in the right numbers to get a pop. 1 hour 15 minutes later no pop.

Ellipsìs<BBC NEWS>
The queues have been broken since around WoD. And I would have been absolutely fine with this change if they would fix the queues.

aye and thats obvious a fault on blizz part and they need to fix it ( i even suggest putting there ai in untill players have been found and then replace the ai with those player if to few people is really the problem

but i can also see there ques are slowed down on purpose as with the recent speculation with the no exp if you have a twink in the party it wont surprise me if they get rid of the exp lock option all together soon.

but then again now its a bummer for everyone as twink wont get there bgs so they have to use exploits to get in leveling bg were most people arnt prepared for full geared people as there just leveling and would be a waste to put that much effort in getting al that gear if you level next bg anyway

and they are marked as the bad guys because of that so everyone loses

This is why we can’t have nice things…

I just want to play my 13 yo character in BG, with full twink or only randoms, just want to have the BG to pop but its not the case… And about the gear that a twink can have, it’s an rpg, i’ve farmed a lot, plenty hours to get my gear and yes, i can melt you because your character is 5hours fresh and mine is more than 70days old, that’s RPG

1 Like

I think Blizzard removed Twinking.

I may be wrong, but I suspect that the xp-off twinks using an exploit to play in xp-on bg’s are making your queues longer than they need to be.

Let’s hope that gets fixed soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are mainly aimed at shutting down gold-for-boosters, which I have no problem with.

Unpopular opinion time!

I hate playing with them in dungeons, I hate their advertisements spamming my chat… can’t wait to get rid of them.
I have no problem with people rolling alts by any means, but boosting people for gold is ridiculous. Just play the damn game yourself, or don’t play at all.