Tyrande was mean to me!

Okay, quick tan-trum regarding the Nightborne unlock quests I’ve just done.

I’m probably late to the band wagon actually but, here goes;

Thalyssra: Tyrande was mean to me.

Liadrin: Join the Horde. Night Elves are cowards that hide in trees.

So Nightborne can hide under a bubble for thousands of years and the quel’dorei/sin’dorei can hide in Quel’thalas for thousands of years but when the kal’dorei fight wars from their trees, they’re cowards?

Now don’t get me wrong. There’s an abundant amount of reasons for why the Nightborne joining the Horde can be justified. Tyrande shouldn’t be one of them, even if she was slightly condescending to them during the quest chain.

Let’s just forget that Alliance champion that fought alongside and with the Nightborne long before Tyrande ever even showed up.

I’ve seen the rest of the quest text. I don’t think the Nightborne should have joined the Alliance, but Tyrande being the sole reason for it just comes off as dog poop writing.

Honestly sort of wish I never bothered to help the Nightborne if that’s how childish they’re represented in-game.

22 Likes

Oh god, not another Nightborne debate.

22 Likes

Go on. List them.

As far as I’m concerned, Thalyssra should have bailed out the moment Sylvanas proved to be far worse than Elisande ever was.

7 Likes

This is going under the assumption that the Nightborne joined the Horde prior to the burning of Teldrassil. Their integration into Sin’dorei society makes thematic sense.

Their reasoning does not.

You are almost 2 years late to the party. I thought we were over this by now. brushes dust off the last couple of similar topics

7 Likes

This coming from the guy who is still mad about the Amani genocide and Garrosh.

7 Likes

Well there are, but rushed development did a toll on it. 4 AR had to get throw in with 7.3.5 Actually, the only AR with good development so far, are the Zandalari and Kul Tirans. That’s how it’s done right.

1 Like

I thought the Highmountain Tauren quests were okay, to be honest.

The Nightborne one was literally ten minutes of, ‘Haha, the Alliance sucks, join the Horde! Oh look, it’s Alleria. snorts derisively

Liadrin: “Hey do you want to join the Horde?”
Thalyssra: “From all our allies Liadrin, you showed us the most compassion and understanding about our current situation and what we had to go through to gain our freedom again. It would be an honor to give it a try. Bring me to Silvermoon for the official terms of our new Alliance.”

Tada. Would have been easy for Blizzard.

2 Likes

As much as I dislike Liadrin. Pretty much, yeah. Why would this have been so difficult? These characters are borderline immortal, and they’re this immature so far into their development? It’s just bad writing.

1 Like

[Insert rant about High Born being backstabbers]

Blizz are consistent at times, esp with the High Born imho…but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

3 Likes

On the plus side Blizzard definitely nailed the hypocritical aspect of the Nightborne.

4 Likes

Don’t mind me, I’m just reminding everyone that the nightborne debacle (together with Liadrin herself) would not exist if the Alliance listened to few simple words from a simple man:

“Never trust an elf!”

8 Likes

We should raise Garithos, brother! He will show those treacherous fools the wrath of justice!

Propably Garithos just hated elves because he was dumped by a Highelf girl once.

a) You are undead
b) you are an elf too.

What will you do when he starts killing you instead? Saying thank you?

A Highelf kicked his dog probally.

Grand Magistrix Elisande insults the Kaldorei by calling them “like trolls” i found this funny as the Nightbourne were about to get into bed with the Horde.

Using one race to justify joining a big alliance like the Horde and the Alliance is silly. You have to look at the bigger picture…however i do look forward to Shal’dorei being “buddies” with trolls and orcs.

Look how the Shal’dorei view other races in general…the Blood elves might be seen as equal…but Forsaken, Orcs, Trolls and Tauren…nope not even a little.

4 Likes

Well if he starts purging the enemy side, we can have THREE xpacs of Garithos memes about purging the Horde. And morally grey Alliance!

Or worked with the naga and betrayed the Grand Alliance…

So did or did not Garithos have authority over the Alliance then? YOu seem to switch it every time it is more convenient to say something different.

2 Likes

Well to be fair… why couldn’t immortal, inhuman beings behave immaturly? Old humans certaily can behave that way. Wisdom doesn’t always come with age, and if you gave an 80-year old the hormonal chaos of an eternal teenager, I’m not sure his age would help that much against that.

Let’s be more charitable than Blizzard deserves and just see Elves generally as petty, emotional beings, prone to making decisions on a whim. If you see it like this… many stupid decisions make much more sense.

Indeed, isn’t this kind of the classical model for elves? Celtic stories about elven creatures certainly make them seem more capricious and selfish than wise, no matter how long they live, and their unchanging basic nature is often a plot point.

4 Likes