Tyrande was mean to me!

Yep, and all of them would be ripped apart by Jaina, Tyrande, Malfurion in a 1:1 battle.
And the Garrosh we fought was empowered by Y’sheraaj

Tyrande (moonbuff), Jaina (Staff), Varian (Lo’gosh), Anduin (Magic bones) say hello!

And Thrall earned his powers through a lifetime of service for the Elements., while the Alliance just uses Talent and human potential!

According to this theory, Tyrande earned her power by a lifetime of service to Elune, Jaina by a lifetime of studying and Varian by a life-time of serving the Alliance.

But you probably knew that, right?

3 Likes

I don’t think Jaina would survive an axe to the throat, tbh.

I’ll give you Tyrande.
But the powers of a Wildgod and a Titan-keeper Staff have nothing to do with Service to anyone, while being the earthwarden can be explained by serving the Earth.

She would just freeze them, or take her Arcane-Battleship to kill them.

I don’t really care what you will give me. A thing is not bad only when it isn’t in your favor.

I’m just arguing about:

Wich is a problem for both sides, and much worse on the Alliance side in my oppinion.
Thats why the Alliance has at least 3 Characters on a PHENOMENAL powerlevel, while the Horde has arguably 1 (2 if you count Thrall who lost his powers).

1 Like

By making errors of all possible kinds? You sure are making a brilliant case, carry on.

Please, enlighten me, where have i erred?

Gimme a sec, mythic plus.

1 Like

good loot :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

Leave Britney alone.

1 Like

Having a character who has powers as the plot demands does make comparing the character’s powers with others kind of pointless

1 Like

So, anyway, yeah.

Thrall is a perfectly valid example, and you make lore errors to justify it. Like, lore-wise, he escaped into the mountains of Alterac and the elements were like “Damn bro, you are great”. No hard work, no tutelage, no anything.

Two seconds later, he’s razing Durnholde keep with earthquakes.

If that’s not a mirror to human potential, I don’t know what it is, and that’s without him becoming Super-orc in Cataclysm.

You have Nathanos being super-overpowered for the Darkshore thing, and even temporarily overpowering the post ritual Tyrande.

You can’t pin a problem that exists on both sides to one side. You can not butcher lore to justify your own side.

1 Like

Fella, we’re on the story forums.

3 Likes

Sorry, am a tad tipsy.

1 Like

Didn’t remember it that way, if it was that way it’s as bad as a 30 year old human being the most powerful mage alive, or a Human King being empowered by a Wild God who is revered by Elves and Orcs…

As far as i remember he only was able to slow her down until the ritual was finished, and retreated after she killed the Val’kyr. And he wasn’t alone there.

I just mirrored the Argument of Mion that Horde characters are superpowered snowflakes without character development.
It wasn’t meant as a general argument but specifically against this claim.

ps. How was your loot? :wink:

pss. Going to M+ in a few minutes, not sure if i’m lucid enough to answer after that, usually we do 3+ hours of M+ and stop between 22:00 and 23:00^^

2 Likes

Point is, if you want an excuse to justify something, you will find it. But its not realistic, especially in a story which is really, really, really bad.

Like, these over-powered characters are basically lazy excuses which are used instead of proper development, so when you argue that one side has more of them, you are basically arguing that one side has a worse story.

How did Sailor Jaina make the Alliance look at the siege of the Undercity?

I get it, aye.

Got my healing trinket, so great! I wish you good loot too!

2 Likes

Wednesday zandalari druid on the way. Vengeance for Rastakhan! Those alliance :dog: will pay. Specifically Proudmoore and Greymane :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair here, Alliance does have much more powerful characters then Horde, by far. But considering the races Alliance gets to play its pretty clear why.