Tyrannical

Hello,

Just adding another post to the ever growing list of people having issues with Tyrannical.

Issues from this buffing adds because they’re part of boss fights (Mueh’zala) to making bosses hit stupidly hard and taxing on tanks with their tank busters (Gorechop/Mordretha) to compounding a bosses mechanics (Ventunax, aka bullet hell). Sure, fortified too has its problems, but those problems are kiteable, ccable, interruptable, stunnable, slowable, burstable; bosses are not.

There’s far too many instances of this affix ruining the dungeon, not a single other affix ruins dungeons like tyrannical. (I mean, necrotic isn’t so bad with kyrian vial, plus those dwarf race change dollars ey blizzard?)

Thoughts? Feelings? Does anyone enjoy ccing blobs in their +17 plaguefall or does this affix need to make like the dodo and become extinct?

2 Likes

Tyraniical scalling cause of the Prideful buff is just so dumb. Like Kyrian tools in NW. It shoul be a small bonus not so mandatory.
If you fail just one time = your key is over. Cause no pride/ no bl etc …
It’s not fun, it’s a meta comp calling , it’s ultrapunishing.
The difference with fortified week is too big compare to Legion/ bfa and SL Tyra’ runs are too dependant of the Prideful season affix. We can’t play with it we are bound to it in a very bad way.

As much as I agree, I think that’s their normal way of work, aka responding to the player base, with clear balance issues. Remember how the M+ evolved throughout it’s existence?

In Legion, tyrannical was very hard, and fortified was I would say atleast 50% easier, as many Legion bosses had hard mechanics and insane damage (Lower and upper Kara, Cathedral, Seat, BRH etc…). This meant, that the tyrannical affix was avoided, and fortified was preffered. Alot of people were whining how they don’t want hard bosses but more equal experience.

They listened, but made errors. BFA came, and the dungeons were now difficult on fortified, rather than tyrannical, because most of the bosses (not all), were target dummies, while trash required carefull pulling, shrouding, atleast 3, if not even 4 interrupts, kiting, CCing etc (Siege of Boralus, Tol Dagor, Shrine of the Storm etc.) Ofcourse players whined how poorly designed the dungeons are, and ofc Blizzard responded with off balancing once again.

Although in all fairness, the dungeons even on tyrannical are now way easier than they were before (the flat hp nerf), especially after NW nerfs, SD nerfs, DOS nerfs etc. I think it was a step in the right direction, as Hakkar, Amarth, Globgrob and others are now killable even without prideful or BL with the tyrannical nerf. The only problem to now balance, is enviromental affixes in SD (sanguine, storming). Rest is fine by me (not too hardcore, not a +19 pusher by any means managed to do KSM myself etc.)

What if they made that if you wipe on boss on tyranical week BL excaution debuff is removed similiar how it is in raid after wipe on boss.

Or mybe boss doesn;t instantly regen to full health but slowly regenrate over time.
Atm bigest issue with tyranical is if you wipe on boss chances to time the key is close to non.

2 Likes

Executor Tarvold in Sanguine Depths is just silly too. The amount of damage that boss is doing , especially on tyrannical weeks is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Yeah and when in pugs the one who gets debuff stands inside the party it’s even more fun.

You can at least outrange castigate… Point being there are some bosses that will literally one shot you even when doing mechanics right on tyrannical which isn’t the case on fortified.

That is a problem work tyrannical for sure.

But i can get it, if it’s too much dmg, that means that i’m pushing over what i can manage.
What i cannot get it of this season is how fundamentally impossibile is to time a key if you wipe on a boss and lose prideful and every other bonuses.
Essentially a tyra week is a one shot run, it’s either fine or not, there is no real chanche to recover.

1. I would say 20% should be sufficient for both week’s affixes
  2. that being said, people still need to know some basics

I say that as a healer since 50% of the time, if not more, I spend time fixing other people’s errors, always get the blame, and on top of that, wt* is it with tanks these days, not waiting for a decent mana regen and then go nuts when my mana ran out before/during prideful…

Tyrannical was just recently nerfed because of the massive outcry of the community. It was sometimes tough but still fine before the nerf and is most definitely fine in its current state.

World first Keystone Master (all +15’s) was completed with no players above 200 item level, and many dungeons with between 185-190 item level - before all of the dungeon tuning that took place. (yes I know it was fortified week when they did it)

The content is borderline too easy at the moment for the reward it gives in the Vault. If you don’t believe me you can check out the Spires 15 I did yesterday with a 185 item level tank, which got a +2.

That is sort of the VDH perk, of course. And with enough dps from 224 ilvl players (yes i know you are the healer), a tank does not need to survive for that long, while also being able to kite very well :wink:

1 Like

Completely agree lol. De Other Side bosses seems like a complete joke on fort compared to tyrannical. Can’t believe keys seem way easier on affixes like sang+ grievous than tyrannical+ explosive.

The punishment for failing is just substantially higher on tyrannical than fortified, simply because a boss is fully reset if you wipe, and you start from scratch. If you die on trash after killing 6/10 mobs you can at least pick up where you left off, so the time lost is much lower.

On fortified weeks you always have the option to adjust accordingly on trash to what your group can do. Maybe pull 1 pack instead of 2, or CC some of the scariest mobs. There is no variable in the players hands to change a boss encounter outside of major cooldowns such as bloodlust and the prideful buff, not to mention if you wipe those options are gone.

I’m not against nerfing tyrannical boss HP with another 10%, but as long as there is such a big difference in time lost between dying on trash vs bosses, it’s always going to be an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.