Tyrant, EP and Implosion

Whats the ideal way to go if you have tyrant up but your EP is running out? Do you implode 3+ imps or wait for tyrant to fade to maximize the extra imp time you get from your tyrant?

Although i do not entirely know how tyrant affects the imps (does it add energy?) and if the extra 15% damage from the tyrant affects implosion, I would say implode: implosion will deal, at worse, 90% of the damage the improved imps would deal. Therefore, the extra haste seems much more relevant.

EP>build to 5> tyrant rotation>tyrant>HoG>EP

1. You refresh EP right before entering your build phase.

2. Your build phase should last the majority of the EP duration.

3. Your EP should need refreshing almost immediately after you summon Tyrant, so you EP 3 Imps very early in it’s duration. If you summon your Tyrant and have a long duration left on your EP, you build phase was poor and you need to prepare for it better by building shards and banking procs.

A rule of thumb is Tyrant -> HoG -> wait -> Implosion, but this can vary depending on what instant casts you have available, how long is left on your EP and if you have Soul Conduit or Demonic Meteor. Many of my Tyrants end up being Tyrant -> HoG -> Soul Strike/Demonic Core -> HoG -> Implosion simply because of refunds in the build-phase resulting in spare procs and extra time left on EP.

the idea is so dumb, I even dont bother to think about it :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.