Unable to transmog Legion Artifact

Hello,

on my Warlock i am unable to mog the demonology artifact (dagger) onto my sword. I can see the gold costs and the sound for successful transmogification is played but i neither pay any money nor does anything happen to the sword. I can mog other swords onto the sword. I am in the demonology spec and tried this multiple times over the day with and without addons.

Thanks in advance

Hello Yarka,

For more info about this and common causes, have a look at this page:

You can also find more general info that applies to all transmog here:

Can you transmog daggers onto swords now? You didn’t used to be able to.

Only if the sword is the artifact. In the OP’s case, the Dagger is the artifact which you are quite right, cannot be mogged into a sword.

This does not really work. If i switch to Affliction i can mog the artifact onto my onhand and offhand. If I go demonology I can mog the off-hand to the skull but the onhand not to the dagger. But I can mog another sword onto the sword. The strange thing is that I can select the dagger and the price to mog is shown, but it does not apply if i click accept.

I’ve come to think of it this way, there are 2 appearances for the Legion Artifacts.

1 - from the artifact pane, will be spec specific and will completely override the weapon(s) you have on and ignore all weapon type restrictions. If you change spec, the appearance will disappear.

2 - from the normal weapon slot pane, you can chose the appearance but it will have normal restrictions. This splits dual wield artifacts into 2 individual appearances.

So with the OP’s example, use the Artifact pane to apply the appearance to your offhand and you will look like you have the dagger on. This will only work within Demo.

But this did works two patches before in Shadowlands. For Druids and other classes that’s still working.
So it’s easily broken and Blizzard is doing nothing to fix that.

Thats my opinion to that.
And it is very very very annoying.

Artifact transmogs was be able to overwrite the weapons everytime.

Also there was no need to change that.

Please do not bump old threads. The original OP was confirmed to be a known issue with the Demonogy artifact.