Undead Nelfs in 8.3 (spoilers)

What are u talking about? Im intrigued

1 Like

Personally, I feel that the Forsaken (and the theme of undeath in general) have lost their image completely. What’s the difference between a regular night elf and an undead night elf? Does undeath have any effect on the personality whatsoever? Zelling seemed to be just as humane in undeath as he was in life. Meanwhile, in classic we see Forsaken struggling to maintain the bonds they felt in life, whilst having no trouble at all to feel things like hatred and revenge.

With Zelling as an example, would it not have been far more interesting to see his feelings for his family fade? And to watch him struggle and come to terms with it? He’d wake up from death feeling obligated to help his family and then slowly starting to question as to why he should care at all. Horrific and tragic stuff, much more suitable for a “forsaken”.

5 Likes

Comparing The Dark rangers of the High elves to the Night Elf’s ones.

Helfs - fallen helfs who were risen by the scourge and had no free will, killed there people because they had no choice.

Nelfs - fallen nelfs who were risen by the forsaken and had free will, they turned on and killed there people because
they were mad that they were killed, ok then so wouldn’t it make more sense to fight the people who killed you? and not your own people?

In the end fallen helf rangers will always be better then these nelf ones, with the fallen helf rangers they actually have a tragic story to them they had no free will, and no choice in the actions they carried out while under the thumb of the Scourge.

The Fallen Nelfs however are just dumb. They have no excuse and attempting to write them as simply misguided lost souls who need help is a joke the same way the writing is leading the forsaken in general with this whole caila coming to save them arch, Can anyone please call this out to the writing team.

12 Likes

It’s Cole Phelps, badge 1247

Why the undead have to be necessary rotten skeleton/corpses?
Look at death knights, some can be made pretty. Nathanus and Sylvanus are both trash “forsaken”. Especially Nathanas being awfully written.

If I could go back to Horde as Night Elf I’d do it in a heartbeat but not if I look dead, but I’m an edgy DH so it’s not gonna happen. I miss my wolves.

Trust me, it is not only yours worst case. I, as a Horde player, am OK with those view undead night elves. But Calia
 its like WTF. It is an undead alliance princess
 with strong alignment to Alliance
 now comes out of nowhere and says: “Hey losers! I am your queen nao because reasons!” and the Horde: "YEA! N :ice_cream: "

Nice how the Expansion worked out. Alliance players are not amused. Horde players are not amused

5 Likes

They will never stop spitting on night elf fans

Somehow they just want to tell that we chose the wrong race

3 Likes

Hear, hear!

The only way for dead night elves is to side with their butchers and get p!ssed at their own people for some reason!
#ExpelNightElves #HushTyrande #ConsistentStory

1 Like

I mean all these hints and you still havent race-changed tch tch

Its clearly your fault! Dont worry Mechagnomes are incoming with broken OP racials for a mass Alliance migration of population.

Jump in!!

2 Likes

So
why did they join up with Sylvanas again? I would have been willing to accept it to a certain degree, if these night elves had seen some sort of “grand scheme” of Sylvanas or they did it in order to betray her later on or what not. There were possibilities even though all of them would have been a stretch. But, a reason nonetheless.

But, apparently they joined their butcherer because “f*** reasons”.

4 Likes

With the way they’ve written Sylvanas and the Forsaken this expac, ie as irredeemable monsters I wish they’d just come out and say that it was some Val’kyr mind control all along. I mean really, mind control wouldn’t top Teldrassil on the scale of evil things we’ve seen them do and it would make perfect sense.

2 Likes

Who is to say galywix isnt leader of horde already.
He is certainly rich enough to buyout the horde

Well for example as far as Sira and Delaryn are concerned in the short Darkshore scenario, they believe Maiev and Tyrande abandoned them and didnt show up in time to prevent their deaths, and they believe Elune abandoned them also to allow this to happen.

Pretty valid to believe that after ur dead, risen and Teldrassil is burned along with several people, no?

That’s all fine and dandy, but it still doesn’t explain why they would join up with the one responsible for the whole thing in the first place, and then start killing their own people.

I mean Sylvanas was angry as hell towards Arthas, when she became a banshee and didn’t happily tag along.

10 Likes

Uhm, cause Elune abandoned them, they are dead/undead now and as such not accepted into nelf society again and Tyrandes translation of “You must fight the Darkness within you sisters” is pretty much= I will grant you a swift death so you dont have to be Undead anymore.

Which in turn kicks off survival instincts and resentment?

Pretty much like every Forsaken story there is on the questmap

That’s still not an explanation, why they would join with the butcherer of their people. “Elune abandoned us so let’s join the one who gave the order to invade and burn our home!” I mean
what?

I really cannot see a correlation between the statement that they have to fight the darkness within their hearts to “I will grant you a swift death”.

I mean I can understand Sira, but only because her quotes, as soon as she is undead, portray her as a whiny-edgy-teenage-girl.

12 Likes

First of know that I am only doing corrrelarions here to justify it, and not “defending” Blizz writing, as it could have been better with more depth.

But the staple standard as far as Forsaken go is: people who have been raised as Undead against their will, lost their lives, their home and are not accepted by society.

The Alliance hunted them down, and Forsaken are the very definition of outcasts.

Now it is important to note here that just because now Anduin and Calia are fine with it because they met Faol, a large part of Society is not. In “Before the Storm” even relatives of Forsaken refused to go to the meeting, or travelled to Arathi and then chickened out. We can assume this implies that a large part (majority) of society, simply IS NOT ready to accept them and perceives them as monsters.

This has happened for many years, and nobody is really a stranger to this.

So assuming you are an Alliance guy, whose majority perceives Forsaken as monsters to killed, and suddenly due to circumstance, you are made Forsaken, bitter, left to die by those you trusted and lost your house or loved ones. In my opinion, it is the logical thing to do siding with whoever is now your Race and kin (Forsaken) to survive first and foremost and then figure out how the hell did all that happen.

Thats how I justify it. Complete? Maybe not entirely.

Could have been better explained? Yes,

Does it make sense? Yes, it kind of does

Lilian Voss killed her own family and there are countless more examples of Forsaken tragic stories. Its not unlikely for a Forsaken to turn to their own if they wont accept them OR hold them responsible for the fate they met.

Any source for this? Also, I am gonna toss another comparison here. If you justify undead night elves, you justify Calia.

If undead night elves make sense, so does she. You can’t argue against lore butchery only when your own butt is on the line.

Not to mention Maiev and Tyrande literally beg them to step down.

12 Likes

Dude just do Forsaken questlines and also Lilian Voss story.

Also another source as I mentioned, is “Before the Storm” so yeah read that too.

Also, I never said Calia is not justified. She is. What people complain is maybe she doesnt fit, but hey if the Horde can be redeemed and can go from Blackhand to Thrall, maybe Forsaken can too. I am not really against Calia, but just pretty sure that she will bring a shtshow of some kind to the Forsaken.

I did, those Scarlets don’t look like Alliance to me. Unless you are implying the Alliance attack on Silverpine after the Forsaken attacked Gilneas is some sort of strange hunting fascination?

I read it, burden of proof on you. Appropriate page and quote.

You do understand that it is insanely irritating to listen to people parroting “The Alliance hunted Forsaken” after what happened in Cataclysm?

Like, its not enough Sylvanas wiped the remnants of Lordaeron’s humanity, we gotta listen how those poor farmers actually hunted Forsaken and had it coming, which also retroactively justifies everything Sylvanas does in BFA, apparently.

Pardon the rant, but I get sick whenever someone writes that.

3 Likes

I always thought that the reasons for them to join the Forsaken and be all onboard the whole “Death” thing, were somehow tied to some information they were privy to but didn’t share with us. Something like “You don’t understand, but we have a reason to do this now
”

Wasn’t that hinted at when asking them directly as Horde after said quests?

Did Blizzard drop entirely that line of story with the new 8.3 info?

Genuine question, I’m not to date with the PTR Datamining.