Undead Nelfs in 8.3 (spoilers)

It wasn’t stupid. It was great. The fact that you call those acts stupid is why I am doubting your statements. The death knights acted like … death knights, without getting caught in the morality or politics of factions. That was not stupid, in fact it might be the smartest thing.

Would you like me to remind you what Thassarian told Orbaz Bloodbane? I think his words apply to this situation.

Yes, I am sure that alienating your allies by going to a place you got your butts kicked before by the Light to steal some corpse was brilliant. I mean, I guess the DKs forgot that Light’s Hope has an OP presence below it. /s

About the brotherhood? How exactly does this scenario apply to the undead night elves exactly? Them rejoining the Forsaken would be like having the Ebon Blade rejoin the Scourge. Again, the night elves were willing to accept them back. Everyone spat on the death knights before Varian/Thrall told them not to.

1 Like

I don’t think they forgot since I seem to remember them mentioning it, they just tried a different tactic, ultimately ineffective but that’s how things get done. And alienating their allies? Their alliance with the Argent Crusade was in a figurative coma since WOTLK and it died with Tirion.

Yeah, like the Ebon Blade would ever work with the Lich King willingly. Outrageous.

That’s not the impression Tyrande gave me. And what makes you think they want to go back. Maybe they hate the nelfs guts and the only people left who wouldn’t judge them on their condition are those who share that condition.

Nice try. But they were ALLIED with the Lich King. They didn’t rejoin the Scourge.

Didn’t Tyrande herself state this? As for them hating night elf guts, it would be a bit weird, since they spent who knows how many years forging strong bonds with the other night elves.

They just did what the Lich King said, but hey, at least they didn’t join the Scourge. So let’s apply the same logic to Undead Nelfs, they don’t have to “join” the Forsaken, just do what they say.

I don’t know. Did she? And even so, if it’s not a mutual feeling then what’s the point? And yeah, people get upset and part ways even after a lifetime of “bonding” without involving undeath.

1 Like

Fair points. I don’t agree with you, but I respect your views. Let’s agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Not sure if someone pointed this out but, one more reason why these Undead nelfs are dumb.

Remember Marcus Redpath from south shore, when the guy gets turned by the forsaken what does he do as an alliance solider?

That’s right he turns on the people who killed him and raised him from the grave.
As he is angry at what the forsaken had done to him.

But for some reason when Nelfs get risen they auto which sides and kill there own people because they are angry?

2 Likes

Well, you know…Ten Thousand years is a looooong time to build up some grudges :wink:

2 Likes

He’s a human, he has a stronger willpower and mental fortitude than smurfs. It’s not really that surprising.

1 Like

As were the Forsaken at what Arthas did to them.

Or maybe that will get retconned so that all they wanted in Northrend was to get noticed by Arthas Senpai.

1 Like

you evil monsters, you’re killing my people!
5 minutes later:
I am slightly paler now, let’s ally to the guys that killed me and my people, and let’s kill my own people together, because they didn’t defend themselves hard enough.

4 Likes

I just did this on the PTR they show more Night Elves, and only one Undead Blood Elf with them with a very Night Elfish name, they are all walking in formation , and not mounted, previously they were on blue demondog mounts

you forgot to add one thing . “Because of reasons!”

1 Like

They are probably planned as the next horde allied race. They appear in what is (as far as I know) a horde only quest, if they wanted to foreshadow them being Alliance I suppose they would talk to Tyrande instead, and if they wanted to write them out of the story, then they would just continue to be Sylvanas lackies and die in the next expansion.

I quote Tyrande after she saw the Night Elves raised ‘‘You must fight the shadows in your hearts sisters’’ She even sensed their ‘‘confusion’’
when Delaryn replies with ‘‘We have nothing left now,we are Forsaken’’ Tyrande angrily called the moon to kill the Valkyr. Tyrande was trying to reason with them, and Maiev did the same in the warfront at first with Sira.
You are now defending a sacrilege of bad writing, I can’t believe someone who is not trolling would write this.

2 Likes

Oh please. Any writing that isn’t about how awesome Nelfs are is bad writing to you. And of course, anyone who does not praise nelfs must be trolling.

You probably never noticed from your nelf tree, but this is what Forsaken are. In fact, generally speaking this is what undead are. They tend to stick to each other. Even more so, the Forsaken.

1 Like

Are you serious? this is not about Night Elves in general, it is about the fallen Night Elves that got raised and caused outrage by the entire fanbase with their behavior, most horde players even agree.

The scourge disagrees with you,Godfrey disagrees,forsaken free will disagrees, you are contradicting yourself and ignoring key points such as joining an enemy that killed you, ignoring the fact that they were fighting for their people for days. This 360 degrees shift even after Tyrande and Maiev wanted to reason and take them back is a joke!

Stop defending mediocre writing and making up irrelevant points to justify one of the biggest abominations in lore, if you actually believe the cr@p you are writing than you deserve the butchering that the forsaken have endured and will endure in 8.3 and you deserve Calia as your queen !

2 Likes

Another for the list of reasons not to take nelf fans serious.

The majority is it? And what do they agree on. That the nelfs are following the same pattern as the rest of the Forsaken?

It’s amusing how you can’t accept someone turning against the nelf credo, nevermind actually choosing to oppose them. To you that’s abominable. Welcome to the Forsaken where being forsaken by those you valued is equally viable with the concept that those who value have forsaken you.

And what contradiction? The Scourge? When Arthas got offend some Scourge joined Sylvanas, not Stormwind or the Nelfs, some joined the Death Knights. Undead joining undead.
Godfrey sought to take control by assassinating Sylvanas cause she didn’t kill Crowley’s daughter but returned her. His followers were also, undead.
And the Forsaken what free will what?

Your whole outrage is based on the idea that someone refused the nelfs, those undead nelfs maybe have issues with Maiev and Tyrande, but you won’t consider that cause, well how can anyone have issues with bloody Tyrande. Give me a break with your nelf crap.

You want to complain about undead nelfs joining the Forsaken, how about the whole damned Horde joining Anduin without any undeath involved, complain about that writing if you want. Those who chose to become Forsaken sticking with other Forsaken is not an issue, aside you making it an issue cause they are… nelfs.

1 Like

Actually it is a bad writing, or poor writing. Blizzard gave Night Elves to the Horde.
But:

1. They did not explain why Night Elves decided to fight on the Horde side with their free will, against their own race, for whitch they die for.
  2. They did not explain why suddenly forsakens gain powers to rise any race, not only humans.
  3. They did not explain from where that Warden in Orgrimmar appeared, because story told only about 1 single Warden in Darkshores, that became undead.

Damn, if you click on Sira in game, she just tells you that she does not want to talk about her reasons. While Delaryn keeps saying that death is cold like some zombie.
Also, still only Night Elves beside humans became forsakens.

What that’s means? It means that writers just created those Undead Night Elves, to make a drama. To make a hype. To troll Night Elves fans. To force players to hate on forums.

And now, when the story ends, they just gave Night Elves to the “New Horde” without a real reason, because they just don’t know what to do with the mistake they did!

3 Likes