Unfair Random(/Epic) Battlegrounds

Hello there! I am writing this to get more attention to a major problem with alt gearing / newbie friendly gameplay.
If you are an alliance player (at least in the EU), 80% of your games will be the same:
You will have to face at least 5 enemy player with 220+ item level while ALL of your team are under 200 ilvl, or only 1 of your teammates is above 200.

There should be item level restrictions to make it fair, for example, 210+ ilvl people should not meet anyone below 210.
If it is not made by the reason of “long queue time”, then another solution to simply increase/decrease everyone’s item level to the SAME. So at least we will have around the same health & damage so then experience/skill will be the real matter.

I am sorry if this isn’t the right place to say it, my friends & me kept suggesting it for months, but nothing happened so i decided to show it here on the support forum.
Thanks for reading, i hope you agree.

(This is meant for Random Battlegrounds & Random Epic Battlegrounds, NOT rated.)

4 Likes

You mentioned both regular and epic bgs. In epic bgs what you are talking about is simply not happening. The Alliance have a slightly higher winrate than the Horde in epic bgs as well. Do epic bgs.

(Yes, I agree the system is trash and all that, and would welcome same gear for everyone, ilvl cap, whatever. But do epic bgs, gear there does not matter.)

and sub rogues still doing cc chains
and its still not nerfed
and killing ppl with high vers or mid(my alt had 28k hp and 15 vers vs his 26k)
thats unfair too

No. Its just random chance.

Wow pala complaining about oneshots. Thats rich.

wow still defending your sub rogue main
thats pathetic it will get nerfed too dw

ikr. Did arena last night, 30% vers, ret pala hits me for 23k final verdict crit followed by 15k wake of ashes crit.

Ret paladins are a part of the big issues going on in the game atm though.

yes blame ret who got nerfs
and not the final verdict legendary and a huge gear gap
and ignore the convoke druids and sub rogues killing you with full vers

We never ignored convoke druids or sub rogues though. We just specifically talked about ret paladins there.

Good luck with your troll attempts!

good luck with the complaints
rets got plenty of nerfs try again

1 Like

There are more things than verdict, but you are not really in a place to literally start a blametrain on a poor low lvl rogue while playing pala. You guys are plain broken.

what low level rogue? do you realise i talk about alliance sub rogues not horde
have you seen one with 40k health 1vs1 any of your teammates and win
even if your vers is 25/30?

yes about the battlegrounds i know there is huge gear gap and thats bad

I see that you put the topic into a totally different thing however this topic is about how unfair the battlegrounds are due to gear differences. No matter if its a paladin, warrior, mage or whatsoever. If a 40k health guy jumps on you with your 26k health, you will get rekt. Not to mention, it usually 5 of them on you at least while none of your teammates reach 40k health.
Please focus on this problem because that’s where alts & new players go to get PvP gear to be accepted in rated groups.
I also want to say that no matter if it’s epic or normal random battleground, the item level differences causing problems even if you are high experienced player.
Please Blizzard, fix this issue, just so simply by scaling the item levels to same within these bgs.
Stay nice guys!

2 Likes

The guys are right here, retri pally is a god-like stuff… the other strong classes are trully having more power than the rest, which means there is no “good” balance, and its a problem aswell, but i agree with Furionella, this topic is about battlegrounds where people (usually) move together and will be easily killing the overpowered classes together, so its rly just about the GEAR difference which happens to the alliance(seemingly, at least thats what they say in chats “typical alliance, losing again” without they checking the gear differences xd)
Of course it might be happening globally to everyone.

Yes its present and its stupid and frustrating and blizzard will do nothing about it. Numerous themes including yours and mine were made about the issue and guess what? Everyone with an intelligence above that of a dog predicted that scenario along with the scenario where adding the covenant abilities and soulbinds will not improve gameplay but make it worse instead. And guess what? Turns out those predictions were correct, but streamers and other “voices of community” were too loud with their hype and the average user cant be bothered to use their voice for voicing anything other than OH YEESSSS ITS BASTION HYPEHYPESUPERHYPE.
We’ve got negative selection over here and have little ways to influence it. We could try tho. And should try.

do you guys remember bgs in legion?
each win i remember getting a random glad piece
whether it was boots wrist belt helmet legs(think those were the pvp tier sets)
those were not locked behind rate

this was better than grinding honor to upgrade a full set from 158 ilvl to 197
because right now you face premades and others with 220+ and there is a big gear gap

1 Like

In my experience Alliance doesn’t know what to do at all in epic bg’s so i avoid them like a plaque.
Most epic bg’s alliance seems to try tactics that were obsolete already in 2010 and they still try that even if it doesn’t work for 100th time they still bang their head into a wall and expect an easy win and when it doesn’t happen in 10 seconds after the gates have opened the moaning starts.

2 Likes

Maxed a character last week, played 42 bg-s since then and now I have 7!!! 197 ilvl gear from the vendor. 9 more to go… feels like forever, not to mention how unfun and discouraging it is to play with no gear against max gear people, when they kill you in 1 sec. The amount of honor we need to grind to get the 158 lvl gear and get everything to 197 ilvl and being utterly useless in the process is waaaaay too high.

Not to mention being 197 ilvl in this part of the season is garbage too when there is so much difference between being 197 <-> 213 <-> 220 geared.

The only time it was fun and chill when played with some real life friends, we were still useless due to gear, but at least playing the bg was a nice side activity while talking. Alone it is horrible, no wonder people keep leaving the bgs, when you have to suffer being farmed and spit on for 20 mins for 300-400 honor when you are outgeared.

On the other hand, when we lost to a similarly geared team -while still frustrating as is losing in general- I felt at least I could contribute with some kills/heals/capping/carrying flag.

What I’d do is remove the from factions random bg-s (we already have this with mercenary anyway), have all people in one pool and sort them to two teams based on roles. (Important for queue times) Make brackets based on gear. *Example: |0 - 158 | 159 - 200 | 200 - 227 |*Or something similar, we don’t need too much brackets because of the low amount of players, but I feel separating the 220 geared people from the fresh alts/new players would encourage more people to join and have better experience overall.

1 Like

Hello there! I feel with you, as a player that is new to wow and havent rly played wow alot in the past either. When it comes to regular bgs, i doubt it will ever change, regular bgs just doesnt matter 2 much. Its a long honor grind to get 197 ilvl as someone who got a regular job and mby wife/child. But eventually you will get there. I just did 1 win each day of every bg to get the bonus reward. Then i logged off. Ive played many mmos, and wow is actually not that time consuming if u can focuse on one character. In the end ur gonna run out of content. Just stay positive and save ur frustration when you get conquest gear and you want to upgrade it, not only do you have to face 220+ players at 1.3k+ cr. But alot of them are also glad players. And if you dont have any friends to play with, also dealing with the toxic lfg players can be draining haha. So regular bgs is just fine in my opinion

Not just an alliance issue. Same for horde as well. I face the same when I’m playing, whether on my main or alt.