Unlock all servers please

Everything is in the title.

Add 1 more layers if you want, but please open all servers.

4 Likes

unlock them all, 3 months lock is shameful blizzard

And? 2-4h queue? Bots racing to hit 60 on new accounts? multiple copies of world bosses? Layer-duplicated amount of black lotus and other stuff?

Well, if people want retail mega-servers they can handle 30-100k with sharding and people constantly moving in and out of shards…

Wasn’t supposed to be more vanilla like than retail like?

I wouldn’t bother if I was you, they all think Blizzard are locking realms that are not full and are doing it to annoy players.

The best thing Blizzard can do is monitor realms and unlock them when the population allows it. These people want the 6-7 hour queues back on realms by unlocking them all.

6 - 7 hour ques lmao. ashbringer had a 30 min que on a sunday at peak raiding time during corona hours… and its still locked

1 Like

And the queues on ALL the others realms, you think 30 minutes was the most? I remember people trying to log in and coming back from work and they were still in the queue. You have such a selective memory.

Oh yes, btw I’m talking Pre coronavirus.

you think its not possible maybe but its possible to do 10k pop without layers

just need more powerful machine

Maybe, but then everything would feel way overcrowded. The world was designed with a much lower concurrent cap than 10k!

I think it’s not possible, the servers would slow to a crawl and the queues would be horrendous.

I stopped playing on Ashbringer due to the world being completely dead and WPvP being non-existant. Im sure other servers are in a similar boat.

ok mr professor

The problem is no one is out in the world any longer.
Only people that are playing are raidloggers.
Our server dropped 30% since it was locked and it only had a 20 min queue when ZG opened. It definitely didn’t need to be locked.
Now there are multiple servers with higher pop that are open but Blizzard always take 6 months to make a change.

Population websites are notoriously bad at getting the correct numbers. They rely on people uploading their data and if no one does then that’s a full raid not on there. Also Layers affect levelling zone populations. On a realm that’s full but not locked I still see a lot of people in the levelling zones.

On my server several guilds colapsed, it’s more and more difficult to find ppl to raid with, the world feels very empty… according to ironforgepro, the pop dropped by 40%!!! SERVERS NEEDS UNLOCKING NOW!!!

• remove paid transfer
  • remove layers
  • revert black lotus fix
  • remove cross-realm bgs
  • open free, faction based transfers

Watch all the population issues and faction balance issues resolve themselves.

Yes, resolve into monofaction realms, BL spawn camping and people wanting to move to large realms, mostly to the dominant faction if PvP.

Monofaction realms = no ranking.

The main issue imo with classic is that the new devs understand people even less than the old ones.

Monofaction, med pop realm is optimal in classic because it enables no gank farming.

Balanced realm with med/high was optimal in Vanilla, because you could farm and do BGs.

Look at forum threads, reddit and alike. People want to join mega realms, they dont want low and medium. They want most popular ones to be unlocked… And with no queue and lag, welcoming sharding needed to sustain such populations. This isn’t vanilla, this is Classic. Mega realms, boosting, multiboxing and farming.

Sadly…

People want mega realms bacause all the downsides to megarealms have been removed. If you do what I said,those downsides are back in.

People don’t care about queues, layers, lag. They want to go to a mega realm because it’s big, popular, they can buy boost cheaply, their “friends” are there and so on. On launch there were realms with no queue yet people didn’t really rushed there and stayed on their high pop high queue realms. Then there were various transfer options, which only worked for minority faction to transfer out if at all.

Not so long ago a Horde guild transfered to Nethergarde Keep where I’m playing and they transfered from even a smaller realm.

People won’t play on 2-3k realms and there won’t be any faction balance. Additionally realms are already old, people are raidlogging/ranking and any change to realms structure won’t do much and 99% people intending to play Classic from 1 to endgame is already playing and are self-sufficient as a guild. If you transfer now as a whole guild you will have even bigger problems with recruiting, you won’t be able to complete the Scarab Lord quest and you won’t get any other benefits.

Where as if you are on a low/medium size realm you likely are raiders starved and you want to move to a big realm to get new raiders in. If you want to level fresh you go to reddit and ask which boosts are worth buying (shows up every day) and you go to a realm where it’s most prolific - big realms.

1 Like