Unlock Gehennas for people who already have established characters there

If you already have a level 50? 60? 80? character on Gehennas then I suggest you can transfer your alts there. It will not affect server queue (which there are none). I want to play with my guild and friends.

1 Like

So what is the validation for being able to transfer new characters there when you already have an alt, versus transfering your characters there when you don’t have an alt?

I think the server should be fully openend, I’m just curious what the argument is between the two of them.

The reasoning behind this suggestion is that, if they already have characters on the server, they are already calculated in the server load. One account, only one character can be logged in at a time. So what difference does it make if they transfer an alt? People with characters on the server can already create fresh characters or even boost a character, but you can’t bring over an alt? Why?

As for opening up Gehennas specifically; it’s not going to happen. The server will experience huge queues with its current locked population when future content releases, there’s no way they will let it get worse now. They’ve taken a stance against mega servers since the pre-patch queue issues

“At this point however, we believe the time has come to end the concept of a mega-realm”

2 Likes

They don’t care and never will, we have this issue since May, it’s been 6 months and they did nothing
why do you think they will do something now?

Ah, that’s because people rather play on that other alt character than they would on the so called ‘established’ one, plus people would log-into several characters to the dailies and the dungeon/raid-locks. Thus increasing the total log-in time if they allow that extra transfer.

True for those people that would rather log off than make an alt I suppose. I know I am just remaking my characters begrudgingly without all of my old gear/collectibles anyway

The character I want to move had real life money spent on boosting it in tbc. Feels very unfair to have this money just wasted. My character is on a dead server where there were 2 people queued for naxx when I looked.

Very good point well made.

I think a lot of players are starting to regret rolling PvP on a Mono Faction Mega Server - especially as Blizz have removed multiple layers - although they have not announced why.

Perhaps some folk will take the free transfer paths open to them rather than complaining about the ones that are not

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.