Unpopular opinion - Plate tanks in SL

Hi, thats only my personal opinion but i want to share it with all of you so maybe i found some people agree (or not) and open a little deabatable idea (please stay away if your intentions are trolling or just blame along this thread).

The main thing is i feel plate armor tanks are not working as intended. I mean, the damage absortion provided by plates are being considered as an advantage or defensive extra who other tanks doesnt have, when its really not true.
Obviously it provides some armor=extra absortion to physical attacks, but other tanks have another ways to compensate it and them results more effective.

Thats why i feel plate tanks are in general more weak than leather tanks this exp.

BD = big hp pool, low mobility, big heals but big intaken damage who causes pug healers a headache cuz its hard to know when they really needs big heals or can heal themselves (specially if u dont know the class), making them hard to heal when out of cd and very undesiderable tanks if u go +10 keys.

Paladin = low hp pool, low mobility, big damage, big heals and high intake damage overall, making them gods for low keys but suffering on high ones cuz they cant kite properly or heale themselves enought fast.

Warriors = low hp pool, low damage, low intske damage during cd but squishy as other plate tanks when SB or IP are on cd or not rage, and he doesnt heal.

Leather tanks maybe have lesser armor mitigations, but this is hard countered by hp pools (in some cases), mitigations CD, extra mobility and the capacity of selfheals.

In my opinion all tanks should have lesser selfhealth and let healers do the work they love, this would be a hard nerf to DK and Paly, so for this reason, plates should provider more mitigation damage to compensate this. Maybe increase some anti magical cd to all tanks in compensation too.

*Sorry, english is not my 1st lenguaje.

You forgot that warriors and paladins have block and block value ,something that other ones don’t.
So yeah armor is not full story.

It’s not really a popular or unpopular opinion, its just an uninformed one.

For instance, paladins pretty much have a perma 50% slow which allows them to kite more than well enough.

I think armor became meaningless somewhere around WotlK where you could get 1 shotted by a Destruction Warlock’s Chaos Bolt crit.

Nowadays in Arenas even with fairly average gear, if I find a newbie pala or warrior and they dunno how to play their class well, I completely obliterate them as a monk. And I’M the squishy one!

armor should not be considered an “advantage” plate has over non-plate tanks, it’s just how mitigation works on certain classes.

For instance, in vanilla druid was a leather class with 360% increased armor in bear form and additional HP over warrior, but also didn’t have any block or CDs and had to rely on dodge %.

Point is you shouldn’t look at armor alone when you decide if your damage mitigation is good enough or not.

Yes, thats the problem.
I think devs are considering armor as advantage when is not, and classes with less base armor have tools to “compensate” that make them better that plate tanks

I don’t think that’s the issue, I think the kiting meta is, which favors tanks like DH, while plate tanks like warriors and DK aren’t doing great due to being unable to face tank a lot of stuff, and have low mobility.

They already nerfed trash in m+ in order to shift the kiting meta, but imo it wasn’t enough. Tanks need to be able to face tank more stuff than they are atm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.