Unpopular Opinions

I’d imagine that two downer debbys would love to have pessimistic gutterspeaky talks about everything sucks.

Maybe I’m just weird but now I just think most relationships in-game are weird. Darianuth’s, for example, feels jarring to me, because him and his wife never shapeshift. Just two … loving wolfpeople. That’s weird to me. :tired_face: I guess because I don’t see worgen as the staple to love. More monstrous beastfolk who take their form to rip their opponents apart.

Like Tehya said, it’s usually the execution, I suppose!

ACHTWUALLY! His wife does use her human form sometimes, about 50/50. Darianuth stays in worgen form because he’s a cripple in his human form and would rather deal with a bit of extra body hair than be stuck in a wheelchair, and his wife doesn’t mind wolf-mode at all so he sees no reason to change form.

Also it’s more or less canon that people can casually chill in worgen form now, largely as we see worgen civilians both in Legion and BfA and such. But of course it likely comes down to the individual and how they perceive their worgen form. Some view it as a weapon to only be drawn when necessary, others just see it as a part of themselves.

Indeed it is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True, there’s an extra stigma of it for Blood Elves.
Since Blood Elves are usually considered attractive, it’s often assumed people make them lesbian or bi because guys want some girl on girl action.
Or girls want some hot belf hunk action, there are plenty of male on male belf relationships as well, I notice.

However it can be interesting, too.
How do the characters feel about the fact that they do not contribute to their races’ reproduction, in the High or Blood Elves case.
Will they adopt an orphan? Will they stay childless forever, to die, watching their race wither away?
That’s stuff I would make a lesbian or gay blood/high elf character be troubled about.
Or in the case of Void Elves, does it matter? Don’t know if they can even -have- children, so they might just think “screw it, cant have children, might as well not give a damn about whether my partner is the same race or gender”.

What do you folks think?

I dunno about elves but I remember having a discussion about this with some tauren buddies.

Basically it’d vary tribe to tribe, but in most cases they’d be accepting of same sex relations (Spiritual bonds yadda yadda) so long as they sired at least one child at some point in their life time.

My char thinks the very way you’ve mentioned. She’s pretty sure her people can’t really have children and trying to have one is sort of pointless. With such in mind, Laurenn’d feel no pressure in finding male partner just for the sake of reproduction pretty much.

I think it makes complete sense. The Forsaken still feel love and there’s no reason why they wouldn’t share affection for another. They just absolutely wouldn’t be able to consummate it.

1 Like

/e squirts embalming fluid on u

2 Likes

S-stop it Mr. Deathblade

8 Likes

I’ve seen…pictures…

That Yrel was the most unintentionally funniest character that Blizz ever made.

Together

You know you can have children and still enjoy the same gender as well?

Why not? There are -significant- numbers of Forsaken (Desolate Council being the culmination of it) who emphatically reject Sylvanas’ cold, emotionless approach to things. Many of them accept what they are, but are not willing to let that change fundamentally how they behave.

This extends into relationships, of all the races on Azeroth I’d say the Forsaken are probably the one most accepting of same-sex relationships because as a race they cannot procreate, so the morality for “ew its not natural” utter nonsense flies out of the window when -none- of them can.
Really puts into perspective when there’s literally headcannon “laws” put into word documents out there that put a -death penalty- on Forsaken doing such things.

I dunno, seen more Trolls involved in dirty hijinks than any other race outside of Elves honestly. As a racial community Trolls are pretty insular on AD so that has probably added to the community of permissiveness over questionable rp.

I should clarify I meant that as a player, not the race I play. I’m fully, blissfully ignorant of racial ERP tendencies apart from the most obvious and publicly known.

Take a trip down to Stranglethorn, Zul’Gurub or any Troll-like hub and have a gander at the sometimes -odd- rp you see going on there.

Some of it would make a Goldshire born Draenei female blush.
But its the fact it’s kept out of the way and collectively these guilds keep it quiet and hushed is how it’s gone on for years on end without any “big scoop” coming out.

Was the case with Blood Elves as well until last year when the Silvermoon #MeToo movement began.

1 Like

Unending. Share your plights children of the Sun, the Light cleanses of sin.

feelsbad main RPing a belf but main posting on a forsaken

But not with that partner. And some may consider it distasteful or betrayal of their partner, to have sex with a stranger to have a child.
But that also makes for more storyline!

It’s cultural heritage you… human!

Must admit from what I can remember of Troll RP within the Troll community it was always a bit raunchy at times. Nothing I’d personally deem as ‘omgsoterrible’ but it was certainly an aspect.

But hey, what happens in the jungle stays in the jungle. And sometimes on the jungle.

Peeve: my internet keeps cutting out, fairly sure my Ethernet port keeps turning itself off though I’ll be damned if I know why. Everything seems to be in order so… goblins. Must be.
Edit: extra peeve. Wrong damn thread again. They all look alike.

Well to paraphrase William Faulkner
“The only thing worth writing about is the heart in conflict with itself”

Which applies very well in roleplay as well. I’m sure there are going to be plenty of characters who would accept the pragmatism of needing another to make a child, and or the tribulations around such an action in regards to a relationship.

Honestly relationship rp is so easy to do in a nuanced and tactful way I am astounded by how badly a huge number of people muck it up.

Well this is exactly why there’s never been a big scoop on Troll antics. They keep to themselves, and often to the point of paranoia not letting new trolls into the harem.

In many ways Troll rp is parallel to Gnome rp on Alliance - both are highly insular and inverted and have a general hush-hush rule about the dirty little secrets going on inside them.

I wouldn’t be so bothered about it however the implication is that there are inevitably going to be players pushed into silence about uncomfortable things done in roleplay.

2 Likes

Here’s a question as we’re on racial reproduction.

So the Mag’har are back in town, looking all fine and such, catching the eyes of those green natives.

Now we know that green skinned orcs who had children passed their green skin along. Green skinned child orcs born in durotar confirm this.

So if a mag har and an Azerothian orc have children (assuming it’s possible, alternative timelines and all) what’s the result? Is one skin colour (say green) recessive? Or would we get some green some brown? Or how about a mixed green?

Say question for the distinct skin tones of the Mag har clans. I mean typically mating outside of your clan would have been very taboo, but now we’re all one happy family kinda- pale shattered hand plus brown Frostwolf equals…?