Unpopular Opinions

Do we rank Farstriders above or below the Alliance? I forget.

Above, they’re still blood elves, which is better than everything else.

EDIT: Also, need them to still be around so you can feel superior to them.

It’s like comparing an imp to an Eredar. Sure, they’re both demons, but it’s still an imp.

5 Likes

Peeve: the forums have become a massive chat with different rooms, all of which eventually lead to discussing over completely random and irrelevant topics, so much so that I didn’t notice this is the unpopular opinions thread until I almost posted.

posted for irony anyway

13 Likes

The new forums are vastly superior to the old version, with the only downside being no pages for ease of navigation. It feels much more like we’re carrying genuine conversations about the topics at hand.

2 Likes

You are completely correct and it makes the forums very entertaining when brown substances hit the fan.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Kalimdor. I watched blight barrels glitter in the dark near the Undercity Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

6 Likes

Who’ll the Farstriders feel superior to?

Homeless people

2 Likes

Small critters, as long as those don’t show their teeth.

Aerilen and I sometimes go around and bully Farstriders at the square for banter with the lads

6 Likes

Yeah if it’s not the fartriders (hah) it’s Lotheridumb (HAH).

5 Likes

Well, so to get back on the original topic.

I think farstriders are cool.

You were right about one thing. That is a very unpopular opinion.

6 Likes

Despite it being a peeve, I agree. It didn’t take long for the new format to grow on me.

This game should have ended at Legion. Killing the Burning Legion at their home planet with legendary artifacts should have been the end, with BfA launched as a new game.

New cast, new engine, new player characters, the works.

7 Likes

Correction, Legion should have ended with us closing the Felstorm.

2 Likes

Truth. We should’ve never gone to Argus.

(also Alleria and Turalyon should never have come back)

7 Likes

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

2 Likes

Argus was the perfect end, though. This game started with us four years removed from the Battle of Mount Hyjal, it should end with us closing the book on the Burning Legion. Sargeras sealed, Antorus destroyed, and its demons vanquished.

Horde and Alliance have essentially been made redundant since Azeroth’s people have united under the various banners of the Order Halls, with Khadgar at the helm of it all. The Sons of Lothar finally end their mission that was started all the way back to the RTS games.

Storywise, BFA feels so rushed because we never had that buildup again. We’re being asked to be adventurers and conscripts again while having that honour of being the leaders of our Order Halls.

We should’ve had ten years of escalating tension in between, as well as a slow burn of Magni and the Cenarion Circle discovering azerite. Legion was the reset button that made sense.

3 Likes