Unpopular Opinions

If you want to go full circle between WC3 and now then I’d argue ToS is better.

Both were sealing and ending the invasion of Azeroth, both on sacred Night Elf territory, and both against one of the Eredar lords. It’s a much better mirror than an actual invasion into the demon’s central main base.

1 Like

If you don’t consider Wrath of the Lich King the natural conclusion to the storylines set out in Vanilla your opinion is not only unpopular but also wrong.

4 Likes

Problem is taht it wouldn’t have wrapped up the story with the Legion. The Legion would just gather and try again one day. Argus was there to make sure that the Legion are completely broken and leaderless. Did the story have issues? Plenty, from Tyralion being the supreme leader of AotL to Mac’aree being left alone by the Legion all this time because reasons. But the main point of it and the ending were imo satisfying all the way until Sargeras just HAD to pull that one on us.

2 Likes

Except it didn’t wrap it up. There’s still a whole bunch of demons running around - including big names like Tichondrius, Mannoroth, Magtheridon, Detheroc, Jaraxxus and many many more.

And Sargeras is only sealed, as pointed out before in either this or pet peeves he will no doubt be back inside Illidan’s body.

They can pull the Legion card out of the villain deck whenever they want to. Argus didn’t change that at all.

1 Like

Yes but without a leader like Sargeras, there’s bound to be in-fighting with all of them vying to be the next big boss.

Debatable. He may come back or he may not. I know that Blizz did it so that they might pull him out when they run out of story material but still, he’s guarded by the other titans and Illidan is just there because…reasons. Probably because Blizzard didn’t want him to die again due to fans but wanted to get him out of the picture due to haters.

If we had just stopped the Legion at ToS it would have literally just been another Legion invasion thwarted like Hyjal and Sunwell, with the Legion still very much operational under Sargeras. Argus at least closed more doors to the possible Legion invasion number 4 as I doubt they will easily recover this time around.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Sargeras planting his sword and trying to kill the planet was a fine end as well, everything afterwards just happened far too quickly.

The Horde and Alliance shouldn’t have had a massive army after sending the best of the best to the Broken Shore, much less Argus. Both factions just had a power vacuum after Vol’jin/Varian.

Anduin is the heir to the human throne, yes. But as everyone pointed out, every single one of the other racial leaders have as much right to be Supreme Commander of the Alliance after Argus. Let’s not open that Forsaken-flavoured can of worms labelled Sylvanas here.

All these stories can lead into a new game, set years down the line. Recruiting the Allied Races should’ve been the last few major questlines to tide us over into the new game.

But we make do with the cards we’re dealt.

2 Likes

Yeah, and they can just say “okay, this guy won, he’s now the leader” when they want another legion invasion in the story.

Right, and that’s fine, because a literal infinite army of demons from across timelines and supported by multiple titans shouldn’t be defeated in their central citadel in one patch.

Argus was a bad idea. Ending at both ToS and Argus shoves the Legion out of the way for the foreseeable future with ample opportunity for Blizz to pull them out whenever the feel the need. ToS makes better narrative sense as a concluding it because it doesn’t involve in a stupid space travel story with us wiping out the Legion’s central power structure by virtue of…uh…trying really hard.

speaking of unpopular opinions…
Perhaps i should pick up RP again but…
I really dont want to use trp.

Use MRP :ok_hand:

1 Like

What is the difference between MRP and TRP?

TRP has more options, but MRP is easier to use, from what I’ve heard. I’ve personally not used MRP at all but it doesn’t really matter to me which one you use as both addons talk to each other anyway.

It would be neat if on the last xpac one of them is in the army of light, but the other died somewhere along the line

I see, now let me elaborate why i don’t want to use MRP/TRP.

Most of all the fact that i can in most cases just read up everyone information from the get go, for me it would be cooler if there was some kind of rp addon that has me fill out names and stories based and obtained through interaction with that character rather then being able to read it from afar.

Because you will subconsciously store and use that information anyway, at least that is how experience it, and it comes off as an invitation of meta gaming.

i’d rather have a notepad on screen 2 open where i fill out information gained through interaction.

That there is a pet peeve of me, and people having at first glance buffs that aren’t things you’d know at first glance.
What, i look at this guy and i’m supposed to know he likes cats? what?!

In addition, with TRP extended, i feel like the first glance stuff should be used for auras and the like only, TRP extended has a gear tab, that’s where you describe your equipment. Scars go in Physiognomy, etc.

The only reason my gear is listed in my at first glance is because it’s temporal, and its very clear to anyone in how much of a garbage state it is.

1 Like

I can’t help but roll my eyes at people who are big fans of the Horde but RP a Blood Elf.

1 Like

I mostly roll my eyes at the ones who are basically just RPing a savage orc, but they want the more handsome/pretty elf model. PICK A SIDE :japanese_goblin:

4 Likes

MoP was a garbage, mediocre expansion at best which brought in bad things from which the game still suffers from to this day.

1 Like

Like pandaren.

Such as? In ten characters.

Since TBC I’ve never been able to stomach belf who scream “for the horde!” In their eloquent accents, and threatening the alliance in a manner an orc would.

Political alliance. Fine. But an invitation the horde does not make one an Orc by proxy.

Re: the MRP/TRP thing and the suggestion of a version that let’s you make notes on the fly I’d love that. I do use TRP but very bare bones now, sticking to first glance only because I got tired of people pulling the additional info out before they’d even talked to my char, yet seemingly never bringing first glance stuff into conversation.

1 Like