Unpopular Opinions

Unpopular opinion? This thread is just the Pet Peeve thread and one of them should probably just be left to die.

Also… And I’m probably gonna catch some heck for this… Evenafter all these years the Belves still don’t “fit” with the Horde and should either be considered a sepereate faction or retroactively removed from the game.

1 Like

same could be said for the nightborn

3 Likes

and the draenei, the rendorei, the (peaceful) tauren, the forsaken, hell, even gilneans to some degree.

WoW’s ‘high fantasy’ has jumped the shark and Legion was a ridiculous expansion that felt like a parody.

As a carry-over of that, the limitless, ‘you can do anything unless it’s explicitly said you can’t’ nature of magic in the WoW universe means that magic is on the whole rather boring.

5 Likes

I always thought WoW was at it’s best when dealing with giant, ridiculous stories and campy fun romps.
It’s when they try to bog everything down in some grimdark, “ooo everything is morally grey” garbage that the game starts to suffer.

I liked the way it was in Vanilla and WC3 where it was high fantasy but not to the extent that it kind of felt like a joke. I don’t have an issue with settings like that, but I didn’t like the way a setting that had a nice balance to it became OTT joke-y in Cataclysm and while it’s never been as bad as that since, it still hasn’t been able to shake it, with stuff like Legion feeling more like a Marvel film than Warcraft (to me at least).

2 Likes

I’m anti-PCU.

1 Like

Palvo’s cinematic universe?

2 Likes

You can’t have a cinematic universe yet. You have to get introduced first in my stand alone movie as a cameo and later we can establish you in your own origin movie. I’m currently writing a script for ‘Mion and Pals’.

I’m assuming Palvo plays the main love interest?

In a similar way as Ryan Reynolds, with all of the same ‘interests’.

That’ll do, Mion… That’ll do…

1 Like

Blame blizzard for redeeming them, they’d fit in well if they weren’t going back to their pre-fel culture with praising the light and all that

When the Grimdark and high fantasy meet I think wow does it very well- drustvar for example, and nazmir to some extent. Personally I feel these are the best BFA zones via their quest chain stories by far. A mixture of magical bogeymen with that gritty realism.

This said if both aren’t done together, I prefer the high fantasy over pure grimdark.

4 Likes

I like pandaren.

7 Likes

What’s not to like? I actually really like the pandaren male model and would be aghast if they made it more rugged and proportionate.

Unpop: When it comes to levelling I really look forward to 90. I think WoD has the best zones and music in WoW, and I actually really liked the story premise, being able to dip into the past but not quite the past I loved.

WoDs only problem was the squeeze on the endgame bits and progression due to it being rushed. Other than that, in terms of experiencing the content first time round and actually listening to the story, it is the best part of WoW for me by far. It’s a shame you level through it in like 2 hours.

https://imgur.com/a/U2HoqKg What about this?

2 Likes

Wrong. Play the RTS games, the faction war is why we even have the game at all. If you pull the roots, the tree will die. You dont need to enjoy pvp or the faction war story, but it is why its called WARcraft.

1 Like

Needs more belly.

Pandaren (males) are best when fat in my mind.

I like to think of models like that as a past version of pandaren during Shaohao’s reign, and over time as pandaren became more and more focussed on living well and being positive they steadily became fatter.

I mean that’s a lovely sketch, but I really like the fact pandaren are chubby, it makes them stand out from all the roid bro “I’m at the gym regularly babe” models of all the other races (gnomes excepted, Tauren excepted too and undead I guess)

If it was an option like orc posture I’d totally support it. But I don’t want the male pandaren model to be completely replaced if they ever do update it. I like my bouncy priest.

1 Like

They never had a ‘fel culture’, the majority of the population would have been horrified to know what was powering their city and what Kael was doing on Outland. Also, the general population scorned the blood knights, because most elves were still faithful to the Light. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes