Unpopular Opinions

They have the biggest resting b*tch face I’ve ever seen. It’s great.

7 Likes

They really do!

1 Like

Jaina found them to sit in uncanney valley and that they seem to be too beautiful to be real. Their archaic formality makes them impossible to read too, to the point that Dalaran humans still can’t take cues from facial expressions.

7 Likes

Whereas Aerilen is just difficult to read because of his neurological abnormalities.

11 Likes

Rude in ten letters.

2 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393152470966075402/532838713189728266/a3QwwrQ_460s.jpg

Aerilen IC

4 Likes

To quote the late great Terry Pratchett (GNU):

" Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad"

I’ll freely admit that when the B’Elves first joined the Horde (back when I was far younger, and cared far less about their lore) I hated having fragile pretty flowers in my merry band of monsters - #GloriousTrollMasterRace - and in fact Yasmyr was the first one I ever managed to stick with playing. But the more I dig into them, the more they have me hooked. Stupid elves.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the Nuremberg defence is a thing on Azeroth. Although amongst the Horde it probably is honestly.

Unpopular opinion but I think Zandalari Trolls are going to outnumber Blood Elves by the end of the expansion - due to factors pushing players into playing Void Elves and Zandalari being overall -very- popular with the playerbase.

I honestly can’t see Kul Tirans actually pulling that many people in, I mean I’ll be playing one but I’ve always been a fan of nautical themes.

i’d agree if only the zandalari didn’t have a constipated run cycle.

kul tirans males are literally shrek.

Run animations get changed between patches, it will probably get ironed out like the straight back orc and normal troll models. The KT and Zandalari need a lot of polish still on them.

The Kul Tirans especially are severely lacking in lots of departments, although its to be expected considering its a completely new rig being developed. It’s like being told to develop a fully formed, new playable race within 6 months.

These things take a lot of time to make properly, and even then its clear when things are rushed (look at the old Belf models for example.)

As the orcs sailed, the sea was calm. The only thing of some concern was a dense fog.

After an hour, the crew heard a distant rumbling, it like words but they could not quite make it out. Though there was some concern among them, the orcs kept sailing, confident that it wouldn’t affect them.

Another half hour later, they realized that the rumbling had become louder. They started recognizing a rhythm in it. Energetic, yet relatively slow.

It grew louder and closer over the past ten minutes, unsettling the crew, before it finally fell silent.

Moments later, one of the deckhands yelled out, having spotted a ship in the dense fog. Slowly, the Kul Tiran vessel, easily outsizing the smaller orcish craft, came into view.

On its deck stood a tall, burly man, staring at the Horde-aligned sailors for several seconds before letting out his battle cry:

HEY NOW, YOU’RE AN ALL-STAR.

(yes this joke is utter :poop: , the delivery is even worse, but it got stuck in my head)

1 Like

I’m just dreading what hip and fresh 2019 meme will be the dance for the new races.

I mean the last new race (Pandaren) have a meme dance from the noughties and a one hit wonder that has become a disgusting justification for basically throwing eggs at other peoples rp.

imagine if the kul tiran males get the default dance.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY SHIP.”

2 Likes

Honestly this draws a ton of parallels to the Dark Eldar but despite that I’ll say it’s spot on in regards to blood elves and it’s something I’ve seldom seen portrayed by RPers whether that’s down to being genuinely hard to pull off or being dismissed due to OOC bias.

I can’t see this happening.

Ironed out? Female Trolls at least still run stupid and the model update managed our walk to boot.

That may double as an unpopular opinion, I’ve no idea how enamoured WoW players are with the female troll walk/run.

1 Like

What’s wrong with the animations?

They gave warcraft 3 bandits a kingdom.

The run looks like a mimic of someone who’s never run before trying to run through sand and the walk used to have this laid back slide to it, now it’s a penguin waddle. Like somebody shoved a stick up there and the trolls trying to wiggle it out.

They’re supposed to be agile and fast, not waddle around like they’ve never moved before.

That was, in honesty, the -exact- point I was going for, I mean that -has- become a reference in itself “I Was only obeying Orders”

There are important distinctions to set them apart, functionally. One is for venting, no matter how petty while the other is for venting the petty, particular things you think others disagree with.

100% agreed. Blood elves are Dark elves. The women also sneer every 20 seconds which is wonderfully indicative. There’s coldness in those emerald eyes.

Probably unpopular opinion:

I don’t advocate shunning and OOC bullying at all but some guilds should face consequences for the shenanigans their members get up to in the campaigns and events that form our server lore. War crimes are a thing in the setting, I just don’t know who’d enforce it so it’s just this helpless irritant where the people involved should take responsibility.

To the people touched by this; the “but I’m awesome” pass has to run out at some point and you know it. You’d be a fantastic, admirable RPer setting a gold standard if you’d spontaneously facilitate some well earned logical results of the burdens you bear.

3 Likes