Unpopular Opinions

Really? To me it looks like some mature sportswoman jogging through the suburb.

I don’t know if that was obliquely aimed at us (I’m not offended, just didn’t know if it was), despite us not actually being in the War Crimes business, but we -always- impose some sanction on ourselves when something dodgy has happened, usually via the nebulous powers of ‘The Aerie Council’ or ‘The Spire’ Mainly as, well, bar ostracism there isn’t really anything any guild can do to ‘punish’ a Guild who has committed a War Crime, so in our case we use the ‘powers that be’ (though not actual lore characters) to be the stick that beats us, as well as the carrot we get given for being good boys and girls. Though currently Brigante is like a dog having “Good Boy” being shouted at him in a furious tone. He’s been punished for -opposing- War Crimes :smiley:

It really does have to be self policing though, there is no other practical way of handling it, and the instant we move to the idea that other players can ‘enforce’ anything, is a dangerous one. Its pretty much a social contract in that way, we just have to trust each other that we all get held accountable by our ‘bosses’ in some way or other, and that such is the system of ‘control’ over our Guilds behaviours…

1 Like

Self policing is one of the better options and things would be grander if more players treated the atrocities that we choose to play out with the gravity that is appropriate to the act. It’s all about a functioning dynamic between consenting, responsible parties dedicated to crafting a story.

1 Like

The troll female run animation looks like she’s running around in a panic because she just remembered she left the stove on at home.

4 Likes

Equally the male one looks like any moment now, he is expecting to achieve his lifetime aspiration of taking off into flight! Its like he is constantly trying to bounce -up- as well as forwards. I actually like it, it reminds me of footage I have seen as to how some tribes like the Zulu’s and Masai run, and actually, that may have been the intention. But yeah, watch the male Troll animation when they run, its as if each step is their last one on this earth, and the next will be in the sky…

I literally came here to post that quote. I love TP so much.

1 Like

Gelbin Makkatorque is the racial leader that makes most sense having as Alliance High Commander!

(more of an IC opinion of Bertel’s really than it is a serious OOC opinion, though I would certainly welcome the change OOC too)

2 Likes

Not a native English-speaker or anything, but this is my opinion:

Would is a word (ab)used way too much in roleplay. To me, at least, the world always implies that you are humoring the thought that someone were to stop your character from doing something. X WOULD happen, IF a condition Y was met.

Your character WOULD grab Z’s hand, SHOULD they allow it.
“I WOULD favor sea-travel, IF I didn’t get seasick so easily.”

So, it looks rather stupid, when someone’s TRP-profile reads “Her hair would be blonde.” I mean, GO AHEAD, I’m not going to kidnap you on the street and dye your hair red, missy. You’re free to keep your hair any color you want!

14 Likes

would upvote this post

2 Likes

Yeah, you get it easy. Try and be morally grey on the blue side and most of the active playerbase rise up in arms telling you that you’re against the lore, random guilds will court martial / arrest you, bounties get issued and that you are a villain and enemy of the Alliance.

Not to mention the strangely competent investigator team that pops up and knows every detail of what you have been doing and are ready to claim that arcane magic justifies OOC shenanigans. Sometimes people should just learn to let others live and embrace the fact that both factions have an inherent, volatile nastiness that can be represented by players.

Though I guess said “war criminals” could have waited until the Seventh Legion despoiler units and void elves popped up in-game committing to ethnic genocide and void rituals to demoralize the enemy, even though all of it was foreshadowed by what Allied Races were introduced.

7 Likes

People need to stop placing “MU” or “AU” as part of their mag’har’s race.

2 Likes

Can’t say I agree with that.

No reason why a Mag’har has to be from magical dragon fun time universe, when they could just be from Outlands.

Ofcourse, but how would you be able to tell, aside from the Shadowmoon orc’s skin being changed by void apparently

1 Like

I’d say if you were there in person, by accent or smell.

The Legend of Korra is better than The Last Airbender.

Both are great, but Korra is better.

6 Likes

I love both and support this message. I don’t think it’s unpopular but since it’s in the theme: Dragon Prince is cool, even if the animation of the S1 need a little time to adjust to.

2 Likes

based because true.

Zaheer/red lotus > Amon/Equalisits > Kuvira > unalaq and vaatu.

change my mind

3 Likes

I watched the entire series of The Last Airbender and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I watched as far as I’M THE AVATAR YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT before switching off Korra.

6 Likes

It’s a different experience, but I highly recommend you give it another shot. Korra’s development as an Avatar-during-‘Peace’ vs. Aang as a nascent Avatar-during-War make a nice contrast.

2 Likes

yeah but you don’t know me

LF Blonde women to RP with, asking for a friend ((loras))

2 Likes