Unsubbing, feeling down and under in this current state of PvP

Been playing PvP since the release of the expansion, I have almost 2k arena games across my main char Warrior and alt char DK.

In the early stages it was a good feeling to climb, you felt rewarded by climbing up to 1.4k, 1.6k, 1.8k

I actually reached 1.8k with my warrior having 208 item level

what about now? now it’s literally unplayable

my frost dk sits at 205 item level, I que up at 1.3k rating games and get opponents with +215 item level gear who just zerg us down

if some of you think 10 item level is not much, it actually really is, remember that stats in Shadowlands really do make a difference, they scale up your attacks, not to mention the +40% versatility bonus, which only increases with more versatility that you have (higher ilevel versa items)

I’ve just read the patch 9.0.5 notes and they intend to just buff certain classes (such as ele shammy LOL)

Literally I don’t feel like playing the game anymore, I bought this expansion after ditching BFA in the first month with a promise that this one will be a good one.

The promise halfway delivered, I thought I would be having fun, but I guess I was wrong.

The current state of PvP just feels too stupid… I played some 3s games with a boomking on voice and the guy literally LAUGHED HARD AS F*** everytime he convoked someone, because he honestly knew what a no brainer spell that is, I even called him out on that and he admitted, he wouldn’t of climbed rating if it wasn’t for that spell…

anyways, was fun while it lasted.

If you guys think any changes will be implemented soon, just rewire your brains and see for yourself that the MC bug still exists after 3 months.

This game is in shambles.

PS: Note to devs, GO HOME AND GET YOUR SHINEBOX

33 Likes

Yes, people who randomly deleted players like ret palas, convoke masters or elems hardly giggle everytime they got RNG bless. Others i think not so happy.

1 Like

bump, share awareness, don’t be a slave to this bullshi*

Ye its insane. Imagine when we had scaling? People wanted this and here we are just randomly getting oneshot and cant even trade cds when youre below on ilvl. Blizzard shud just remove pvp at this point some people i inspected didnt have ang pvp experience and are all of a sudden just 2kcr without knowing setups just blasting people with their gear and covenant bs.

1 Like

Lets be honest here, if you guys ordered pizza and you got something else instead, would you still be willing to pay for that?

that’s how paying for a shadowlands subscription feels like.

we pay them, so that in turn they can pay their developers who make the changes in this game, but we’re not getting any changes? MC bug still exists, etc.

I wonder how many eyes are open to this stupidity

7 Likes

Why are you still on arena forums, you are not doing arenas bro

Don’t worry guys it’s just the first week.
Don’t worry guys it’s just the second week.
Don’t worry guys it’s just the first heroic raid week.

Unholy damage nerfed by 10%
Rogues & Hunters obliterated
Warriors Buffed

Don’t worry guys it’s just winter holidays.
Don’t worry guys they need time for adjustments.
It’s first week of AWC.
It’s 2nd week of AWC.

rets/mages nerfed, warriors buffed

Don’t worry guys, they’re listening and will fix this soon™.

17 Likes

On what? That he laughs at obviously broken spell? Daaamn bro, almost as if it’s a game and you enjoy stupid stuff instead of taking as hard as you take a D. Cmon. There is nothing to call out. Obviously he laughed. It’s stupid. It’s funny.

Devs of old expansions had found it right:

• Conquest gear not rating gated (except weapon and shoulders). They had given solid explanation about this decision.
  • Honor gear not time gated.
  • Pure pvp stat exclusively to pvp gear.

Last 4 years i sub and unsub all the time because the above structure - absolutely fitted on my game playing - is abandoned for good.

BUT finally all that burden is over.

**THE BURNING CRUSADE** 

is going to be released soon. And i had great memories back then.

2 Likes

I stopped playing today fyi

“It’s stupid. It’s funny.” you are and you aren’t one of those and I can for sure tell u that you definitely are the first one

1 Like

Unsubbing a month back and playing games like DRG and Valheim really opened my eyes to how good games can be when they’re made with fun in mind.

3 Likes

You didn’t unsub?

I have the same question for him all the time thats why we need some filtered arena forums for example atleast 1.8 reached current season to Type or 1.6 atleast qe wouldnt have 1.3 ppl cry postes

1 Like

That’s actually reason I don’t login now. At my main I reached 2k cr at start and since my main is geared max (225 bag gear) I started alt now. After almost 300 games I sit at 1.3 CR unable to even reach 1.4 with 200ilvl…yes git gud when every 3 game is 215 team + and then my partner just go off after he got one shot…and again 20 min lfg and cycle repeats

9 Likes

I mean, it’s fing funny to see the same people every 3 days cry “IVE UNSUBBED NEVER PLAYING AGAIN”… and then they have 3k games, hardstuck at 1.6 and still obviously subbed - as they actively play and can post here lmfao

2 Likes

They are also nerfing lava burst by 10% which is the main source of dmg by far

the 1tap burst is insane with that 15% dmg increase legendary tho i love it
all you need is some good rng, no dispell on flame shock, and an unaware enemy
maybe i am a bit bias tho, since im still learning ele

Ye, it’s tough when you’re an alt or just came back after a break like me. I’m 199 ilvl at the moment, and 1300 to 1400 feels like 2k to 2.1k last season for me. Alot of boosters, massive gear advantages and so many arms/healer teams. I never wanted to reach 1400 this bad lol.

I see people downplaying this, but ofcourse they started arena when everyone started at the same time and on the same ish gear ilvl.

these memories will be shattered the moment you realize you need to farm reputation to get into heroic. You need to pve for many gear slots. There is rng all over the place in pvp. Some specs are unbeliavable bad. The game is super slow and boring.

1 Like

You know that gear was ABSOLUTELY rating gated, right?

Νο. Ι remember i was able to get best conq gear,except shoulders and weapon. Maybe i m wrong, but i have this impression.