Upcoming 8.2 ARMS Buffs - they are not enough !

Flat out 6-8% Damage is useless !

We will be sitting in Defensive stance so those buffs are a joke since all other 11 Classes can slow and kite Warriors

The problem of Warriors this exp is simple and no need to look else:

1. Mobility
    1 charge only + Stormbolt / 2 charges with with no stormbolt + ONLY 1 Escape Heroic leap that has a very long CDs

2. Self Healing
    There is non ! , and if you add up the mobility problem , warriors if going against double casters are sitting ducks !

How to Fix Warriors :

1. Make Stormbolt baseline .
  2. Buff Second wind to proc everytime Warriors go below 50% and heal them for 40% over 8 sec.
  3. NOW buff damage by flat 5%

GG , Warriors Fixed

2 Likes

You should apply as PvP dev as you seem to have ridiculously broken ideas when it comes to spells. Maybe you’ll be taught by the guy who thought of Lasso or GP and then you’ll reach your full potential.

On a more serious note, the damage Arms gains, while it doesn’t address their other issues, will make them deadly. Every class that can’t escape a warrior ever (warlock, disc, etc) will feel the difference heavily and every other squishy class that doesn’t have access to self heals better than healers or/and needs to be in melee with the Warrior will feel it as well. Approx 10% more damage is actually an insane buff. As a mean of comparison -6% base damage was the one nerf that made Assa go from godtier to tier one but beaten by some stuff mid season 1, and about +10% base healing overall on hots was what made Rdruids the OP machine they are now.

5 Likes

So basically make warriors an immortal god class?

1 Like

Warriors should be deadly in melee, probably the deadliest class in that regard because they have basically nothing else.
Ignore the second wind idea, it’s broken, yes.
But arms should have crushing damage and hard to recover from damage in melee range.
This will compensate for the lack in defense, no self heal and average mobility. Especially other melee classes won’t be just “oh, just kill warrior”.
The problem with mastery and having dot as a most damaging ability is messed up design for arms, but that probably won’t change until next expansion.

2 Likes

lol no war need dmg buff only to compencate the no self healing in this meta trust me this buff will bring war to high lvl in 2s 100% in 3s we willl see

I would honestly be thankful you even have defensive stance, you don’t realise just how effective that makes you.

If you’re struggling that bad with being kited, you need to be more mindful of your gap closers and possibly consider taking Death Sentence.

Ofcourse Mr. Rogue that will only make Warriors competitve against you .

I mean GOD forbids a Warrior survives your opner without the whole team burning CDs …

2 Likes

That’s exactly why you play with a DK! They are removing the mobility issue due of 60% CoI, Grip and a tone of range interrupts. So 6-8% flat dmg will help out a lot, especially since your bleedings getting buffed the most and they aren’t only bypassing armor but also tick in the situations where you can’t connect.

No non hybrid class should actually have a possibility to selfheal!

DH is outhealing shadow/ww/ele/ret passively while doing dmg, same for destro, DK have at least to press a button and use some ressources but the heal also is kinda crazy. Not to mention the PvE items. They are actually the reason why PvP feels so dump and boring!

So instead of increasing your selfheal (especially with such a dumb advice like passive second wind), they should remove selfheal from non hybrid classes completely (also leech etc.) and more important: from pve gear!

Game fixed!

You can’t define class viability by using another class. You don’t need healing as a monk then, you play with a healer, and you don’t need teleport, get a mage, he will blink instead of a you, you also don’t need healing reduction (you really don’t need it), play with a warrior for that. You also don’t need parry in FoF, play with a rogue, he will stun your target for you…
See what I did there???
I don’t say that arms need the mobility of a DH or a monk, but that’s because of other reasons, not that one you have given (the dk), which is laughable.

2 Likes

A tiny selfheal would be appreciated though.

It doesn’t even have to be something crazy, it could be WotLK Second Wind that healed you for like 6% whenever you got hard CC’d.

1 Like

When playing against a Rogue you should always have Dstance uo before the opener, and it’s legit impossible for a Rogue to solo a warrior under Dstance in the opener when bleeds aren’t applied or anything. Maybe the warrior will have semi red screen if you commit Vendetta too but that’s kind of stupid to do as he won’t die in opener. Not by a Rogue alone.

This is quite reasonable and in fact would be cool.

This is downright stupid. Every time you reach 50% hp you go back to 90% ? Ridiculous. Not to mention that if you get below 50%, the heal will bring you back above 50% so when you reach 50% again it refreshes or triggers anew ? Lack of brain usage detected, sorry for being rash. Wanna be immortal ? You can try to @ the devs on twitter to see if they can give you a spell to be immune to killing blows…

4 Likes

Can’t I? Rogue seems on the paper not that strong compared to other meta melees (DK, WW, DH, …). Still the most viable top 100 melee (better than DK and WW together). How comes? Because RMX (especially with HPala) is rolling over anything and with Ret+Rogue you also have a solid stomping comp.

Balance isn’t only bounded to classes. It starts with the class design and an OP spec also often leads the board, but it doesn’t have to be this way and in the end the only thing that counts is, if a class/spec get a solid representation in the top 100/r1 slots.

That’s at least my pov/opinion, do you see it differently? :slight_smile:

I understand what you try to explain, but it’s not the same. Rogue has viability on its own, as well as mage, it’s the great synergy between rogue and mage you are talking about, but any of those classes are good paired with other classes too.
That good synergy is because of the class design of the single class rogue and mage that are good and on top of that they complement each other.
On the other side what the case is with the warrior is that the warrior is poor on its own and “NEEDS” another class to be close to viable. That other class though, doesn’t need the warrior.
DK’s are better in a TWD with a monk or even with a DH, on the same premise they can play with a ret instead of a warrior. But the warrior is not feeling well with many other classes, because warriors are weak and that’s exactly because they are being defined too much by other classes, having nothing special that shines on their own.
What is on one side - rogue and mage emphasizing on their strengths when together is one thing and on the other side we have a class trying to cover up for it’s weaknesses by using another class.
As you see it’s quite different, because each of those, rogue and mage are quite well designed classes on their own, they are not defined by another class, their strengths synergyze, they don’t cover each other weak sides, more like they use well their strong sides.
There is a gray area and I am not denying completely what you say, but I think you see now how it’s different.

3 Likes

That’s true, but not totally. The very thing I quoted also depends on who plays what. If say, DKs and Rogues were at the same powerlevel both as individuals and in their comps, and of their comps had similar power levels too we still would see more Rogues. Why ? Because there are more Rogue players than DK players when both classes are on par. You’ve got to account for the popularity of the classes too. Mages and Druids are good examples. They were never bad but they weren’t always top classes yet they were always well-represented in r1 range even when other healers/casters did their job better. Simply because a 3k2 Mage who loves his class will still play Mage with his team when Mage gets nerfed, and while he might not be 3k2 first on ladder he will still be rank one.

my eyes are bleeding when I read this

3 Likes

You are worse than holinka

1. Buff Second wind to proc everytime Warriors go below 50% and heal them for 40% over 8 sec.

:smiley: hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

But really dont give them ideas.

“To fit the fantasy of warriors, we’ve decided that while they have 100 rage they can’t be reduced below 1 hp”

4 Likes

But think it to the end: What happens if a class already has a solid comp and you start buffing the class? What will happen with the comp? This is the issue people often don’t see (Blizz included!).

Indeed, but how do you objectivly get the popularity of a class? We don’t have the needed data to do so. You can’t just say “There are 50% more Rogues than DKs so there have to be 50% more Rogues than DKs in the top 100”. You also have to account what comps are working for each spec and how popular are the other classes of the comp, how strong are the classes in PvE, how is the difference between top 5k and all “active” PvP player, etc…

So overall the difference should just be slight. If one class has 6 and the other 8, that’s just fine, both seems to be in a good spot. But if one class has 10 and the other 4, the difference is just insane. In a short term, that can happen (based on the activity of the players) but not in a long term, no matter how popular a class is!

Last and probably the most important point: In PvP the popularity of a class directly scales with its strength! :wink:

Not really.

It is true that once it’s overpowered people will token, reroll or simply play their already existing FOTM class. But that’s a phenomenon that happens only at low to semi high rating. The sample you are looking at (and I believe you’re right to do that), which includes the very best players who make few mistakes, will only see that happen a little. The real top players keep playing the same array of classes no matter what happens. Raiku is playing Mage, and has been milticlassing with DH after it was released. Once destro, or Ele, became far better casters than Frost Mage he did not start playing one even though some players on his team played classes that would hace fit that. He kepts playing Mage/Rogue or Mage WW in tourneys and on ladder. This is only one example but I could give you z ton more. In fact close to every known too players has sticked to his main class and played seriously a couple more at most, and has only been messing around at 2k2 with “meta” stuff because it makes views.

We do. It’s just an extremely complex matter that you just won’t solve over a forum discussion. But the data is there. And has been. You’d need to peek in thr past, look at what was played over the years despite shifts in power balance, see if some classes and comps were more present than other throughout wow history even if they had some bad times, whether people who have played high level for a long time played in the past (and you’ll see the answer is"always the same class")… There is a lot of stuff to account for and if you only partially do the analysis you’ll see that some classes were almost always played even if they had bad times too jist because of popularity when other classes, when bad, are totally ruled out.