Upcoming changes for retri paladin 9.0.5

What do you think folks ? With upcoming changes for retri paladin how its gonna be in the future viable or we will be screwed up .
Yes i do have paladin alt and i’m interested from the upcoming changes ,while DH season 1 havoc was and still is pathetic .

I imagine the Final Verdict buff is going to get reverted in PvP pretty quickly. And maybe nerfed in PvE too since i believe it’s currently simming as the best legendary for every covenant.

I was getting some 30k crits Final Verdicts on the PTR when i tested it a few days ago. With the now fixed Templar’s Vindication conduit.

That would be ridiculous, they literally did the right thing right now. Ret has weak single target, this leggo is really needed in this state. For PVP even without this bonus this leggo was nice due to 8 yard TV range. So for PVP I would be okay with revert (if Ret goes out of control in damage again), for PVE not. Final Verdict is the coolest leggo, the only other one that has special animation is Tempest. Tempest is rightfully AoE meta, but I think Final Verdict should be “default” single target leggo for ret. Magistrate can still be best for 1 min burst build, Mad Paragon is still probably going to be best for Venthyr. That’s pretty fair balance to be honest when you have multiple viable legendaries.

That being said Ret still has no meaningful defensives in PVP, that’s why it’s pretty low in 2v2 (in 3v3 healer can help). They should add one defensive pvp talent. Something like Divine Protection for example - or something that buffs SoV by like at least 50%.

Also I would still like to see consecration and other rotation fillers buffed. Consecration is fine, but kinda undertuned (that skill can be fine source of sustained uncapped damage, right now it’s pretty ‘eh’ even when there are more targets). Crusader Strike could really use damage buff to at least AA level. BoJ also could be buffed a little because it’s physical and doesn’t scale with mastery anyway.

Consecration would be better if it applied DoT when stepped into. So rather than field of damage it would be more like a DoT trap. So for example it applies some DoT for 6-8 seconds that ticks holy damage. If this DoT also did more than nothing it could be worth using more often for every spec that is not Prot Paladin.

Final Verdict seems now far superior to Magistrates Judgment for the 1 minute build, like 200 dps ahead. Mad Paragon is still best for Venthyr Sera/SW (30 dps ahead) but falls behind by 100 dps with Venthyr DP/SW.

Yeah, but let’s remember that Magistrate has use in AoE and FV doesn’t. Magistrate can work very well in one minute cleave too, because you will most likely pack at least one more Divine Storm thanks to that.

I would still use Magistrate + Tempest in dungeons if I could have 2 leggos. Or Magistrate + TV in single probably.

Sure, not to forget that with the Ringing Clarity changes HoPo generation becomes a periodic effect that more often proccs Magistrates, which is especially a buff to AoE.

Exactly. For me it looks pretty fair between Magistrate, Tempest, Mad Paragon and FV. Each one has something nice. FV has the strongest single because it has only single, Mad Paragon and Magistrate have their uses in both single and AoE and Tempest is pure AoE. Each one is going to have fans.

The only thing I regret is crafting Mad Paragon actually, because I’m Kyrian and this leggo is nice, but half-useless for me in 1 min build I use. Great for Venthyr though.

1 Like

Will tempest still be the best aoe legendary? I just got enough soul ash to craft my legendary on my paladin. Should I craft the tempest?

Tempest is the only leggo that gives anything to Divine Storm in particular + it allows to constantly hit with uncapped AoE. I really doubt anything will be better.

1 Like

Paladin needs a nerf in pvp for sure.

All burst needs nerfing.

how about ringing clarity/DT in pvp when this patch comes out? any thoughts yet?

As I paladin a can agree on that. I mean sure it’s fun to 1 shot poeple but when you aren’t that lucky to get the crit you are dead. So it would be more nice to have more sustainable damage maybe?

This is not my main btw xD
I just have my warrior here cuz I have the most time on the forums with him :smiley:

Kyrian Paladin really has a strange dps range. Can vary by almost plusminus 20% on longer fights and even plusminus 45% on burst.

Can’t wait any longer for 9.0.5 to get some more dps range. Would like to craft that new singletarget BiS leggy now but I can’t imagine how Stat Weights will change with that and also the TV conduit change.

Divine toll nerf will not affect the state of Rets. It was a good change to eliminate the random proc one-shots in pvp. Players on the receiving end will have the time to react.

One the other hand, along with the change, DT will cast 1 Judgment on each GCD that will allow for extra dmg on Templar verdicts (/w Judgment amplifier).
It will also help in the over-capping of Holy power resulting in more templars/WoG output.

With the recent fix on a conduit called Templar’s Vindication and in conjunction with the previous points above Rets will deal a fair amount of dmg helping with sustain pressure which was one of the issues of Rets.

Last but not least - Templar Verdict being buffed by 15% will also have a good synergy with Templar’s Vindication conduit + the holy power regeneration of DT will result in an enjoyable playstyle if you ask me.

If you play with Final Verdict legendary this spec seems to be promising:

• Righteous Verdict

• Divine Purpose

• Final Reckoning

/w Templar’s Vindication (conduit)

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion

Yeah maybe. But current sims say no unless Divine Purpose got stealth buffed. Sera is just too strong in any scenario. The new Ringing Clarity can’t be simed yet but for sure it doesn’t mess up with Divine Purpose like the current RC does, so there is still hope for DP. Anyway FV pushes Zeal and RV close to ES with Sera/FR build, so good news for anyone who doesn’t like ES.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.